WIP Sears Point Raceway (Infineon Raceway) Sonoma

Thanks Nigel! I have had no aim for a specific point in time, but I can say that It is the most modern version I am able to reference. 2010 is when I started it and most of the info I have is from there on.

Thanks guys!

Got a few different layouts.

Long
Long but using 7a
NASCAR Cup
IRL
old IRL (going left from drag strip)
Drift
1/4 mile Drag

Just wondering, are you planning to include the 8 and 9a in a layout as well? It is a layout I've never raced on!

Oh well! I hope this is a bit better than the existing Sears Point (ye, using the old name...) for rF. I love the track!

Looking forward to a release of this work, Infineon is one of those tracks that I find strange that we do not have a version of that looks and drives well in Rfactor. From my pre-sim driving days, I can still remember wearing out the tarmac time trialing here in Gran Turismo 4!

Thanks for the kind comments!
I have to say, positive comments like these are just fuelling this project. I put it down some time ago and never had plans to finish it but people started posting and complementing. I feel obligated to finishing it now. I hope when it comes out that it does the job.

I have had a lot of help with elevations, bumps and corners from some good friends who know the track well, recently I have had someone who has driven the track IRL test it out and give more feedback. I have put 99% of the project time (started in Oct. 2010) into fine tuning and tweaking the track to get it as close to the real thing as possible and as it stands now I can comfortably say it is very close because the testers are coming back with less and less reports of parts that are out of place :D .

Cheers!

VERY NICE mianiak! You must be nearly finished with this project if you have already converted it to the "Race" series :cool:

Your efforts are sincerely appreciated!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back