Samsung 57" UWD Monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
I don't suppose there's any way to set up a curved ultrawide monitor as if it were 3 separate screens?

If it were possible, it might be a nice option - equivalent to triples with truly zero bezel, and bringing the reduced distortion that (at present) triples offer compared to a single screen, because games (most, maybe all?) don't treat a curved screen properly in terms of mapping the screen to the viewport.

• Deleted member 197115

I don't suppose there's any way to set up a curved ultrawide monitor as if it were 3 separate screens?

If it were possible, it might be a nice option - equivalent to triples with truly zero bezel, and bringing the reduced distortion that (at present) triples offer compared to a single screen, because games (most, maybe all?) don't treat a curved screen properly in terms of mapping the screen to the viewport.
Of course there is, not all sims support it though.
You can do it with AC, ACC, R3E, I belive with iRacing too.

Triple screen settings for 49" Samsung G9
[SPINNERS]
SP_MARGINS=0
SP_ROTATION=23
SP_DISTANCE=550 (distance to the monitor)
SP_WIDTH=400

Individual virtual monitor dimensions:
Screen width: 401mm
Height: 340mm
Diagonal: 526mm/20.7inch

• Deleted member 197115

I am also thinking very much about the 57 inch. In the current room I would be able to close the topic of screen expansion. A bigger one won't fit. But I'm waiting for the price to drop by half, haha,
As for trackIr , there is still such a solution, it works quite well and you don't have to put anything on your head.
Can you make it work reliably, had no luck trying different no tracker solutions until get proper TrackIr with ProClip.

I got the Smoothtrack / Opentrack setup after watching the video.
Thanks guys....

Have a iphone 12 Pro Max that I don't really use as upgraded to Samsung S23 Ultra and bought the S24 Ultra just recently.

I use the iphone also for Sonos configuration, but wanted to keep this phone for other things anyways. Well it looks like this gives it a new role... :)

Seems to work quite well even though I just have this monitor on the desk and not in ideal position.

Can you make it work reliably, had no luck trying different no tracker solutions until get proper TrackIr with ProClip.
I like the operation of this solution very much in AM2, in ACC it is a little worse, I have the impression that it is not as smooth as I would like, but it works.
In LM-U it does not work yet, I hope they will launch such an option not long.

I have a question about your IEM setup, as I think I saw you on the HiFi forum and noticed that you own a Thieaudio Monarch MK3.
I would like to know how it works for you in games, what Dac/Amp you use.
Greetings.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Deleted member 197115

I like the operation of this solution very much in AM2, in ACC it is a little worse, I have the impression that it is not as smooth as I would like, but it works.
In LM-U it does not work yet, I hope they will launch such an option not long.

I have a question about your IEM setup, as I think I saw you on the HiFi forum and noticed that you own a Thieaudio Monarch MK3.
I would like to know how it works for you in games, what Dac/Amp you use.
Greetings.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Nope, have MK2, they screwed tuning with MK3 in favor of more exciting U shaped signature.
If you are shopping for Thieaudio IEMs, take a good look at Prestige Ltd., they have more agreeable with Harman curve delicate tunning. But for gaming more aggressive tuning of MK3 might actually work better, few people buying $1K+ IEMs for gaming alone though, it just doesn't do them justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

if u play rf2 i can point u exactly to the config to do this, same for lmu. acc also supports it but i dont play that.

i tried that and for a 10 dollars app it worked very well. however i race in the dark for immersion and it doesnt work in the dark. Due to track ir stock issues being such a problem in the uk i ended up going for the delan clip. half the price, works in the dark, good warranty and im very happy with it.

All the flight sim boys rave about it so i knew it would be good. Plus u dont have to worry about the crappy track ir clip breaking on u lol

• Deleted member 197115

i tried that and for a 10 dollars app it worked very well. however i race in the dark for immersion and it doesnt work in the dark. Due to track ir stock issues being such a problem in the uk i ended up going for the delan clip. half the price, works in the dark, good warranty and im very happy with it.

All the flight sim boys rave about it so i knew it would be good. Plus u dont have to worry about the crappy track ir clip breaking on u lol
Great, how is the software? 90% of TrackIR popularity is their easy to use powerful software with a long list of supported titles.
I've read that if you buy just TrackIR camera, you can use any tracker of your choice, including DelanClip (it's just leds emitting light after all), AND original TrackIR SW. Best of both worlds.
I'll probably get DelanClip for myself to use with TrackIR when (if) TrackClipPro breaks, has been holding up pretty well so far. Did you get wireless or wired version?

