Season 11 - General Discussion

i have both versions. so i wouldnt really mind either version. but i can understand david & the others who probably dont have it. so in my opinion r07 version is totally fine.

since i am not the setup guru and jim hawley made the suggestion that there are already setups we could use in the r07 version, would the one chicane really change anything setupwise?

It would, yeah, but I think it'd be a quick job adapting a setup.

With the chicane, it's 600m you're on full throttle before your braking point (roughly). But without that chicane, you're flat on the throttle for 1km. Gives a big difference in top speed. The change in wing angles would be small, maybe only 1 or 2 clicks down, and the high gears would need to be a touch longer. But that's about it, as far as I know.

Sorry for not really saying that i wouldnt participate in the interlagos race, havent yet got my race07 sorted :( another wet race, would have been fun :cry: Im going to keep trying, but im not going to go as far as wiping my pc. I hope I can join you guys next round, or at least somewhere in this season

As a track: 08 version has some of the characteristics of old Imola and would be my choice.

Suitable for our needs: Race07 default version, everyone has it.

08 is a lot better, it's more detailed as SimBin took another trip there when doing RaceON expansion. The new version is more up to date, even the grass is longer and it's a bit unkept, track has more bumps and is more accurate etc. But availability is priority number one, we all have race07 so i think we'll go with that (grrr to all that haven't bought raceon, it's been on sale for 2-3€ in the past and thus we have to use inferior content.. grrr again...)

In general info for the league, I see it says Race 07 is the game required. In interest of following this through, I am for running the original in the extras section. Plus, those such as David Turnbull do not want to get Race On.

Yup, it's the race07 version, that was decided before the season started. New guys won't know it but i'm really difficult person to get a long with.. I'm a track modder myself so they are my precious little babies. I want the most accurate, up to date version but it's not always possible. Race07 Imola is a great track too, it's pretty accurate of what Imola was in the 00s.. It was renovated and left as tray in the later part of the decade and the RaceON version is pretty close to what it is today. But i rather see 25 driver on grid than 15 on a better track..

I will not be racing at Imola, I have practiced an hour everyday minimum and cannot complete 5 laps without being overtaken by a mini, so is best I stay away for my own sanity and everyone elses safety. Good luck.

Same here, slim chances. I decided to leave practice on this week and boom, no time to do it. I'll go and take a few laps to see how it feels, if it's ok i'll start from the back of the grid. The track and car combo is very familiar so it poses no problems but i won't race totally unprepared for your sake. Specially since i read that people have been practicing like hell and laptimes have dropped on everyone.

EDIT: Definitely not going to make it, our gameserver went online just now and i have to spend the next hours configurating it properly.. It's a pretty popular gameserver, around 10-30k individual players log each month and while we were transferring it to Sweden on better provider (sweet, 60ms latency dropped to 25ms...) it was offline.. We need to get those players back before weekend to get be ready for christmas gamers... So this evening is spent typing configurations, connecting it to autoadmin tools, to anticheat and server browsers, restarting a million times.. lol, the provider is from sweden and their default configs pointed the server to East Coast US, gives you an idea how much i have to do..

Last edited:
Same here, slim chances. I decided to leave practice on this week and boom, no time to do it. I'll go and take a few laps to see how it feels, if it's ok i'll start from the back of the grid. The track and car combo is very familiar so it poses no problems but i won't race totally unprepared for your sake. Specially since i read that people have been practicing like hell and laptimes have dropped on everyone.

EDIT: Definitely not going to make it, our gameserver went online just now and i have to spend the next hours configurating it properly.. It's a pretty popular gameserver, around 10-30k individual players log each month and while we were transferring it to Sweden on better provider (sweet, 60ms latency dropped to 25ms...) it was offline.. We need to get those players back before weekend to get be ready for christmas gamers... So this evening is spent typing configurations, connecting it to autoadmin tools, to anticheat and server browsers, restarting a million times.. lol, the provider is from sweden and their default configs pointed the server to East Coast US, gives you an idea how much i have to do..

Go Swedish ISPs! :whistling:

hey guys,
i am back home in front of my pc and wheel. was 2 weeks away :O_o:

wanted to train hungaroring today but whenever i try to join the server he tells me i am cheating?!?! :confused:

i downloaded the track version from nogripracing which is linked in "season 11 general info" thread. (http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7307)

i didnt have this problem on the server before. you have any suggestions what i can do about that?

thanks in advance,
julius

hey guys,

wanted to train hungaroring today but whenever i try to join the server he tells me i am cheating?!?! :confused:

i downloaded the track version from nogripracing which is linked in "season 11 general info" thread. (http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7307)

i didnt have this problem on the server before. you have any suggestions what i can do about that?

thanks in advance,
julius
This thread will get you up to date :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-11-calendar-and-other-details.70953/page-3

hey guys,

thanks in advance,
julius
Welcome back Julius

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play