rF2 S397 GT3 @ Monza - Fri 11 Jan 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
There is no Problem for that, i know it wasnt your intention...
Yeaahhh, nice fight for P2. Very nice....
i have ruined my race with 1) a pitstop with tire change and to much fuel for the second stint and 2) 2x times of pit speeding penalties... :(:laugh::laugh:

But yeah - at the end P11...
:)

@Knut Mattheisen i apologize, i was looking at the hud trying to understand my fuel level, I did not see you....it was a great fight with you, i hope we can do it again. i ruined my race :cry:

Well, that was anything but boring, for various reasons ;)

In T1, I realized I didn't have Crew Chief running, which always makes me nervous (despite being able to manage fairly well without it, funny how these crutches work), so I might've been a bit all over the place because of that and I apologize if I was. I finally managed to start it a while into the race when it all calmed down a bit, but despite the long straights, it still isn't easy to switch to desktop and try to start CC with a correct game selected ;)
Then I realized that we're not doing a 50 minute race but a 60 minute race, and suddenly the mentions of not making it on a full tank made a lot more sense. Then I lost 25 seconds during pitstop taking tyres I didn't really need. Then, some 15 minutes before finish, my second monitor suddenly disconnected, which not only caused Windows to lose focus of the game (which drops the framerate to like 15 fps), but also dumped a whole bunch of open apps on top of it. So basically undrivable and I had to stop to sort it out, which cost me quite a lot of time again. (apologies to @Craig Dunkley who was the unfortunate one to be driving behind me at that point). And, to top it off, I crossed the finish line with 0.2 litres of fuel left as I just eyeballed the amount of fuel to take in the pitstop ;)

So, yeah. How I still finished in P8 despite all this (and within 7 tenths of P7) I don't understand. I can only assume people behind me were having even worse time tonight. But despite all this, the race was somehow still a lot of fun, and I like the Aston a lot. Thanks for the tip to set the shadows to low, that helped a lot, this track is ridiculously dark otherwise.

Thanks for the race!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back