Last edited by a moderator:
No question still a great display for gaming and productivity...

Would you mind doing a thread regards track ir on setting it up with shared settings for different sims. Or know of any specific videos that showcase it well with super ultrawide displays.

Sorry i missed this message, its really all about the curves, u set a dead zone in the centre and then make it only look to the sides when u look to the side of your monitor, however i can still look into the apex which i really enjoy, i can happily share my curve although it is for a 49 rather than a 57, i will make a short video to demonstrate it for u.

Great, how is the software? 90% of TrackIR popularity is their easy to use powerful software with a long list of supported titles.
I've read that if you buy just TrackIR camera, you can use any tracker of your choice, including DelanClip (it's just leds emitting light after all), AND original TrackIR SW. Best of both worlds.
I'll probably get DelanClip for myself to use with TrackIR when (if) TrackClipPro breaks, has been holding up pretty well so far. Did you get wireless or wired version?

so for the software u just use open track, the same software as that mobile app posted above. i just perfected my curve for a 49 inch screen and thats it. u just load it and open the game. works flawlessly in the dark and the clip is almost weightless so i dont notice it when racing. U r correct about using the delan clip with track ir software and it can be bought seperately however i was already used to open track and have no issues with it. i have it set to only work for left and right not up and down or diagonals as for sim racing i believe thats all i need. I would definitely recommend it as an alternative.

Last edited:

awful driving but i was more focused on showing the track ir, i feel a video from behind would work better to demonstrate this which i will also make, hopefully this shows some what of its functions and my accent is understandable, i tried to tone it down for u guys haha

• Deleted member 197115

BTW, we had big thread on Head Tracking a while back, lots of options discussed, settings, etc.

Smoothtrack via Opentrack worked well for me, for a £10 option.

It does not need a cap or head piece, but yeah needs lighting and how well it works may vary or depend, based on the phone used and its camera/processing performance. Also newer phones will work better in low light and possibly a small amount of light will be sufficient towards the users face?

From the quick go I had with it in ACC, I thought yeah pretty cool, did not see enough of a reason to spend a lot of money on specific hardware options.

I have an older Samsung A series phone, knocking about the house somewhere too but I reckon it might not be as good as it has a much worse camera and slower processor...

Maybe others have more input to share comparing Smoothtrack with Delan Clip options...

Last edited:
Looks like this guy you all love is getting close to offering his conclusions based on months of work and from real world racing/driving experiences....

I find the topic interesting, in that many of you will criticise points this guy raises but do not after several attempts being put to you. Present a thread here with your own calculated settings/preferences for owners of 32:9 screens like the G9 for various sims.

This video perhaps posted before is interesting too . Stick with it as it highlights reasons why FOV calculators are not necessarily always going to be ideal or to every persons preference.

What I am interested in, is getting from other owners what they prefer/use and not just be told to go use a FOV calculator. So to me a thread on the topic especially for 32:9 and taking into account tracking in how this as an option can be a viable and enjoyable option to triples.

Last edited:
personally my thoughts on fov is when its right u know immediately. i set it to the calculator and then move the seat. if corners such as t1 at monza feel short and tight i know its wrong. theres others other corners that i can tell by too. im not completely strict on fov. i like the road to feel big so im comfortable going side by side and on the grid the cars should feel big. From all my years in vr i remember how things looked and felt corrrect, on the g9 i try to immulate that. 32 seems to be correct in rf2 but 34 feels correct in lmu yet they should be the same. Its a very divided topic and there are fov calclators for curved monitors now...again i apologise for my bad driving in the two videos, i was more focused on show casing the delan clip rather than driving haha, i am actually not that bad lol

Last edited:
personally my thoughts on fov is when its right u know immediately. i set it to the calculator and then move the seat. if corners such as t1 at monza feel short and tight i know its wrong. theres others other corners that i can tell by too. im not completely strict on fov. i like the road to feel big so im comfortable going side by side and on the grid the cars should feel big. From all my years in vr i remember how things looked and felt corrrect, on the g9 i try to immulate that. 32 seems to be correct in rf2 but 34 feels correct in lmu yet they should be the same. Its a very divided topic and there are fov calclators for curved monitors now...again i apologise for my bad driving in the two videos, i was more focused on show casing the delan clip rather than driving haha, i am actually not that bad lol

I feel it is also to do with personal perception, comfort or suitability and not just based on maths/theory being an overriding factor.

Oh and look what just appeared....

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%