Samsung 57" UWD Monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
Since this monitor came out, I started thinking Nvidia was going to release a 4090 Super - just a touch faster than the 4090 - but with DP 2.1. It would be a way to milk more money from customers. However, according to all rumour sites, the upcoming "Super" models will not include the 4090.

Since this monitor came out, I started thinking Nvidia was going to release a 4090 Super - just a touch faster than the 4090 - but with DP 2.1. It would be a way to milk more money from customers. However, according to all rumour sites, the upcoming "Super" models will not include the 4090.
Or that they had no intention or oppertunity with the 40 series to make it DP2.1
Could be that AMD as a co developer/partner of the technology got an exclusivity period, speculation but kinda poop that 4090 did not have it.

Ive tested Grid 2 and it will easily do 240Hz on my setup with 5120x1440 via 7900XTX for a rather nice and kinda nostalgic, retro arcade type experience but with a modern twist on current hardware.

Last edited:
Bummer, seems like the best deal on the 57" for (UK anyways) was the pre-order.
That gave an option for £100 off (monitor recycle) but with free robot vac (worth £300)

Samsung for BF are doing upto £200 off on monitors but nothing off this monitor, just the £100 off for recycling an old monitor so that's rather disappointing. A good deal would of had me ordering but to be fair I would be a bit cautious with once again issues on a new model releasing and "QC" being a factor. Quite a few reports of units delivered with issues and Samsung need to stop this happening with what is meant to be their top level of gaming monitors.

Getting the feeling I can upgrade some other part of my setup now and make do with my current 49" as really the dual 4K may not be used in native res for lots of newer titles (with a 7900XTX). Although yes the bigger size and upgraded image quality would have been nice.

So mmmm, does that mean its best to wait to see what they show at CES 2024 and for the next generation of GPU to come possibly in 2024 as well? Will their be an OLED version but how much more can they improve the mini LED to make next years offering worth considering?

Last edited:
I am Considering. Have the G9Neo for little over a year, 10000% satisfied paired to a 4090. So, watching reviews for the good and bad.

Last edited:
Based on previous posts this should be posted here...

I watched every second of it and feel like I just watched 13 mins of "calculated FOV value is wrong because it doesn't "feeeeeel" good. What you "subjectively" feel is better, what feels "natural" to you is correct because....um...'linear perspective!'...Ya!..Oh, and I can feel it in the FFB and trail-braking."

Yes, he literally said he can feel it in the FFB via the road's feedback (like road dips).

This is another case of someone just playing with "dials & knobs" like camera (AKA seat/head/eye/view) position and FOV until they get something that "feels" comfortable & natural to them.

"Well, just do this. If the car feels too small or you don't like your view then just do that or you can try changing this". Just keep playing with these knobs until you get something that works for you, essentially.

He talks about technical terms yet offers no calculations of his own. He offers no formulas. Which makes sense because he has no formula - no method - because he just uses "trial & error" dial-and-knob twisting.

Yep.. I watched it too..

As I wrote earlier:
I think the job from looking at a 2D imagine with linear perspective and having the impression of it looking like reality, judging distances etc is a lot bigger task for our brain than "scaling it bigger/smaller".
Basically looking at the monitor and interpreting it correctly at all is 80% of the work, having calculated FOV or a completely off FOV is only impacting the other 20% of what the brain is doing.
If your FOV is too small on a single 16:9 monitor that's a meter away, the first 80% suffer since your brain can't comprehend the situation anymore, no matter if things have the "correct size or not".
If you have nice triples or a 32:9 monitor at 60-80cm away, the 20% can be improved by using calculated FOV.

But due to it still being a 2D imagine with linear perspective, your brain might do better if you go by feel instead of realistic FOV.
It's more important to make the bigger task as easy as possible for the brain.

If your brain does best with the calculates FOV: jackpot :D

So, I just got through all 10 Pages here and I have more questions than before. Can someone with that g9 g95nc 57 tell me how to start with ACC and which settings they used. Fumbled around many hours and can get anything to the point where I like it.

Distance to monitor is about 65cm.

Hi. Before you get the answers, I'll ask how your impressions are.
What did you transition from?
I own a 49" 5120x1440 240Hz and plan to upgrade to a 57" in the future, but I have a few concerns.
In ACC how much FPS did you manage to pull out? What kind of graphics are you on?
Does everything run smoothly?
How much more can you see after moving from 49 inches, if you had one before?
Did you have to lower your graphics settings heavily?

I thought the RTX 4090 would stay with me for the next 6 years, but with this monitor it's doubtful, you can't even get the full potential of the G57

Might interest some to check out this guys YT channel for various videos.
He moved from triples to the 57" and has various videos uploaded.

Lots of interest and talk in here, but not really much regards views/perspective from owners which is a bit of a shame.

I've decided to hold off sticking with my 49" for a bit longer, as none of the sales had much incentive in discounts and I was not fully convinced the QT on these is ideal yet.

