S15 - Skins Thread

I dont have full control over mydrive vale :thumbsup: plus if we keep the race07 downloads seperate from rfactor 2 it will save anything getting mixed up.

can skins be uploaded in rar files?

Sorry for the mess - I made this:
1. one .rar-file of every single .dds-file.
2. Renamed (altered file-type) every .rar-file from .rar to .txt (this is a typical way to bypass systems which dont accept certain file types to be uploaded as .dds here for example)
3. Uploaded the .txt-files here

I didnt know it was possible to choose Open with... Winrar directly at the .txt-files tho. I have always renamed back to .rar first.

I dont know about the importance of which catalogue to put them in - mine are in car #12 in my install.

What i have try in picture, but it doesn't work..... is it me that is too noob in computor stuff??

Step1
Step 1.png

Steps 2
Step 2.png
Step 2b.png
Step 2c.png
Step 2d.png
I guess that is not the way to do....... but its the only way i found to "alter" the file extension from .dds to .txt.

WHat am i doing wrong??

Thanks!

Oh, now I see. My bad, I was not clear at all :)
The whole purpose is to change the RAR-file to a TXT file - it is only a TXT file that can be uploaded. The WinRAR-file should still contain the .dds-file.

So,
Do Step 1.
You get the WinRAR file (at 718 KB in your case)

Stop :)

Now:
To change extension (the last bit in the file names) you need to enable a setting to show file endings in windows explorer:

1.jpg

2.jpg

When that is done you should see .rar after your WinRAR's file name. Right click it, choose "Rename":

3.jpg

Simply change to from .rar to .txt and hit Enter.

4.jpg

Now the .rar file should have "become" a .txt-file with the same file size as when it was a WinRAR-file. The actual content of the file hasn't changed at all, it is just the file extension change that fools the forum system :thumbsup:

Try to upload the file now :)

I use the 11th car.About that, there is 13 car numbers and we are about 30 to run the league, so what do you think about be 3 players by car numbers, maybe it's better for the game, you know, to avoid the mess we've seen on the boxes.
For example in our case, 3 players choose the #1 car, 3 others choose the #11 car,etc for the 24 first players and it lasts 6 players who share out theirself into 3 teams.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back