Season 9 - General Discussion

I found the problem with my pedal controller yesterday. Steam update had set the control settings to default. I couldn't imagine that in my wildest dreams. I should have because everything else was gone. Maybe it was for the best that I missed the race. I was to tired to think Wednesday evening.

XD is not for rFactor.. It now show the difference to you last lap or to best lap. The game shows the difference at sector gates and finish line, delta is constant time difference, you can see if you took that 1st corner better this time compared to your last or to your fastest lap... It helps us a lot, more than probably other classes.. Real F1 drivers have it all the time in the steering wheel... It's considered so important info that it shares the space with gear indicator, speedometer, and rev lights!

Hmm strange you say that. I was asking because I saw this in the readme:

Info
It's an addon for GTL/GTR2/rFactor/GSC/Race07/GTR-Evo (Steam only! Version: 1.2.1.10) which lets you display some useful informations whilst driving.

Well because i'm away for the next 2 weeks I did my first laps round Singapore, now that is some scary S**t, all those walls. Managed 67 mins last night with just a few touches and 67 mins tonight with no touches. Probably the slowest laps ever in an F1 car, but I have a feeling that staying off the walls will pay big time. In fact the only thing more scary than this is Eau Rouge in the wet!!!!

sorry guys if Im not so presented on forum and server but I have big problem with my old PC 1st race in Hungary was annoying frame rate also in sound:( so jump out of game because the car was indrivable,race 2 worst frame rate in lap 2 or 3 when Im out of Radillon seems to me go in slow motion when my car take just speed I lost think 2 or 3 position and big sound problem.
I dont know because in this season all this happen always run in low game configuration and no big problem but after last Steam updating big caos:D with folders Race 07 many folders are born: Race 07installation 2 ,Race07 installation 3 ......?(folder SimBin)
In these days I work around the game and PC so remove all game Race07 and GTR Evo reinstall all now I have right folders that is one folder Race07 the game run without problem,another thing that I did is replaced video card Ati 5450 1G ( more is useless on P4 I think) instead Nvidia 9400GT 1G( not so dedicated to game:))all is based on P4 3400 (socket 775LGA Prescott) ram 3Giga XP system.
I put new card yesterday evening and tried, at moment bit better frame but always crackling sound so remove Realtek drivers and reinstall . All the time I suffered frame ( I know low power PC remember A1 Ring my car was Pink Panther car:D ) but like this season never so with big pleasure I will do partecipate at Monza if my PC dont let me run with sense I dont tink that I will do the official race too dangerous for others cars and no sense for me race too hard drive example:Im close to line track and when frame restart my car is on grass with 2 tires with conseguence that everyone of us know.
Any help is appreciated.

PS best way is a good "Fomat C:" :D I will do after Monza ( think )more days between races so I can reinstall all.

Vale, are you running Game Booster?

I will continue to post/share it as I see fit. If there is crucial info I need to get out before the race I will do the same as I did for the Spa race. The problems at Spa tought us many valuable lessons though.

-I am still missing the email address of most new members
-It is a good idea to have a few league members as steam friends
-It is a good idea to do those very few things that are compulsary to be part of the league.

Most league members received the pw at e-mail, only the new members did not. And I think many are forgetting that the real problem was that Henrik & Co didn't have 5 minutes to spear to properly read what I had wasted 1 hour to write.

I see one problem with forum posting, at least my alerts here won't always show new threads, actually most of the new thread that come here won't show in alerts even thou i have renewed the subscription here many times.. That caused me in Hungaroring to miss out half of the practice, i simple didn't know that such a thread existed.

Of course if the emails start working like last season, then there's no point of changing anything. Personally i don't like email system, i hate hitting F5 every 30 seconds but it wouldn't change with RD conversation either so...

Is there a steam group for PrestoGP? If not it should be done, i can do it but better that Nico does it, the one who creates groups usually has the highest authority.. Steam group ables all members to see each other and exchange friend invites, sort of like a hub during the game.. Quick to go there, just shift-tab to group.. Server issues, pwd issues, all could be handled during the official sessions thru that..

I think everybody (who isn't already doing it) should make checking the forum before a race a habbit. Also, I said beforehand that I would post the pw in the forum.

Feel free to create the steam group Kennett. I have always worked towards making my own role less and less significant (without losing control) so twitter, facebook, youtube channels, steam groups etc I don't touch myself. But I think it is cool when others take charge and create something (that is not in conflict with the core, which is the league in itself).

i fail to see the big problem here :O_o:

nico posted the password in a thread that he asked all members to read, one of the main requirements of a presto member is to check the forum regularly and definatly read posts which say "ALL MEMBERS READ THIS" some folk say they read it but didnt see the password so mustve only read selective parts or didnt bother at all.

we dont need emails, pms and posts and folk on steam telling us the password, one of them is enough, so unless nico is given everyones email address then posting the password in the forums is the next best thing as everyone should be checking them theres really no excuse.

p.s kennett the announcements are rubbish, sometimes they show sometimes they dont for me, bookmark the main presto forum and youll see the threads with new posts highlighted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back