AC *S.GP only* Alfa Stradale @ Nords - Mon 20 Jul 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enjoyed that tonight. Been trying to learn the track here and there the last few weeks so it was good to do a race on it so soon. Still a few sections i need to get sorted. There is a downhill to a hairpin about 4 minutes in that caught me out for the qualy and the first 3 laps. Laps were cleanish otherwise.. Have it on the radar now i think (edit:Bergwerk!!!)

Thanks @Dennis Betty for organising :)

Last edited:
Thanks for racing guys. I was running a fair pace, although nowhere near what Bart was able to do. I made far too many mistakes though and got punished in the end when Han and Ross caught and passed me.

I hold my hands up, I got super lucky when Han made his mistake. I was just far enough back to see the accident between Han and Ross brewing. Everything went into slow motion - I could never have stopped in time, so I took to the grass to avoid them. Somehow I got through and was able t continue. Then I saw that Ross was gaining fast, which made me super nervous and I made more mistakes. I was just able to hang on by my finger nails for a 2nd place that I didn't really deserve.... but I'll take it.

Next week, 3 short 15 minute races in the Abarth. It's a new format I'm trying, so please take care to read the instructions on the event thread (coming soon). We will be booted after each race and will need to join again if we wanna join the next race. Come and join us if you can, it'll be fun and should be close all the way down the order because the cars are easy to drive and there are boards all the way around the edge of the track. I think it's gonna be heaps of fun. :)

That was a fun race. Thanks for organizing and props to the top runners.

My race started poorly as was not used to heavy fuel load required to run 40 minutes. The last two laps I enjoyed closing the gap to Brian.

Kept me tuned in! Yourself and the guy ahead were very steady. I was closing on him too but every time i got close i'd spin or hit a wall!

Just a question, did any of you guys change the setup a lot? I gave both front and rear toe values 4 clicks, but that was all I did in the short practise time I had

I started with 65 liters of fuel and indeed the car felt way different

Just a question, did any of you guys change the setup a lot? I gave both front and rear toe values 4 clicks, but that was all I did in the short practise time I had

I didn't changed the toe but I applied a lot more camber front and rear. But seeing your (incredible) lap times, it seems that your adjustments were a lot better. I started with 46 liters, btw.

Full neg camber at the back, -1 in front. Made it nice and slow/stable which is what i wanted!

Thanks for racing guys. I was running a fair pace, although nowhere near what Bart was able to do. I made far too many mistakes though and got punished in the end when Han and Ross caught and passed me.

I hold my hands up, I got super lucky when Han made his mistake. I was just far enough back to see the accident between Han and Ross brewing. Everything went into slow motion - I could never have stopped in time, so I took to the grass to avoid them. Somehow I got through and was able t continue. Then I saw that Ross was gaining fast, which made me super nervous and I made more mistakes. I was just able to hang on by my finger nails for a 2nd place that I didn't really deserve.... but I'll take it.

Next week, 3 short 15 minute races in the Abarth. It's a new format I'm trying, so please take care to read the instructions on the event thread (coming soon). We will be booted after each race and will need to join again if we wanna join the next race. Come and join us if you can, it'll be fun and should be close all the way down the order because the cars are easy to drive and there are boards all the way around the edge of the track. I think it's gonna be heaps of fun. :)
@Denis Betty Great choice for the slowest Kunos car! I tried it once and as I remember it is a very hard car to drive (even more RWD behaviour than the classic 911) so it should be a lot of fun on the bricks especially with a full grid.

I didn't changed the toe but I applied a lot more camber front and rear. But seeing your (incredible) lap times, it seems that your adjustments were a lot better. I started with 46 liters, btw.
Do you use Camber Extravaganza? Camber in AC is a bit... "weird" so that app simply takes the equations for "perfect camber" and when you do a few clicks, it shows a nice graph with the last second so you can do a few "analytic" laps and decide where you want to have "perfect" camber.

I mostly go a bit beyond the perfect value since riding a kerb instantly sets the camber to go positive (red spikes in the graph) and you might lose the rear then.

