Safety Rating Explained, please...

So how's the Safety rating worked out?

Last week I was 95 - been that for ages.

Now I'm 81 - I've had tons of clean races, won plenty, had some nice close battles but still hit by the usual dicks. Nothing changed really. I earned the rating through online racing, not farming or with AI.

Safety Rating has fallen through the floor and it's only going one way.

How so?

Thanks for the information.

Can the same thing happen with SA? I noticed mine had suddenly dropped from 96 to 83 last night when I opened the game. I hadn't even joined a race and noticed just by going into the rating menu.

First, all ratings refresh over time (actually, I believe it’s distance but you get the idea).

Second, there was a system adjustment in the last couple of days that was intended to adjust an error in some people’s SA numbers. Mine didn’t move from 99 so I either didn’t get the update, I had more headroom in my rating, or my SA points weren't a result of that error. Your rating may have been any one of those.

First, all ratings refresh over time (actually, I believe it’s distance but you get the idea).

Second, there was a system adjustment in the last couple of days that was intended to adjust an error in some people’s SA numbers. Mine didn’t move from 99 so I either didn’t get the update, I had more headroom in my rating, or my SA points weren't a result of that error. Your rating may have been any one of those.

I had no idea there was an update that might effect SA rating but that makes sense to me. Thanks for letting me know :)

this is what Minolin posted on ACC forums which explains the recent ups and downs concerning ratings:
"Small update applied:
- more performance
- fixed an issue where the history would grow a lot longer than expected
- slightly reduced the bonus trust for long races (significant above 20mins)
- fixed the TO rating not reliably applying the correct badge
- adjusted the TO rating to the changes, and the fact that many Platinum-candidates have a reasonable CP rating
Additional notes:
1) New Driver Rating values are
8000 - Silver
9000 - Gold
9500 - Platinum
Once your past 250km are above one of the thresholds, you will rank up. To downgrade, you have to miss the threshold value by 500 for at least one lap in the last 250km (so if you already are Gold, you won't downgrade for a short dip of 8995 so drivers around the threshold values do not constantly see category changes).
2) Impact on Ratings
For some profiles, the rating history drastically reduces over night. That means a) you see less sessions in the rating profile, but for all Ratings except SA this doesn't change the calculation values and how volatile it is (the weights still worked as intended).
However for SA, the Trust/OBWP ratio of the whole history is considered, so having way too many sessions logged makes the SA more stable than intended. After the first lap, this is fixed and can have consequences in both ways (= SA can raise or drop, as the recent actions get a lot more weight now). Overall I expect a small drop in average, so it may be necessary to calibrate SA requirements for servers (for instance I'll reduce the CP requirement to 70 again). "

The SA and Trust system is still massively flawed IMHO. I lost 6 SA points today, all caused by others hitting me, 95% hits from behind. One hit seemed to take away 2 points when I was in no way liable, then I lost another when someone slammed into me after I spun. Then once I lost those points I was no where near to getting them back, even though the SA section flashed green many times. This was all online races. I'm not sure why they get taken away much faster than you can get them back. I'll need to 'farm' them back offline now which in itself is crazy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%