The reality is we need much faster GPU anyways to really get to make the most of it too. Even with a 7900XTX while I could enjoy older titles upto 240Hz the main benefit would be the improved image quality and size.

Gonna, wait to see what is shown at CES 2024 in Jan with the hope of an OLED 57" version with same resolution. Not sure how much more they can improve the Mini-LED tech unless they include even more zones but will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Things are getting more interesting after you throw in headtracking, closing the gap between triples and ultra wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing are getting more interesting after you throw in headtracking, closing the gap between triples and ultra wide.
Well perhaps as a nice gesture you will create a thread on applying such and offer settings you use/recommend for different sims.

I'd buy it if such a thread existed.....

Last edited:
I've pondered about this monitor for a long time. Do feel the upgrade to 57" would be nice as well as the improved picture quality from my current (Non Neo G9).

Yet, I was disappointed that, certainly in the UK at least, their wasn't any good discounts/promotions for this product with BF or New Years....

Also some reported QT issues (again) with first batches as we often tend to find with Samsung monitors was concerning..

Jan 2024 came, no announcement for a 57" OLED, well darn but the temptation still came around every so often.

Posted a lot of videos on this product.....
Possible that this is best/detailed review of the product, which I missed but it had me looking again...

Review

More user opinions.

I just had to go have another look at the website, again mmmmmm
This time, I got a bit of a shock to find that I was able to apply an additional 5% discount to a 10% off promotion to bring a discount of almost £320 off...

rGJPV4q.png

Something Different / Monitor Mounting:
About six months ago I had already purchased one of these highend motorised TV mounts with the intention to use it on a new rig build with whatever new display I would end up buying.

With this it will be nice to position the monitor for different uses. I am planning to still use my 49" above the 57" and might be able to come up with a mounting solution for this TV bracket, but it can handle the weight of both monitors no problems. I also have another motorised solution, purchased to put into my build, that will let me alter the height of this bracket for a more complete control...

Have it something like this...

Last edited:
I watched lots of this guys videos and decided my 49 was enough

I would only consider triples above my 49 tbh but I hope u enjoy yers and always enjoy your detailed write ups

I watched lots of this guys videos and decided my 49 was enough

I would only consider triples above my 49 tbh but I hope u enjoy yers and always enjoy your detailed write ups

Every option brings its own pros/cons I suppose.

Some of my thoughts....
I can live without the additional FOV that triples brings and may consider the head tracking option. I actually have a G7 monitor as well which I was going to do G7 / G9 / G7 with my 49" but its a pain in the ass configuring that with a specific utility for various sims. Also it maintains the issue of wanting more vertical height. Did consider triple 32" 4K monitors and in size this would be the limit I would go to suit the room area. Also 4K @32" is the optimal for PPI and to get max sharpness in images or text.

With the motorised solution, I can bring the screen to saved pre-set positions for different usages. Say I want it closer for 16:9 material or have it move back/rotate for entering/leaving the seat area. Different to the norm but pretty cool functionality I am putting into my own build.

I really like not having the screen borders affect the main area too. I also do not want bits of plastic stuck to edges of my screen that affect the image just for sim usage but then are cumbersome or look silly for general usage.

The 57" G9 based on research/videos, is brighter or technically better in certain ways than their G8 32" 4K model. Which I didn't realise and fairs well to the best 4K gaming monitors. Another factor I wanted was that, it lets us enjoy 4K content as intended and its resolution for multiwindow usage is currently the highest.

If a 45" or larger 21:9 model with higher res was available as an OLED and also supported proper 4K. Then I would have considered that. This would have given a larger screen size for 16:9 material about 4" bigger. Although I think I am getting around that issue with the motorised mount for the 57" and still having the benefits of a wider display for sim usage and in general higher resolution desktop area.

Last edited:
I already have track ir as well so it’s fairly pointless for me anyway and 1440p for me is glorious I don’t need oled to sim race

Last edited:
I already have track ir as well so it’s fairly pointless for me anyway and 1440p for me is glorious I don’t need oled to sim race

No question still a great display for gaming and productivity...

Would you mind doing a thread regards track ir on setting it up with shared settings for different sims. Or know of any specific videos that showcase it well with super ultrawide displays.

I am also thinking very much about the 57 inch. In the current room I would be able to close the topic of screen expansion. A bigger one won't fit. But I'm waiting for the price to drop by half, haha,
As for trackIr , there is still such a solution, it works quite well and you don't have to put anything on your head.

I am also thinking very much about the 57 inch. In the current room I would be able to close the topic of screen expansion. A bigger one won't fit. But I'm waiting for the price to drop by half, haha,
As for trackIr , there is still such a solution, it works quite well and you don't have to put anything on your head.

Thanks, I will have to consider trying....
What are peoples experiences with this and the 1000R monitors with ACC or other sims?

My monitor wont be delivered until the last week of the month.
Currently I will set it up on a motorised desk just with the normal stand.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies