Season 9 - General Discussion

I saw this thread a bit too late, i did not know what to do after the update as the game stopped working and i thought to delete everything and reinstall steam and the game from scratch ...1 day job and everything is in place ..BUT....

- when loading the game it takes ages to start , then when I enter the server / track the game start loading and somehow or stops loading or freezes and never get to enter the track...

any idea what is wrong? Kennet ?

Thanks for help..
A wild guess on my behalf, but I had to allow Steam/ Race 07 "permission" in my firewall [Which is Comodo free]. It will remember my choice for next time; strange that it needed to "ask" [like a new app does] , so I write this. :)

Firewall: control panel -> system and security -> Firewall . Then on the left panel there's "allow programs thru", it takes few seconds to load. You see the exceptions list, add program, find race07.exe and add it to exception list

thanks Peter,
something must be wrong, i have treid diferent tracks and diferent cars and the offline tracks etc nothing is working.. the track stops loading and freezes and i have to press ctrl/Alt/delet to exit..

does the latest update comes automaticly with the steam if i install it form fresh or do i need to donload the update?

i will keep trying,,

thanks for help :)

Something must've went wrong, with fresh install you get our game back, it downloads all it needs..

This is only one day old update and seems to be that Steam didn't even give headsup to SimBin on this, it came as surprise to them too... That little tidbit on info tells me that we are in a long hard road of updates from both parties.. Or this was it, race07 is ruined forever, one or the other.. Or there comes one update from both and everything works..

Something must've went wrong, with fresh install you get our game back, it downloads all it needs..

This is only one day old update and seems to be that Steam didn't even give headsup to SimBin on this, it came as surprise to them too... That little tidbit on info tells me that we are in a long hard road of updates from both parties.. Or this was it, race07 is ruined forever, one or the other.. Or there comes one update from both and everything works..

:confused::confused:.....i feel i will have a hard time fixing this issue...

i will clean my computer once again from all files related to steam and the game and will do a fresh install of steam without using the cd drive of the game , hopefully this fixes the issue if not then i might be missing the race on dednesday :mad:

i will clean my computer once again from all files related to steam and the game and will do a fresh install of steam without using the cd drive of the game , hopefully this fixes the issue if not then i might be missing the race on dednesday :mad:

Remember to set your alarm for Thursday [for us Aussies and a bad joke :giggle: ]. Enjoy the race mate! :)

That is probably the best, the cd install is pointless since it still downloads everything.. It has been pointless for a long time now, in the old system you still had to download a lot. CD versions are ancient 1.2.0.x and we are using version 1.2.1.10.. From what i can gather it seems to be 50/50, it works either fine or needs a fresh install.

BTW, SimBin was totally clueless about this update, they woke up yesterday and found the game not working, just like we did.

The game is working perfectly after the second fresh install..
thanks guys for the help.. :)

Hehe, don't rejoice too early :) I had finished my fresh installs and it was working fine yesterday. Then fired up the game today and it wouldn't start, instead I got an update window that did not do anything except for showing "updating... 0 sec left"

Tried some different stuff including checking the race07 install files by steam. After I did that the game started normaly for some reason.

So there's a lot of unintended crap from this unnecessary steam update.

That kind a expected, hopefully none of you have problems practicing and thus affect racing. My yesterday pretty much went solving update issues, i'm doing some offline laps today, if i get a preliminary setup together i'll be in the servers later. I've done a lot of laps here between seasons. But i need to clock some kind of lap time today or tomorrow the least. I do have some weird pains in my legs, have had since thursday but hopefully they go away.

I just let it update so it created the Install 2 folder. Copied the .ini files from the install 2 folder to the race 07 folder, deleted the Install 2 folder, copied over my profile and all mods tracks and all is well.

This is the second time steam have done this but I have done the same both times without problems.

It should still be there in C:\Users\seancleric\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 original and i added to my new C:\Users\seancleric\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install 2
and deleted old.

Here's the updated tutorial: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...changes-on-01-09-12.55329/page-6#post-1236302

Short version, more translate friendly, i think:

Copy "Steam\steaamapps\[STEAM ID]\Race 07\Gamedata" and "UIData" to "Steam\steamapps\common\Race 07"

Copy "My Docs\SimBin\Race 07 Install 2\GameInstallDir.ini" to "My Docs\SimBin\Race 07\" Delete the "Race 07 Install 2" folder.

Reason:
The old game path "Steam\steamapps\[STEAM ID]\Race 07" is changed to "Steam\steamapps\common\Race 07". When you first launched the game, the game created a new "My Docs\SimBin\Race 07" folder and named it as "My Docs\SimBin\Race 07 Install 2" since you had one there already. You need to copy all mods to new location and copy the new path to your main My Docs\SimBin\Race 07 folder where all your customskins etc are.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%