Season 6 Race 7 China (Shangai) - Chat

Well, I've mixed feelings.
I saw this as a technical issue : I already had a LC last year in Istanbul, and a nVidia freeze that in Melbourne this year, and that cost me a DNF each time. So for me : LC = technical issue = DNF. Moreover, I'm very happy of my result tonight and can't hope for more.

Of course, this is a particular situation since there are more LC than usual, and since I don't want to be selfish towards the drivers, I'll follow the majority of the drivers and vote for a re-race :
- Tomorrow at the same time as today - YES
- Friday one hour later than today - YES
- Sometime during the weekend - difficult, the best would be Sunday evening for me
- Monday same time as today - YES
- Tuesday one hour later than today - YES
- Wednesday same time as today - YES, but I prefer we practice Istanbul

-Tomorrow at the same time as today- Can't make it
-Friday one hour later than today- Cant make it
-Sometime during the weekend- Could do
-Monday same time as today- Could do
-Tueasday one hour later than today- Cant make it
-Wednesday same time as today- Ideal for me

-Tomorrow at the same time as today - YES (prefered for me too)
-Friday one hour later than today - YES
-Sometime during the weekend, only after 23pm, I work
-Monday same time as today - NO only after 23pm
-Tueasday one hour later than today - NO i work
-Wednesday - YES but one hour later

Friday, Monday and Wednesday (standard Presto time) are ok for me (despite some guys will think I am not enough prepared to race).

But I will try to join the race in any date and time you choose, think I will find the time for it.

-Tomorrow at the same time as today - can do [but would prefer not to]
-Friday one hour later than today - No (Sat morning here)
-Sometime during the weekend - hmm..depends what time I guess
-Monday same time as today - can do [but would prefer not to]
-Tueasday one hour later than today - can do just
-Wednesday same time as today - yes, best for me :cool:

Thank you Nico....

Well, I've mixed feelings.
I saw this as a technical issue : I already had a LC last year in Istanbul, and a nVidia freeze that in Melbourne this year, and that cost me a DNF each time. So for me : LC = technical issue = DNF. Moreover, I'm very happy of my result tonight and can't hope for more.

Of course, this is a particular situation since there are more LC than usual,

I agree that everyone's internet connection, graphic card, computer, cats and neighburs knocking on the door is their responsibillity, it is part of their car and team :)

However, in this situation it seems there must have been some sort of server glitch/bug/problem. There was 13 people losing connection within a minute or so, and there was no geographical pattern in the LC (some Aussies stayed online, some brits, some scandinavians, etc etc. I guess France was the only country to show true resistance :)

Tomorrow : can't do
Friday : can't do
Weekend can't do
Monday : can't do
Tuesday : ok at the normal race time
Wednesday : would be the best for me at normal racetime.

Greets,

Andy.

I vote for re-race , but also accept any other decision

- Friday one hour later than today - ok! no BEERS then :-(
- Sometime during the weekend - difficult, the best would be Sunday evening for me
- Tuesday one hour later than today - NO!
- Wednesday same time as today - YES, but I prefer we practice Istanbul

- Friday one hour later than today - no
- Sometime during the weekend - too hard
- Tuesday one hour later than today - no
- Wednesday same time as today - YES

And here are the votes from germany: (12 points go to germany LOL)

First of all, if the rerace is going to be done on a day I can't make it but suits best for the majority, then be it :) I can life with it.

-Tomorrow at the same time as today - very unsure for me
-Friday one hour later than today - not for me (billard tournament with brothers :))
-Sometime during the weekend - not at home :(
-Monday same time as today - yes
-Tueasday one hour later than today - not for me (soccer training)
-Wednesday same time as today - yes

thx Nico!!!!

Tomorrow at the same time as today - no
- Friday one hour later than today - no
- Sometime during the weekend - no
- Monday same time as today - no
- Tuesday one hour later than today - no
- Wednesday same time as today - YES

-Tomorrow at the same time as today - YES
-Friday one hour later than today - YES
-Sometime during the weekend, No
-Monday same time as today - YES
-Tuesday one hour later than today - YES
-Wednesday same time as today - YES

Ok, here is a quick summery of the votes/opinions:

Although several would prefere to race Istanbul next Wednesday, this is the only day where everybody seem to have the chance to join. Therefore I see it is a choice between a rerace next Wednesday or no rerace at all.

I agree that the "optimal solution" would be to race tonight, but it I think the result of this vote is no surprise; with so many people it is no wonder that any other day will be hard to gather all, Wednesday have become a kind of an institution :)

As for the correctness of rendering the race void (at least the full race lenght), looking at the server replay I see that 12 drivers lost connection at the exact same time, there is no question in my mind that this was a major server bug/glitch. As a matter of fact I was leading the race when the 12 had disappeard, and would have had a very good chance of winning the race, something that never crossed my mind, I would not be interested in getting my first victory in such circumstances.

Stuff like this can happen, it is the weakness of internet racing. Luckily it is a rear event even though it has happened before... Peter, Jim, Valter & Co, can you remember, has it happend only once before, at Hungaroring or something?

Stuff like this can happen, it is the weakness of internet racing. Luckily it is a rear event even though it has happened before... Peter, Jim, Valter & Co, can you remember, has it happened only once before, at Hungaroring or something?
The A1 Ring season 2 [another track we should revisit sometime:cool:]. That's the only other time I believe; both divisions racing were affected. We re-ran the race the following Wednesday.

hi all !!!
im happy if re start this race next week maeby can have a 30% possibility to retun still i wait this **** wheel:(( !!
im agree with every decided!! i feel miss me the f1, the race , the adrenaline and the friend s !! c u all
!!

HORUS3000!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back