Share your VR graphic settings

Hi @anton_Chez are you on the Reverb? If that the case would love to change my view ;) if you can share your engine file.

Also, did you get tangled up again with Pimax or you stayed away from that company for the new releases?

I'm stuck with the 8kx upgrade because had nothing good out of the original investment except for the FOV.

Hi guys, i tweak the videosetting and engine.ini this morning, test it and tell me how it's works for you !
New engine.ini !

With the new engine, i win 10fps.
With this fps, i can enable "advancedSharpenFilter" (image is more sharpen), up the bloom quality (test night with rain it's wonderfull) and the mirror quality

Test for Rift S / 1080Ti / i7 8700k

thx
I have same hardware and it's much more stable and looks much better, I can play 90 min race without problems :)

Hey @rikirk I sold my 5K+ a while ago when a very kind fellow went to the trouble of sending an Index to me in Australia. I've since been using that and loving it, although my stupid self marked the lens and must now wait for a replacement, which Valve were very good to honour. Even though it was my mistake.

I've used my backer status to upgrade to the 8KX, with the discounts that come with it. I figured, worst case, I could sell it for a handsome profit if I choose to stick with the Index. If not, I end up with a better headset and will move the Index on. Not sure which way it's going to go, but either way, I am happy as VR is in a good place for me now. I just really need to move on from the 1080Ti at this point and cannot wait for give my HMD's more juice with new GPU's when they get here.

So, for now, I am waiting, as everyone else is, for the 8KX to finally start production. I don't see me getting mine any earlier than September to be honest. Which sucks mainly because I am waiting for it to get to me to RMA the Index. I don't want to be without mine for any length of time as I league race competitively 3 nights a week and moving to a screen will affect my performance while I adjust.

I might have to look at buying a Rift S or borrowing one from a friend that I know has one but barely uses it. I'm probably looking at around a month from sending it in to receiving it back, so it's quite a length of time to be without something I've used exclusively for almost a year.

Also, I think I am using the stock engine.ini file at the moment, and will try the latest ones posted here hopefully this week. I'm getting good results with the way I have my ACC set up. Just need more power to get away from using forced reprojection.

@anton_Chez very grateful for the kind reply. Guess we are on the same page ;)

I doubt the kx will do any good with ACC until the new ti GPU is out, so I am ok with September as the worse scenario.

Personally, I am not keen on using any artefacts including motion reprojection and I am on the stock .ini with all the blurriness, but at 90fps/11ms most of the time.

The Turing card is not enough for the Reverb, too and my CPU OC @4.9 is bottlenecked at 35-55% with 32GB of RAM, so I am sure I will brake the bank again with the next gen Intel.

Please keep us posted about your findings.

Wish you the best for your racing season and be safe out there.

i7-9600k stock 4.6GHz boost. evga RTX 2070 Super and HP Reverb, Resolution scale at 60% in game with VR Pixel Density at 130% and Steam VR SS at 150%.

These are the best Engine.ini settings I've found:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

Hi guys, i tweak the videosetting and engine.ini this morning, test it and tell me how it's works for you !
New engine.ini !

With the new engine, i win 10fps.
With this fps, i can enable "advancedSharpenFilter" (image is more sharpen), up the bloom quality (test night with rain it's wonderfull) and the mirror quality

Test for Rift S / 1080Ti / i7 8700k

I tried those settings as I have pretty similar setup (2070S/R5 3600/Rift S), but can't get stable 45FPS so ended up reducing VR density and scale to VR epic profiles' default values leaving the rest as you suggest. Don't know why I can't manage get stable 45FPS since I assume 1080Ti and 2070S is about same performance.

I don't think you should trust synthetic benchmarks blindly. If you scroll down you could see that in games on average it's only 2% faster. Here's another link
Anyway the point is that those settings that you posted do not work with 2070S perhaps due to better utilization of 1080ti but in general comparing performance between 1080ti and 2070S in other games is about the same.

Hi Guys,

My system is i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR4 Ram @ 3600Mhz and a GTX1080 FTW Hybrid which clocks itself at 2025Mhz.

I notice my CPU is running really high and spiking at 100%, now I could just swap my CPU out to a i7-7700K and overclock that. I play AC a lot and my system runs it really nice.

If I was to swap out my board and CPU to Ryzen or Intel any recommendations to what would ideal?

Thanks,

i7-9600k stock 4.6GHz boost. evga RTX 2070 Super and HP Reverb, Resolution scale at 60% in game with VR Pixel Density at 130% and Steam VR SS at 150%.

These are the best Engine.ini settings I've found:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=24
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

This post deserves more attention. These are by far the best settings you can use. Game looks and runs great, thank you so much!

the pclipse's engine file is identical to mine except this parameter (r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0 )but for me it must remain at 1 otherwise the cars float above the track because there is no shade.

Last edited:
the pclipse's engine file is identical to mine except this parameter (r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0 )but for me it must remain at 1 otherwise the cars float above the track because there is no shade.

I get a lot of ghosting using yours for some reason. If I look at the side mirror I can see a trail of like 4 ghosts of it lol. His is much clearer in my set up.

I get 144hz / 144fps with shaders installed and settings pretty high. I have motion smoothing turned off as well. 1080ti/9700k/ valve index. Its great. Shadows seems to have the biggest impact on performance for me.

i have a 1080ti it's more powerfull than a 2070S... and my GPU is OC too

Thanks for sharing your settings, now game is much much much more enjoyable and clear on vr (I have same headset and graphic card).
I've only toggle off the sharpen settings and lowered a bit the dinamic resolution for more smoothness...
Maybe I should OC the card too....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea