Season 9 - General Discussion

I would join but the forced cockpit view is no good for me. My monitor is too low and not big enough for such limitations. I will however join in on the server before races :) My racing position is also all wrong for a long race i.e. over an hour. I have an office chair and a low desk!
Yeah as kennett said I would play around with the seat position and the FOV a bit, maybe it works for you then :)
My monitor is quite small too but it works good for me (I have a office chair+table too btw haha)
And I would have recommended to drive a few Presto GP racing club events first but youve already found that thread :)
I think these events are the best possibility to see if the cars are made for you and if you want to join the league :)

I would join but the forced cockpit view is no good for me. My monitor is too low and not big enough for such limitations. I will however join in on the server before races :) My racing position is also all wrong for a long race i.e. over an hour. I have an office chair and a low desk!
The cockpit view is very nice when you get used to it, for me the only way to get the right feel of the car. If you raise the seat you will have a good view of where you are positioned on track. In these fast cars you will mostly have your eyes focused on a small area far in front of the car. The multi screen setup doesn't add much to the driving, maybe a little bit safer when you can see a cars nose by your side. I joined the league using an old fashioned 17" screen, now I have three screens, but I'm just as consistent/slow/fast/safe/unsafe as before. I don't think a wall of 50" screens would make the driving any easier, but it would be great fun of course. For me the most important tool, for achieving awareness and sense of cars positions in close situations, is the headset stereo sound. There are some blind spots behind the car where I cannot see anything. The "real" mirrors do not provide a particularly good view and the virtual mirror is a bit better but not satisfactory.

This is long and doesn't involve motorsports at all. But it may give some pointers why we do the things we do on track.

I've noticed in those races where we change gears a lot, where it takes extra concentration for long periods of time that my subconsious takes over at around 45-50 minutes mark and i start to switch gear automatically. Once i notice myself doing that, i start to click gears twice, first is the twitch and then comes the conscious one. But after watching this, i'm not sure who really controls my car.. One thing is for sure: repetition, repetition, repetition.

Just a funny notice: how many of you, instead of taking the shortest route, you take the smoothest one? For ex while climbing stairs, you go outside-inside-outside while logical route would be shortest line.

Just a funny notice: how many of you, instead of taking the shortest route, you take the smoothest one? For ex while climbing stairs, you go outside-inside-outside while logical route would be shortest line.

Lol... nice question :) I think that when I am walking I am taking the shortest route my pace allows (I do not turn 90 degrees on the spot when rounding a corner, nor do I use all tarmac availeble on the pavement/sidewalk :) I guess I take the quickest route, and that also goes for climbing stairs as well :) (obviously i add a safety margin to the quickest route, so I do not stay on edge of grip level and slide and fall all the time... lol)

I just would like to make a short announcement that I'll take a brake from league racing for the rest of the season, study is taking a lot of time and its really hard for me to be flexible enough to prepare for scheduled races.
I think its not in the interest of the league if I join the league races more or less unprepared and by that lower the average level.
However this is only limited to league racing, I will still take care 100% of stuff like the monday racing club races and also, if we find a commentator I can still prepare a live stream.
And of course I'll still be present in the presto forum as much as possible

With the experience in last race that I suddenly was all alone on the track during race, I was wondering how it did and what excactly happened.

Will find it hard to prepare for next race, as it indeed involves alot of practice and dedication in a very busy schedule I have with UNI work, only to experience the same thing over again.

Was such a downer last night, any ideas on what happened to my race?
Would like to somehow get this solved if at all possible.

With the experience in last race that I suddenly was all alone on the track during race, I was wondering how it did and what excactly happened.

Will find it hard to prepare for next race, as it indeed involves alot of practice and dedication in a very busy schedule I have with UNI work, only to experience the same thing over again.

Was such a downer last night, any ideas on what happened to my race?
Would like to somehow get this solved if at all possible.

It is a simple disconnect.

In Race 07 when you disconnect during driving, most time you just drive on but everyone else dissappears because they get out of sync with you.

I had this exatly 3 times during the ~2 years that I drove this game; the last time was on the Singapore race. Most times it is caused by a connection problem from your own side, like for example when you loose your I-Net connection for a couple of seconds.

Well, two players got disconnected at the same time, that can't be co-incidence?

You mean Sean and David in the qualify session or was there someone who LC together with Henrik?

I agree with Dino, this is usually some sort of local network issue. Looking at the server replay often helps in understanding what happened.

Results and replay files are availeble now, I needed a little brake from racing as soon as my miserable race was over :) No big drama though, and nobody created my misfortune but myself (I had no problems with your driving Peter).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back