rF2 S397 GT3 @ Kyalami - Fri 13 Nov 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Cheers for the racing lads, thouroughly enjoyed that one. A bit of slight door banging for the first few meters, after that it settled down nicely.
Followed the pack around for a few laps, settled in and started to attack. Had a great outside pass in T3 and another one (I think) for the lead. Kept it error free and in the 1:40's every lap except one where the throttle didnt work for a second out of the last corner. Lost around 1 sec but it didnt matter in the end.
Brought it home for the win, but the scare on lap 13 tells me its probably time for a pedal pot clean.
Got to say; excellent choice of track and particularly the choice of start time. This track is so vibrant with light, it really looks spectacular. I could have driven around for hours in the night, lovely place to race.

Last edited:
Is the FFB of the AMG still kind of weird? Couln't get used to that car at all, always felt the faster I went the less I felt through the wheel
yes, it feels horrible understeering, even more when you push.
also it feels of less grip, maybe related to point 1 and the ffb.
for me, the steering geometry is off... or i'm totally untalented(as i am) to bring the car to work.
Tried different setup directions, nothing was the golden.
A bit sad than i think the car is underrated.

I was having a great race for a while. Trying hard to keep a decent gap between myself and @Roy Magnes , but a few mistakes from me, (it was after 4am here and that is my excuse), he managed to breeze past me and into the distance fairly quickly.
I think my set up was still on Quali so things got hot and slidey about half way in.
Then had another good battle with another driver, totally clean and well fought. But then things started to get worse and I lost the car a couple of times. Then, to rub salt in those fresh wounds of shame, I got a disconnect... I've had it a few times on rF2 lately but never on ACC... need to do some network analysis I think as something isn't playing nicely with my connection.

Thanks to all who raced cleanly and professionally, and thanks as always to the host, @Ole Marius Myrvold , all the time and effort organising and hosting these races does not go unnoticed :thumbsup:

Think I was just too tired. Kept making mistakes, crashing and spinning out :(
Also I don't think the Ferrari suits my driving style (or lack thereof). Kept loosing the rear without any warning, so in the end I only focused on keeping the damn car on track and finnish the race, which I did dead last :whistling:

@Ole Marius Myrvold, thanks for hosting. Great track and great fun to race in the dark. I like that you always try to mix it up a bit :thumbsup:

Also I don't think the Ferrari suits my driving style (or lack thereof). Kept loosing the rear without any warning,
The default setup is very oversteery, I had to make quite some changes to make it work for me and my driving style. Still had lot's of oversteer in the last corner though, nothing I tried would fix that.

super fun the track. the start was a disaster, the driver in front was stopped and we had a small traffic jam. then I was picking up pace. I was in position 10 until the driver in front made a mistake and I was able to overtake him, we had a good fight with a similar pace, until in the end he made another mistake and I was alone. I have a question, was I the only one on medium tires? How can you hold 50 minutes with soft. With the Ferrari it is impossible to finish without making mistakes on the soft tires. from my point of view

super fun the track. the start was a disaster, the driver in front was stopped and we had a small traffic jam. then I was picking up pace. I was in position 10 until the driver in front made a mistake and I was able to overtake him, we had a good fight with a similar pace, until in the end he made another mistake and I was alone. I have a question, was I the only one on medium tires? How can you hold 50 minutes with soft. With the Ferrari it is impossible to finish without making mistakes on the soft tires. from my point of view
I was on softs on the Ferrari, had around 65-70% left at the end, setup slightly understeering so a bit more wear at the front. How much wear did you have?

Same here, softs all around. Also had around 70% left. I set the car up slightly understeery with new tires so as they wear, the balance changes to neutral and ever so slightly oversteery in the fast corners, just the way I like it. If I have to I can balance the car, mainly on entry, with an extra click of TC.
I tried the mediums but the grip is quite a lot lower and the wear isnt that much better.

I know the Fezza is tempting because its a Ferrari, but if setups are not your thing, grab the Aston or the Corvette instead. Their default setups only need a gentle touch, like a splash of rear wing, or a dab of TC.

Screenshot incoming! :D

GRAB_000.jpg

My front left was in the low 60's when I finished. I really struggled at the end of the race as well! Which I am sure @Colin Peach saw more than once!
Hehe i had spent all week working on tyre life, was disappointed with my pc's performance in the dark, causing me to crash and damage the car, was fun chasing the pack back down :) and putting our fearless leader under pressure the last few laps

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back