AC *S.GP only* Alfa Stradale @ Nords - Mon 20 Jul 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
s-gp-png.358587

Monday evening AC club racing events have migrated to the Simracing.GP platform. We are hoping for your continued support during this transition. Please join us on the journey as the platform is developed and contribute your feedback.

Simracing.gp beta events are open to Premium members only Click here for more information on Premium membership. You will first need to sign up for the RD beta testing group HERE. You will then receive emails, inviting you to beta testing events in the RD beta testing group.

For the time being, all events will include official Kunos content only (no mods).
Come and join us, more testing equals more bugs squished and faster development of the platform.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Discord: Click here

You will need to associate your RD account with Discord in Your Account > Connected Accounts
Incident Reporting: Click here
Highly Recommended App
: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on Discord, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

• Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU Stradale Practice #00
  • Race Server: You will need to search for "simracing.gp" . Also, you must ensure that you have booking enabled in AC server lobby. The server will not be visible in the server lobby until the exact time stated in the event invitation email.
Cars: Alf a romeo 33 Stradale
Track : Nordschleife

Schedule: Monday 20th July 2020
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (40 minutes)

PRACTICE SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
Can I remind everybody that this is an RD club racing event and as such, is subject to ourRacing Club Rules. Please pay extra special attention to The Golden Rule, Track limits Rule and Blue flag rule.
Anybody who is adjudged to have broken these rules - especially The Golden Rule - will be subject to a ban from racing at RD. This is not a public server - rule breakers & wreckers will not be tollerated.

Thank you.

Oh, I'm so going to enjoy this one!!:):):)

And I see that you have changed qually to 20 min and the race to 40 min. Nice!!!:):thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Denis Betty Yesterday I got a penalty for going off track in the corkscrew. Which penalties are configured for our races? Is there a list of them?
No mate, it's hard to know what penalties are on tbh. I never heard of the penalty that you got. AFAIK the gas cut penalty no longer applies. I haven't heard of anybody else getting one. But you got a stop and go or something? Maybe track dependant? Try turning off penalties in CM, maybe that has some bearing... it shouldn't but maybe it's a bug. I dunno, that's all I can think. @Neilski , @Chris Down @Medilloni any ideas?

No mate, it's hard to know what penalties are on tbh. I never heard of the penalty that you got. AFAIK the gas cut penalty no longer applies. I haven't heard of anybody else getting one. But you got a stop and go or something? Maybe track dependant? Try turning off penalties in CM, maybe that has some bearing... it shouldn't but maybe it's a bug. I dunno, that's all I can think. @Neilski , @Chris Down @Medilloni any ideas?
I'm confused. If the penalty that @HF2000 got wasn't a gas cut penalty then I don't know what else is left. Was it during the race?
Maybe we need to ask Tomas to let us download the generated cfg file for the server so we can debug it.

I'm confused. If the penalty that @HF2000 got wasn't a gas cut penalty then I don't know what else is left. Was it during the race?
Maybe we need to ask Tomas to let us download the generated cfg file for the server so we can debug it.
Yes it was during the race. And @Giovanni Chiarotto also got a gas penalty in that race at the same spot (Corkscrew).
BTW he uses CM, I don't.

AC only has the gas cut penalty, no other penalties are in the game.
Apart from the lap being invalidated, ofc.

So it's either on or off but no variances.

Also ac is very lenient with track limits for the the gas cut penalty so you really have to go off a lot.
Although sadly you need to be very slow then to not receive the penalty. Once you went off track far enough, it will trigger even if you're already losing a lot of time.

Corkscrew is such a corner where you can easily go outside of the kerbs with 3 or even 4 tyres and you can't brake enough if you do it.

I'd say if there's a spot where you can get a penalty the easiest, it's that one.

So apparently sgp has penalties enabled. Which is good in general, just not for ac...

Neil, Denis or whatever staff reads this:
Feel free to move this post as I guess having it publicly, that penalties need to be completely disabled in ac for club races, might lead to people abusing it...

In AC you really have to encourage people to call other drivers out to keep it clean and within rules. The game just doesn't do anything on its own...

AC only has the gas cut penalty, no other penalties are in the game.
Apart from the lap being invalidated, ofc.
Thanks for confirming! I think that in club races, we rely on people (a) doing the right thing cos they want to and (b) doing the right thing cos they know that if a replay shows consistent abuse, they are for the chop ;)

Will contact the SGP folk to see if we can get to the bottom of this :thumbsup:

@Denis Betty just a quick question regarding the simracing gp beta. If I signed up on there, and I joined the discord, can I just join the server as usual from assetto corsa by searching for racedepartment?
And we are using the discord for voice chat instead of the teamspeak?

Hi buddy.

Search simracing.gp and be sure to have Booking filter enabled (not crossed out). Server appears at exact start time.

Discord for voice chat yes. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry Ieft. In lap 4 I hit a kerb on Pflanzgarten and went off. Someone couldn't avoid me and my car flipped over upside down so I got transported to the pits. Being second at that time I was so angry on myself it was better not to rejoin. Up until that moment I loved every minute of this event. Sorry for the guy that hit me. I hope it didn't ruin his race.

Last edited:
Driving perfect laps with this combo is not possible... I had would have had another 3-4 seconds in me but kept making mistakes both in quali and the race. Had like 4 crashes during the race, which would probably have killed either the car or myself, but thank god for no damage :D

Stradale.jpg
Enjoyable race. Well done all. Gratz to Bart & Denis ahead.

Sorry Han for being the guy you mention. I saw the Yellow, and as I arrived, your car appeared to be on the right (and a lot of tyre smoke). I went left, but the gap narrowed at the last second. At the time I had Denis right behind, so hard braking may have been more dangerous.

I hit a kerb on Pflanzgarten and went off....Up until that moment I loved every minute of this event. Sorry for the guy that hit me. I hope it didn't ruin his race.

I'm sorry I didn't manage to avoid. I'm managed all the others in the race, but ran out of luck. Sorry you ended on your roof.

Anyway, it cost me a position (and about 11 secs), but luckily nothing more. I put in a best lap trying to close on Denis on the final lap, but sadly, the clock ran out on me :)

It was a shame, as we'd run very close all race. I felt really slow on the straights though. Is that a tyre pressure thing? The gear ratios were fixed, so I'm not sure where my speed on the long hill, and Dóttinger Hóhe was.

First time I'd driven this car, and it's a lot of fun.

Well done all who managed a sub 8 minute lap. Great going.

Thanks for organising. See you again soon.

Last edited:
Enjoyable race. Well done all. Gratz to Bart & Denis ahead.

Sorry Han for being the guy you mention. I saw the Yellow, and as I arrived, your car appeared to be on the right (and a lot of tyre smoke). I went left, but the gap narrowed at the last second. At the time I had Denis right behind, so hard braking may have been more dangerous.

I'm sorry I didn't manage to avoid. I'm managed all the others in the race, but ran out of luck. Sorry you ended on your roof.

Anyway, it cost me a position (and about 11 secs), but luckily nothing more. I put in a best lap trying to close on Denis on the final lap, but sadly, the clock ran out on me :)

It was a shame, as we'd run very close all race. I felt really slow on the straights though. Is that a tyre pressure thing? The gear ratios were fixed, so I'm not sure where my speed on the long hill, and Dóttinger Hóhe was.

First time I'd driven this car, and it's a lot of fun.

Well done all who managed a sub 8 minute lap. Great going.

Thanks for organising. See you again soon.
Did you use 5th gear on the long hill? Staying in 4th is faster there (for me). And I put rpm limiter on 109% as the damage done by that is minimal.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back