rF2 S397 GT3 @ Monza - Fri 11 Jan 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I still can not work it out ..from around lap 19 my tires degraded very quickly, by lap 24 it was like driving on ice, my lap times had increased by 4 seconds a lap :(:( cars were overtaking me on the inside, outside, middle of a bend, they must have wondered what the hell I was doing.

I raced on 1 set of soft's, because I was informed by a regular driver that soft's would last for at least 1 hour. After the race I asked the winner of the event and several others what tires they were using ....lol they were using soft's :confused::confused::confused: .. now I really am confused

I need to get to the bottom of this, it can surely only be my setup ..my front springs were set at there firmest, simply because the car felt better that way. Another driver who was driving the same car and tires has sent me his setup, so I will try it for sure.

Congrads to the podiums..well deserved ...hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

@Craig Dunkley Like I mentioned on TS, I also can't make softs work for me with the S397 GT3's, it's a lesson I've learned a while back. They seem to be great for me for like 5-6 laps, and then fall off incredibly quickly to the point of being almost undriveable in longer races, despite wear being at like 85 % or so. I just go for mediums nowadays and don't even bother with softs, and it seems to work fairly OK for me (well, within my abilities, anyway).

@Craig Dunkley Like I mentioned on TS, I also can't make softs work for me with the S397 GT3's, it's a lesson I've learned a while back. They seem to be great for me for like 5-6 laps, and then fall off incredibly quickly to the point of being almost undriveable in longer races, despite wear being at like 85 % or so. I just go for mediums nowadays and don't even bother with softs, and it seems to work fairly OK for me (well, within my abilities, anyway).

Thanks for that Martin, that is exactly what happened to me, soft's where great, then dead very quickly and likewise almost undriveable :(

Race to forget .... entered with the wrong car ... my choice and the set was for the Porsche but entered with Audi (Brand that hate) and then made the whole race with problems ... error to the dish and accident. .you always have problems at the second of lesmo and from the second half of the race to the first ... I hope I have caused problems to the others! A direct question to the first on the grid ... but do you have any idea what training ride cabbage did you do? it was faster than the first lap of the race ... it was not a smart thing ... see you next time

eheh..lo know .. but I was convinced to have the porsche then when I realized now I had marked the time and I did not know if I could go out and change ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back