Season 9 - General Discussion

The reason i asked is when i've made those telemetry videos, i could swear i recorded the right lap but discarded them because times didn't add up... Just means that i did a butt load of unnecessary work.. Well, live and learn..

i was about to do the same kennett, it was sean who mentioned that theres a glitch in the timing and sometimes whats at the top doesnt add upto whats on the screen, the red timing marker above the play and pause buttons should show the correct time of the lap though, or failing that just be eagle eyed and watch the live timing at the top, like you say, we live and learn.

firstly you need to work out how much fuel per lap you use, i use 2.8l for example, so then you take the amount of laps and multiply your use over one lap so my fuel load works out at 156.8l for the full race distance, divide that by how many stints, if 2 stopping then its a 3 stint so my stint fuel load works out at 52.2litres.

when making a preset id choose 53l and softs/meds so when i go into the pits i click confirm and thats it.

hope this helped.

firstly you need to work out how much fuel per lap you use, i use 2.8l for example, so then you take the amount of laps and multiply your use over one lap so my fuel load works out at 156.8l for the full race distance, divide that by how many stints, if 2 stopping then its a 3 stint so my stint fuel load works out at 52.2litres.

when making a preset id choose 53l and softs/meds so when i go into the pits i click confirm and thats it.

hope this helped.

I have no idea how you can go so fast and use so little fuel, my race pace will probably be 3-4 seconds per lap slower but I will need 168 ltr for the race. That's something else to learn now.

Sometimes it can pay to start with more fuel than you need for the first stint so you can reduce the amount you need to add at each of your two stops, thus making your stop a little quicker (which can be useful), just be sure what you start with plus what you then add at each of your stops will get you to the next planned stop and then to the end of the race

for example, if you needed 150ltrs for the full race distance you could go with 75 to start and add 37.5 at each stop, but you'd need to work out what you would have left in the tank at the first stop and then how far that.. plus what you add at each stop will then get you...etc..etc

you'll have to get the calculator out I'm afraid

It all deppends on how you cope with a heavier car, how quickly you use the tyres up, or where you expect to qualify

It's fun when you get it right

Huge amount of work, thought and coffee later i can state: IT WAS WORTH IT!

Took first laps in Hungaroring after pedal overhaul and what do you know? 1:13.6...1:13.3... 1:13.2.... 1:13.4.. 1:13.3.. That was with 35l and soft tires... So my pedal were completely rubbish at the end of last season. Now the action is silky smooth, every lap every corner it reacts the same, it felt like i had tons and tons of grip. Amazing what a difference.

And i'm so happy right now that the design worked.. It took about a year to test but finally the cylinders are happily in their own aluminium tubes free from extra stress, the slide surfaces are now flat and coated with slippery plastic. The contact points are made to fit to the arc of the pedal motion so there no steps, apart from the 100% throttle point where the resistance doesn't increase but makes a little dip and then presses firmly against the mechanic so i get solid hard stop. I might decrease the motion range to get less over 100% motion but that's really just millimeters and the design allows any kind of change in the angle or distance so.... Very very happy indeed, pots are still in good condition (that's a miracle, my Momo has endured ridiculous amount of miles in the last two years and it was already used when i got it...), pedal axels are all right, everything feels solid and predictable.

I'm now more confident than ever that i'll get my times up and get a nice momentum from this to start the season succesfully. I'm now looking forward to cut to 1:11s and see if 1:10s are possible. Also racepace is now better, easy 1:14, those laps i just took just felt so right. No understeer, no locking brakes, no oversteer exits... Nothing to upset me in anyway.

Too bad i didn't get to try it in race tonight, you would've seen a happy fellow on track doing pb after pb... My estimate with this feeling is that tonight i would've started the race in 1:14 and dropped it to 1:13s. Tires are now a bit question mark, i'm putting them thru more load so they may suffer. Didn't feel slipping either, that makes more difference in terms of tire deg.

I could use some company tomorrow evening, around regular race time. Planning for two-stint run and some qualy practice...

The throttle kind a feels like there's a magnet in the very end, it's just 2mm before complete stop when the resistance starts to ease up.. ease to keep throttle to max for long periods. I actually thought of putting magnet and metal plate for this earlier and ditched the idea, maybe it's worth a second look... Scaled just right i could get a nice snap at just the right position... Well, that's next season...

I have no idea how you can go so fast and use so little fuel, my race pace will probably be 3-4 seconds per lap slower but I will need 168 ltr for the race. That's something else to learn now.

Did you acctually use this much fuel? I had 60+41+41=142 liters, I didn't notice how much I had left when I finished, probably 0,5-2,0 liters. And yes, I did 54 laps :)

EDIT: I use about 2,61 liters a lap, 2,61x54 = 140,94

Did you acctually use this much fuel? I had 60+41+41=142 liters, I didn't notice how much I had left when I finished, probably 0,5-2,0 liters. And yes, I did 54 laps :)

EDIT: I use about 2,61 liters a lap, 2,61x54 = 140,94

It also depends on how much wings you use. With more downforce you also need more throttle in the corners and therefore you use more fuel. I used a couple of litres more than Nicolai because of that.

It also depends on how much wings you use. With more downforce you also need more throttle in the corners and therefore you use more fuel. I used a couple of litres more than Nicolai because of that.

This is true, but my experience (like yours) is that it is a matter of a few liters, not 26 :) I'm thinking there must be a mis-calculation somewhere :)

btw, I raced with 8/45 wings and used 141,3 liters (2,62 per lap)

My estimates have been 2.88l per lap, that makes 155l for the race. I have high wings and low engine map both afaik consuming a bit more fuel. Not sure about engine mapping, i'm just guessing that it uses a bit more fuel with low torque mappings since you need to get more revs in order to get the same torque but then again it may have no effect on fuel consumption.. But again, AFAIK the engine mapping changes timings and valves etc so it would mean more fuel consumed.

Was probably wing 11/68 (stable but slow) and changing gear ratios so I don't have to change gears so much. Put in a total of 160 Ltr, because I knew I would be doing a couple of laps less and finished with 1.8 Ltr left in the tank.

It doesn't bother me much as I always seem to use more fuel than most, when I did the Camaro Cup leagues I either had to short shift for the last 10 mins of each stint or make an extra stop compared with everyone else.

Maybe my PC runs of petrol and slurps some as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.