Season 9 - General Discussion

Little Sneak Peak
Should Nico approve them then these are 2 menu elements of the new PrestoGP.com Frontpage.
2 out of 15 :)

The car in the first picture will be a link to the spotter Guide.
(Can someone tell which car is pictured? ;) )

up1m.jpg

m13n.jpg

I got one idea Jonas.
The setup thread is a little cluttered - I think it would be good to collect all setups into a more orderly fashion - and keep some of Reiks comments in the first thread.

Not sure how the Presto GP site is when it comes to customization...eg more pages..
If so I would suggest making an html page for many of the options (buttons), I am more than able when it comes to html and css - so if you need to lessen the workload (if the suggestion is viable) I am here to help.

Also, as a "newbie" I had the feeling there was so many threads I had to read through to get ready - would be nice to merge some of the threads into a more readable html page.

Just suggestions mate, this would be nitpicking.

Heh, combining all info.. Never ending process, i remember asking for that last season :) I guess we really do produce a lot of material, almost all info is already collected, you should've seen what it was last season amongst the veterans who've been many years perfecting this.. I remember asking really stupid questions (well, not stupid but now they seem so..) a lot.. Poor Nico, i came with an attitude :roflmao:

I got one idea Jonas.
The setup thread is a little cluttered - I think it would be good to collect all setups into a more orderly fashion - and keep some of Reiks comments in the first thread.

Not sure how the Presto GP site is when it comes to customization...eg more pages..
If so I would suggest making an html page for many of the options (buttons), I am more than able when it comes to html and css - so if you need to lessen the workload (if the suggestion is viable) I am here to help.

Also, as a "newbie" I had the feeling there was so many threads I had to read through to get ready - would be nice to merge some of the threads into a more readable html page.

Just suggestions mate, this would be nitpicking.

You got some good ideas there Henrik, the thing which stands above all at the moment is to make sure the site PrestoGP.com doesnt have to be updated too often because neither Nico nor me have enough time to update it every day.
So there are 3 options I can think of:
1 We build up everything so that it doesnt have to be updated very often, 2 We build the site so that it updates itsself and 3 we have someone who offers to update the page.

For number 2 we need someone who is far better at programming than I am and 3, at the moment we dont have someone who has enough time so right now we are sticking with 1 which is at least a far better solution than having no site like this in my opinion. :)
The best solution still would of course be 2 and now that we have you, who seems to know a lot about programming this option might not even be too far away from reality.

About the customizing options at the site, Im quite sure at least that an additional site could be added.
Im wondering have you got an idea how such a setup site could be realized with php?

Im wondering have you got an idea how such a setup site could be realized with php?

PHP with a MySQL database would make it easiest to update the site through a Content Management System (CMS) - there are many variants out there (no need to invent the wheel over again).

I know PHP and javascript, although it has been some time since I have worked with it.
You would need no PHP skills if I set up the CMS on the site.

On the subject of steam update, just tried this and it works a treat.

You can still use your original install if you have a logitech profiler by assigning a game to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 8600

and launch the game from the profiler. It also works if you create a desktop icon with the same path.

On the subject of steam update, just tried this and it works a treat.

You can still use your original install if you have a logitech profiler by assigning a game to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 8600

and launch the game from the profiler. It also works if you create a desktop icon with the same path.

Why should you not be able to use your original install in the normal way?
Since the rollback of the accidental update there is no difference at all to how the game always worked.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back