Safety Rating Explained, please...

So how's the Safety rating worked out?

Last week I was 95 - been that for ages.

Now I'm 81 - I've had tons of clean races, won plenty, had some nice close battles but still hit by the usual dicks. Nothing changed really. I earned the rating through online racing, not farming or with AI.

Safety Rating has fallen through the floor and it's only going one way.

How so?

Who the hell uses the Quick Join button lol. All it does is throw you into a random lobby, which you can look through anyway since there aren't that many to begin with.

No need to feel superior, if you are playing a game, you are a gamer.
I certainly don't feel superior, who am I to feel superior to anyone? I just have a distinction between simulating and gaming. Because you play something doesn't mean its a game. And for the record, I play games too.

The above is my opinion doesn't make it right or wrong - everyone is entitled to one and I'm not trying to convince anyone to change theirs.

Anyway, back on topic - I'm clearly a noob, as it's been a while since I've raced. But I used the Quick Join option as occupied servers were showing up as password protected or inaccessible (safety ratings or trophies).

I certainly don't feel superior, who am I to feel superior to anyone? I just have a distinction between simulating and gaming. Because you play something doesn't mean its a game. And for the record, I play games too.

Yes, you play ACC, therefore you are a gamer. You made a comparison on your previous post, that you got rammed by gamers and not simracers, like it makes any difference. Imagine thinking that playing a different style of game means you are not a gamer. I wonder if people that play Farming Simulator thinks they are not gamers, but simfarmers, lmao.

You can only see password protected servers if you manually search for them. Just go through lobbies and try to enter high SA lobbies(there isn't a high number of lobbies anyway), they still have idiots that makes you wonder how the hell they even got enough SA to enter, but it's not as bad as the low SA lobbies. Also, if you wanna actually farm SA and you believe you are a decent drivers, you can always start at the back and overtake people.

Yes, you play ACC, therefore you are a gamer. You made a comparison on your previous post, that you got rammed by gamers and not simracers, like it makes any difference. Imagine thinking that playing a different style of game means you are not a gamer. I wonder if people that play Farming Simulator thinks they are not gamers, but simfarmers, lmao.

You can only see password protected servers if you manually search for them. Just go through lobbies and try to enter high SA lobbies(there isn't a high number of lobbies anyway), they still have idiots that makes you wonder how the hell they even got enough SA to enter, but it's not as bad as the low SA lobbies. Also, if you wanna actually farm SA and you believe you are a decent drivers, you can always start at the back and overtake people.
Yes, I stand corrected, your opinion is right. Using software to simulate something (like an F1 or golf training simulator) makes it a game. Anyway I've accepted you're right so we can move on.

As for starting at the back and overtaking people, The last race I did I got spun out on the formation lap, so waited for everyone to pass before rejoining, but when I would overtake someone (and avoid carnage ahead) I kept getting get rammed or divebomb.. Anyway, I'm going to renew my RD premium membership and try to join in some of the organised events if I can find the time.

This safety rating is bugging the hell out of me. I have only just returned to ACC, and my rating was at a lowly 74, so I couldn't join the 'good' multiplayer lobbies as they need 75. I'm now down to 68 without causing a single incident. I've been rammed from behind and spun out on formation laps, gamers (not racers!) are dive-bombing and when spinning out don't give a hoot about anyone else and unsafely rejoin the circuit causing a collision and I get the dreaded "both drivers receive a penalty" or whatever the message is! Is there no way the SA system can determine if someone is rammed, or if someone is off circuit and within a second of getting back on track there's an incident?

Might have to start racing against the AI to get my rating up, but I prefer proper racing battles which aren't really possible with AI.

Your safety rating will drop if your newer sessions have less Trust vs OBWP than the sessions ageing off. However the good news is that SA values awarded in v1.2 are much higher than in v1.1.

Not sure how long it is now since v1.2 came out but my SA had been stuck around 78/80 since then but recently those lower 1.1 sessions have aged off and in the last 2 weeks my SA has risen to 98. My driving hasn’t really changed. I regularly race on Monza servers with SA 45, sometimes I get caught up in turn 1 other times not but I always finish the race which means you get bonus trust. You’ll only pick up SA when racing close though, so if you have been knocked off and perhaps have a damaged car and have no other cars around then you might as well pit and repair car and then hopefully join back into the pack.

I watch out for divebombers and just let them have the corner, they’re usually in the gravel in a few laps. If you can get your SA up to 75 join the Competition servers, the SA you get from those is generally much higher due to the longer races and closer battles. Work on your other ratings CC, CN, PC etc. as the higher your overal rating the higher the ranked CP server you will be put in and the better the quality the racing will be. Also make sure you have all the track medals, it doesn’t take that long to get them but it’ll maximise the servers you have access to.

