Season 9 - General Discussion

Any chance of an extra server to play on? - not wet.
Spa of course.
When the one 22min is in race-mode I have to wait, and I hate waiting...

EDIT: Now it is just stuck on race... Had to quit after race was finished, cause it was impossible to advance.
Been trying to see if it opens for 30 minutes now...

Is someone jumping straight to race each time?

Any chance of an extra server to play on? - not wet.
Spa of course.
When the one 22min is in race-mode I have to wait, and I hate waiting...

EDIT: Now it is just stuck on race... Had to quit after race was finished, cause it was impossible to advance.
Been trying to see if it opens for 30 minutes now...

Is someone jumping straight to race each time?

Easiest solution is a server with an unlimited "Practice 2" session. It simulates race conditions very good and you can join and leave whenever you like :)

This is nothing more than a test. Longterm there will be changes for sure maybe more towards a team champioship
And please guys if you want to discuss topics do that in the general disscisson thread.
Nico can you please move the posts above and my post over there

I too would prefer the extended long practice sessions myself.:thumbsup: I would never run the race stint server by myself; I'd feel guilty. :redface:

The "problem" is or was that the lower grip levels [when set to Practice 1] resulted in slower PB's on the Presto timesheets. I am fairly ceratin my previous Hungaroring PB, which was a rather pedestrian 1'13".... was done this way and "worried" Nico. J :giggle: Practice 2 sessions are grippier but the extra fuel and race tyre compounds will still skew the timesheets.

I rarely look at the timesheets myself; but we know who the fast guys are.:cool:

The problem was that...
the Practice sessions does not record times, which makes it harder for me to judge who is not ready/safe to be on track.
that people started asking questions, "why isn't my pb updated"
that we spilt a small crowd into two parts, the stint people and practice race people

In addition, the missing servers lately was due to a steam problem that i now have solved (i could not open new servers without restarting steam, and there were always people online when I looked -> could not restart).

When the situation was as it was, I waited for the stint server to get back to qualify (less than 22 min), joined it and had a great stint with 5 other drivers.

But I have opened a practice server now.

I never knew that; and I guess the Dedi-Server doesn't allow for an extended Qualifying Session.

It does allow for that, in that case we'll have recorded times, but better grip than in race.

I'll do as (all of) you prefer, my reasons for not having a practice server are so marginal relativ to having one, so I am now happy with any server-mix that people are happy with in the long run, so that all I have to do is open and close servers and not think. So let's decide a mix and stick to it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%