WIP Sears Point Raceway (Infineon Raceway) Sonoma

Eh no Mianiak, actually your trackbuilding and texture work is pretty good, noticed this immediately after trying out Nikko. Small track, but looked really nice (more of those plz ;) )!

Btw, a bunch of guys have repeatedly asked making an rF/GTR2 version of Goodwood Hillclimb. Although not that interested in the track myself, I replied I'd be willing to make a basic version if enough people kept pestering me for it. I'll probably make it, but ain't so confident about putting in some scenery. I plan to release the (very) basic track as a BTB project... Would you or any other trackmakers be willing to help make this a little community project and put in (parts of) the scenery and trackside objects? It's only a pretty short track, fortunately, and it only needs to be as basic as it can be.

Thanks Raido, I appreciate the compliments :), coming from you means a lot, because you are very critical and honest about things.

As for helping, I'd love to, but I really can't. I'm rushing to get this track finished cause I have a new car mod I need to build some models for and the guys have already started on building the mod and I haven't started on the cars. But if you keep it open, I might get some inspiration sometime when I need to take a break from the norm.

No problem, it was never intended to put the load on you - the idea really was to make the basic track and then let the trackmakers pick and choose which bits of scenery they'd like to add. As a community project, it could work that way. If I get down to making it, I'll just announce it as such in a proper public thread.

Eh no Mianiak, actually your trackbuilding and texture work is pretty good, noticed this immediately after trying out Nikko. Small track, but looked really nice (more of those plz ;) )!

Btw, a bunch of guys have repeatedly asked making an rF/GTR2 version of Goodwood Hillclimb. Although not that interested in the track myself, I replied I'd be willing to make a basic version if enough people kept pestering me for it. I'll probably make it, but ain't so confident about putting in some scenery. I plan to release the (very) basic track as a BTB project... Would you or any other trackmakers be willing to help make this a little community project and put in (parts of) the scenery and trackside objects? It's only a pretty short track, fortunately, and it only needs to be as basic as it can be.

I'm potentially interested, PM me.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I need to figure out how to get email notifications when people reply to threads.

I am encouraged by the comments and I really want to get it finished asap, but its a big big job. I'm learning that when you (attempt to) build tracks of this calibre, it becomes way too much for just one person. I have just gone back through the whole thing to fix the track width, in btb, its just a couple of buttons, but in max its a case of moving every vert one by one or rebuilding the track :D, well almost, Alex from Reiza has shared some scripts and with one of them I was able to snap all the verts I wanted to move to a spline.

I am just fixing up a few things that have been reported by testers and after they are done I will definitely release it as an open beta, I think I am being way too picky with it and i just need to let it out, it is my first attempt after all, it doesn't have to be perfect :D . So hopefully not too long and it will be done :)

Sorry for the delayed reply, I need to figure out how to get email notifications when people reply to threads.

Click on Thread Tools at the top of the page and click Subscribe to this Thread.
There you have several options including email notification. :)

I "accidentally" found my way into the BTB forums, saw this topic and almost fallen from my chair! :pray:this is one of my fav track of all times (I enjoyed this in several games and always loved the layout) and I always wanted this for rF but never had...so I really looking forward to your final work and just can say: if you need a beta tester, it would be a pleasure for me to work with you! :drink:

If you need it looking at for optimisation/a fresh perspective/fixing that you are bored with, feel free to pass the project along to me; I have much experience in fixing/optimising tracks.

Getting very close now..

I just discovered too that now google street view has it, when I went for a lap in google I noticed so many things I missed or got wrong :D. But no, it's not back to the drawing board. I'm waiting on some aiw and cam to be done, then I will be pretty happy to release it as a beta. Seeing as there is only a month or so left of rf1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%