I’m sure your SA will start to rise once you get back into it.

Who the hell uses the Quick Join button lol. All it does is throw you into a random lobby, which you can look through anyway since there aren't that many to begin with.

No need to feel superior, if you are playing a game, you are a gamer.

Quick Join or whatever it is called isn’t random, it‘s based on the preferences/settings that you’ve set under Advanced and also aims to pit you into servers where you’ll hopefully get close racing. If you use it you’ll basically go into the server at the top of the list. It’s not perfect, you can end up in long practice sessions etc. but it’s not random either.

Quick Join or whatever it is called isn’t random, it‘s based on the preferences/settings that you’ve set under Advanced and also aims to pit you into servers where you’ll hopefully get close racing. If you use it you’ll basically go into the server at the top of the list. It’s not perfect, you can end up in long practice sessions etc. but it’s not random either.
Those settings are pretty useless, I tested setting a track to 100 and the others to 0 and it doesn't list the lobbies with said track at the top. A simple sorting method would have been a million times better.

A quick join button would only be useful if it sent you to an official server not listed in the middle of those public lobbies, right now it's pretty much useless.

Putting a track at 100 doesn’t guarantee that track, it’s a weighting, it also depends on what other settings you have set e.g. latency, player count, your rating etc. It clearly works as I hardly ever see Misano or Paul Ricard on the first page as I’ve given them a lower weighting.

Some of the best racing is on non-official servers so I don’t see that as an issue.

I would also like to sort/filter the list.

Putting a track at 100 doesn’t guarantee that track, it’s a weighting, it also depends on what other settings you have set e.g. latency, player count, your rating etc. It clearly works as I hardly ever see Misano or Paul Ricard on the first page as I’ve given them a lower weighting.

Some of the best racing is on non-official servers so I don’t see that as an issue.

I would also like to sort/filter the list.
That's because those tracks simply do not exist. Nobody race on them.

This is true, but I would encourage to keep it on and drive safely / avoid contact against the AI as you would a human. This way your SA increases
I disagree, I always disable against AI so you can risk more overtakes and not get punished because of it. Also to not get frustrated by AI errors.

You should get SA from multiplayer only, that's the only place where it matters, anything from AI's is just artificial SA.

I disagree, I always disable against AI so you can risk more overtakes and not get punished because of it. Also to not get frustrated by AI errors.

You should get SA from multiplayer only, that's the only place where it matters, anything from AI's is just artificial SA.
So you propose one should build SA on open MP servers, correct?
The likelihood of losing SA is sadly higher than gaining. At least that is my perception. You could get lucky though, but it can be frustrating at times.
From what I thought I understood from the early days of the game was, that ratings from SP are intentional to build up speed, confidence and racing prowess to then go online racing.
On the contrary some chaps install the game and go online racing from the start. You can imagine the outcome.

As you need to drive close to other cars to build SA, I build it offline too, as it's much easier than in servers w/ low-SA requirements and unpredictable drivers. Then go online with sufficient SA requirements. ;)
I did a 3 h Endurance race (career) earlier this week. Despite playing on "hard" I was 1.5s quicker than the AI on Monza and I am by any means alien-like quick. Anyway, I started from pole and did the 3 h almost on my own with lapping a few cars. However I gained 115 trust points and hence 3 SA points from that. Not sure for what exactly.
On the other hand I had 30 min races with higher % AI and gained far less points (if any) without any contacts along the way. Same with 30 min races in rain and darkness, where my trust gain was marginal.
But overall I am with you.

As you need to drive close to other cars to build SA, I build it offline too, as it's much easier than in servers w/ low-SA requirements and unpredictable drivers. Then go online with sufficient SA requirements. ;)
Yes, this is what I did / do. Increasing SA online was proving impossible, but now I'm high enough to do the CP servers or higher SA public servers where I don't get screwed by reckless drivers anymore.

So you propose one should build SA on open MP servers, correct?
The likelihood of losing SA is sadly higher than gaining. At least that is my perception. You could get lucky though, but it can be frustrating at times.
From what I thought I understood from the early days of the game was, that ratings from SP are intentional to build up speed, confidence and racing prowess to then go online racing.
On the contrary some chaps install the game and go online racing from the start. You can imagine the outcome.

I did a 3 h Endurance race (career) earlier this week. Despite playing on "hard" I was 1.5s quicker than the AI on Monza and I am by any means alien-like quick. Anyway, I started from pole and did the 3 h almost on my own with lapping a few cars. However I gained 115 trust points and hence 3 SA points from that. Not sure for what exactly.
On the other hand I had 30 min races with higher % AI and gained far less points (if any) without any contacts along the way. Same with 30 min races in rain and darkness, where my trust gain was marginal.
But overall I am with you.
Well said.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes