Season 9 - General Discussion

This game is driving me crazy!!! Last night everything was just fine. Today I'm trying to start and bang it creates a Race 07 Install 2 folder again. When I copy my files from the previous folder to install 2 it automatically creates install 3 and so on. How the h*ll to handle this? That's absolute nightmare! My mod is missing, the game starts only once and then I have to restart steam and somethimes even my pc! Nightmare! Nightmare!

I'm having the same nightmare. It just re-downloaded the whole update. Now have to restart steam each time I want to start Race07. Also all the tracks and cars are gone. I've copied them over, I've deleted the folders and copied from scratch. It just doesn't want to see them. I just deleted the whole game and am re-downloading. Hopefully things settle down soon.

My suggestion:

Copy your setups and profile settings (and reply files if you wish) and put them on your desktop. Then uninstall everything, and when all is clean, install race07, copy back profile settings and car setups (and replay files). Then download the mod and skins from MyDrive.

Personally I did not install all the expensions (GTR Evo, Race on STCC, Am-cars etc), all I need is Race07

Well now I just f*cked them! The solution:
1. Close Steam
2. Move Race 07 folder from Common to the steamapps/USERNAME
3. Delete all install 2,3,4 folders
4. Open GameInstallDir.ini and replace COMMON on this line: GameInstallDir=d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07 with your username
5. Start the game and it will work.

Oh this is ridiculous btw :D After my solution the game can be starter from both Race 07 or STCC 2 icons but... big but. I can only start it from Race 07 icon or via steam Race 07 Play button once. After that Steam says - game files corrupted. Nothing like this if I use the STCC 2 icon :D I can start the game as many times as I want ahhaha.

PS: because there's no Monza thread can you tell me what is considered and good lap time for race? I'm doing mid 21s wich about a second slower than my usuall Q pace...

I have just reinstalled everything.

Installed the mod and track pack - but when I try to watch the replay I get the message that I am missing cars and track, and because of this cannot watch the replay.

installed both downloads in: Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07

What have I done wrong?

EDIT: Got it fixed :)

This game is driving me crazy!!! Last night everything was just fine. Today I'm trying to start and bang it creates a Race 07 Install 2 folder again. When I copy my files from the previous folder to install 2 it automatically creates install 3 and so on. How the h*ll to handle this? That's absolute nightmare! My mod is missing, the game starts only once and then I have to restart steam and somethimes even my pc! Nightmare! Nightmare!

I just copied the .ini files from the Install2 folder to my race folder and that sorted it.

PS: because there's no Monza thread can you tell me what is considered and good lap time for race? I'm doing mid 21s wich about a second slower than my usuall Q pace...

If a regular thread such as the one you mention have not been open, and you have something to post, open the thread youself ;) (in the same style as the rest to keep it tidy) edit: i see David have already done it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back