rF2 S397 GT3 @ Kyalami - Fri 13 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
it worked for half an hour than i got a disconnect and needed 3 trys to join the server again.
Really strange as the ping is low and everythingelse works fine

it worked for half an hour than i got a disconnect and needed 3 trys to join the server again.
Really strange as the ping is low and everythingelse works fine

It seems to be an issue between our servers and Deutsche Telekom for some reason

not much hope, the server is again very sloopy for me...

:(

We are on it though, it seems to be an issue between the server-provider we use and Deutsche Telekom. Our techy-smart guys are on it (though it is limited what we can do). The hope is that we can push the issue a bit (or get the provider to look in to it), while also users here submits a support ticket (or similar) to Deutsche Telekom. From what we can see atm, it's Deutsche Telekom users that have issues with slow RD-site and/or issues with servers.

Sorry about this, no setting we can change ourselves and fix it, but trust me. We are on it!

:(

We are on it though, it seems to be an issue between the server-provider we use and Deutsche Telekom. Our techy-smart guys are on it (though it is limited what we can do). The hope is that we can push the issue a bit (or get the provider to look in to it), while also users here submits a support ticket (or similar) to Deutsche Telekom. From what we can see atm, it's Deutsche Telekom users that have issues with slow RD-site and/or issues with servers.

Sorry about this, no setting we can change ourselves and fix it, but trust me. We are on it!

Well, it wasn't meant to be tonight. First, I couldn't join the server at all for 20 minutes. 5 minutes before qualy, I finally could connect, only to disconnect after 30 seconds or so. Tried a few more times, but no luck.

And yeah, RD site is super slow and I am a Telekom customer.

Lap 1 incident.... First of all, I had a really good jump at the start and was passing cars... I was carrying a good amount of momentum.

Then at the first little bend near pit exit, I pulled up along side I think it was a blue Ferrari. I was pretty much on the pit exit outside white line. Like I said, we were going through the little short right hander bend. It felt like he turned into me... Maybe I turned into him... Idk... Maybe a racing incident? Don't have a replay.
I don't think I was gonna pass him before the first slow turn because he was catching up to speed, but was hoping for us to be side by side going into turn 1.

Maybe there was a car on his inside causing us to go 3 wide into that first little right hander bend? If not that, than why would he be so close to me on my inside, all the way near the pit exit white line if there was no car on his inside?

Idk... But he seemed really upset as if I aggressively drive into him recklessly which was not the case. It was a little touch... But due to our speed, it seemed a lot worse.

Think I suffered damage from that incident or I couldn't focus because I kept spinning out... So I dropped out the race, a rare drop out for me...

If it was my fault, I sincerely apologize... But honestly, can't tell right now without a replay

Last edited:
made it to the end with a amg that was really slow.
had some synchronizing errors, one results in a spin in turn4, but no disconnect.

as for the connection problems. It was for me on thursday that i realized that the connection to the rd sit was not god as it was before. maybe it helps.

Beside that, as always a bit thumbs up for hosting and organizing the events!!!

Thanks guys that was great fun! Had the best start of my life probably and to my own surprise found myself leading. Being tired after a long week I lost focus after a few laps, had many small mistakes and couldn't keep the followers behind. Fianlly found a good rythm after another few laps catching up with @pokornyib when I misjudged his braking point and had to take evasive action leading to me spinning out. Found a good rythm again after that and caught up to @pokornyib and @xoSx.Racing in the last few minutes but couldn't make a move and ultimately spun again. Happy with P5, great racing everyone!
And as always thanks for the host @Ole Marius Myrvold, great track and cool atmosphere with the sun rising!

20201113225320_1.jpg

20201113225527_1.jpg
20201113230340_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back