S15 - Skins Thread

I use the 11th car.About that, there is 13 car numbers and we are about 30 to run the league, so what do you think about be 3 players by car numbers, maybe it's better for the game, you know, to avoid the mess we've seen on the boxes.
For example in our case, 3 players choose the #1 car, 3 others choose the #11 car,etc for the 24 first players and it lasts 6 players who share out theirself into 3 teams.
The mess on the boxes at Melbourne only occured because the track has a 24 gridbox maximum defined, it was not because of our carnumbers used.

good spot steeve :thumbsup:

ive turned skin transfers back on server so we should all get them when we are on with each other but please remember NO .RCD FILES!!

please also check before going on server that you havent picked any up from other servers :thumbsup:

good spot steeve :thumbsup:

ive turned skin transfers back on server so we should all get them when we are on with each other but please remember NO .RCD FILES!!

please also check before going on server that you havent picked any up from other servers :thumbsup:

Please, let everyone manually download the skins here from forums instead now when we have started to upload them, otherwise this is not much use and we'll still risk the .RCD-problem.

Please, let everyone manually download the skins here from forums instead now when we have started to upload them, otherwise this is not much use and we'll still risk the .RCD-problem.

To be fair this thread was started to get people to use skins, not to upload them to here, we already have the feature for getting each others skins built into the game, the only problem is these rcd files, if everyone can manage to stay on top of that and check regular that you dont have any then we should be fine to run skin transfers on server.

I asked to upload here as I thought it be an easy way to collect all our skins but its ended up worse, if there was an easier way to upload here and then just download and put in then fine but we are ending up with a mashup of files that need changed to diffrent formats, then files that are at diffrent download locations, me personally I can't be bothered downloading parts here and there, converting them and putting in, I'd rather just let the server do it and delete the files I don't want, much easier than converting and making sure everything is in the right folder when nothing is named.

I'll go with whatever the majority want but right now I'd think skin transfer is the best way.

This way of uploading skins appeared to be not too convenient, no.

As long as we try to run build 930, I just can't see how we can still risk .rcd-file problems. Apparently .rcd:s still existed last race. I wouldn't enable a faulty function and rely on all players who unintentionally haven't been able to get rid of them.

I don't value to see some skins more than being able to totally rule out any problems being .rcd-file related. In a situation as this we should take all precautions possible to get the races going and not feed frustration and test perseverance...

its deffo a risk peter, but then so is having 2 builds ready and working, rf2 itself is a risk at the minute with build 930, this way we would also find out who reads the forum and who actually pays attention on server when told to remove rcd's.

what i can do is leave both practise servers with skin transfer on and have the race server with it off, we can pick up each others skins during practises then race night if we dont have someones skin then tough luck until we meet them on a practise server?

Personally regarding the skin transfers, I don't have a problem with them being switched on cause I don't get much time to practice and when I do it is very rare that someone is online. If we do have skin transfers off I wouldn't mind having them downloadable from here as the skins give eachother personality and when you are coming up to pass someone or being lapped it's easier to see who is who.

thats not the problem richard, its that skin transfers may cause us problems and also its a bit of a nightmare trying to upload skins here, what i could do is make us a public account on some filehosting website where we can upload rar files then we can just add the car folder with skin, this is all really to make it as easy as possible for everyone, skin transfers would do that but i do understand peters concerns too.

I too can understand peters concern too I just wanted to say that for me and possibly others that the transfers for the practice servers only isn't too helpful if not many people are able to go on frequently or have other racing commitments.
But either way I am happy with whatever the decision is just I like to recognise people with there skins

ok so easy way to get this done is......

skin transfers will be off on server for race night.

upload your skins, setups and videos here....

https://www.mediafire.com

login details....

username - prestogp "at" virginmedia.com
password - server password x2 (mydrive password)

make a rar file, call it your name, add your skin including car folder.

people download the skin, unrar it, copy and paste in and done :thumbsup:

EDIT: download section has been updated with these details.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing