Season 6 Race 7 China (Shangai) - Chat

If we want to change Shanghai-version it must happen very fast, and it must be obvious that the majority wants it :) (I saw Nicolas also say that he prefered the other version).

I am personally for a different version. This one is very difficult, not much grip, so predictable spins. Maybe this race track version will be right for best racers and most experienced of us. But it could be a hell without pleasure for other racers less good.

The other version, "shanghai" is many more controllable and very nice to practice and for eyes!

But this is only my point of view, i will race in china whatever happens :cool:

I pulled it from the pretso updater yesterday and did about an hour of practice. I could do the race on this track, i already did a practice race stint, but it may be very unfair for drivers who can't practice as much as I do because the grip especially under throttle is very unpredictable. Or maybe someone can fix this in the car setup.

Well, I didn't say I prefer the other version, I just noticed it's easier to drive.
Driving a F1 should be hard and tricky, so I say we stay on the original track, and race in two weeks. We'll have more time to find a way to correctly setup our cars and could have a training race next week.
Of course if the majority wants to other track and/or race next week, I'll follow.

I think the current updated circuit [version 1.1] should be the first choice as it is available at both RD and NoGrip for manual download. Anthony, Fabrice, any other "Other" and "Regular Members" can then get the track manually from RD, NoGrip, etc...

But I have both versions so...:)

Nicolai, I know you have a very, very busy job here, so I don't even dare to ask for anything and I'm fine with any call made by you or the Race Director. I only have one wish.

Can you please name a deadline when the finaly call about which track version to use and when to race is done?

I'm fine with any solution, but I'd like to start testing on the track we'll use later. I think the earliest time to start testing will be after this weekend.

Maybe other drivers, who have the time and motivation, can compare the track versions under this aspects:

- dangerous locations (strange curbs, heavy bumps,...)
- cutting regulations
- immersion

Would be nice to get some infos. Maybe it also helps the Race Director :)

thx in advance

Can you please name a deadline when the finaly call about which track version to use and when to race is done?

You are very right, we need to make this decition ASAP. Personally I do not care, all I wish is to know asap what track I should practice on.

I have also asked Steve to figure out what his guys wants, he has opened a thread for this in the Pacific thread.

I would like to have the deadline today, I just have to check with Steve if that deadline is OK with him as well. I'll get back to this matter later tonight.

I included the other verson (v1,1) in the PrestoGP Updater and created a server hosting it to make it easier for all to evaluate.

If any of you are thinking the same as Peter above (and as me), that it doesn't really matter too mcuh for you (as long as the decition is taken soon), please let us know in this thread. The more people I hear from, the easier it is to make a decition :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back