Camber basically has NO influence on braking, roll resistance or tyre temperatures (or at least the temperature difference doesn't make any meaningful difference).

So it's basically just camber extravaganza + sidekick for camber and tyre pressures. Get both as close to "perfect" and you'll have maximum grip by simply "solving the grip equations".

If you already do all that.. Ignore my post and sorry for implicating you didn't know :speechless::p

Do you use Camber Extravaganza? Camber in AC is a bit... "weird" so that app simply takes the equations for "perfect camber" and when you do a few clicks, it shows a nice graph with the last second so you can do a few "analytic" laps and decide where you want to have "perfect" camber.

I mostly go a bit beyond the perfect value since riding a kerb instantly sets the camber to go positive (red spikes in the graph) and you might lose the rear then.

Camber basically has NO influence on braking, roll resistance or tyre temperatures (or at least the temperature difference doesn't make any meaningful difference).

So it's basically just camber extravaganza + sidekick for camber and tyre pressures. Get both as close to "perfect" and you'll have maximum grip by simply "solving the grip equations".

If you already do all that.. Ignore my post and sorry for implicating you didn't know :speechless::p
Thank you very much Rasmus. I will do that. Is there also a kind of relation/dependancy with TOE. For instance when you increase camber (more negative) then you should increase or decrease TOE?

Thank you very much Rasmus. I will do that. Is there also a kind of relation/dependancy with TOE. For instance when you increase camber (more negative) then you should increase or decrease TOE?
Yes, although toe really just changes top speed and cornering behavior, not really "grip" afaik.
Find a good value and when you change camber, you'll see toe changing in the setup screen (the flickering real time value).
Just counter the change.

Same for camber getting changed when you're editing ride height or springs.

Yes, although toe really just changes top speed and cornering behavior, not really "grip" afaik.
Find a good value and when you change camber, you'll see toe changing in the setup screen (the flickering real time value).
Just counter the change.

Same for camber getting changed when you're editing ride height or springs.
Again thanks, Rasmus. Really appreciate this. One more question. Does Camber Extravaganza work for every car/tyre combination including the mod cars?

Again thanks, Rasmus. Really appreciate this. One more question. Does Camber Extravaganza work for every car/tyre combination including the mod cars?
It works for every car where there is a config file.
Most mods have one, some very rarely don't.
I once requested an update and you can somehow do it manually...
But overall it should just work! If not, tag me :)

@RasmusP touching a kerb on the schleife with that car is just absolute death. I tried several things with the setup to make the car drivable on the kerbs, but in the end I had to concede the point and just drive the track without touching the kerbs :p
I found that lightly brushing against the red kerbs was generally fatal or nearly so, but riding them a bit more purposefully was actually safer. The bricked kerbing (not sure what else to call it) was safer, but even then, gently brushing against the first ridge of kerb was not a safe idea.

Did everyone jack the engine limiter up to +11? (OK, +9 ;):p) It didn't seem to cause damage quickly enough to be an issue, but I never got more than 3 laps in during practice so I can't be certain.

Am gutted that I didn't manage to join this one. The car was such a (crazy) joy to drive that it was actually the very first time I've been willing to try and run a full race on the Nords. The irony!

Change of plan - we are back to using mods on the RD club servers on Mondays. Normal service will be resumed. We will kick off next Monday with the recently updated Alfa GTAm at Goodwood. Thank you all for your support with the S.GP beta programme. I hope to see you all at Monday RD Club Racing very soon.

Cheers. :) :thumbsup:

Change of plan - we are back to using mods on the RD club servers on Mondays. Normal service will be resumed. We will kick off next Monday with the recently updated Alfa GTAm at Goodwood. Thank you all for your support with the S.GP beta programme. I hope to see you all at Monday RD Club Racing very soon.

Cheers. :) :thumbsup:
I'm just curious. That must be why I don't see the RaceDepartment community anymore on SIMRACING.GP. Do you know the reason why RD stopped with S.GP?

I'm just curious. That must be why I don't see the RaceDepartment community anymore on SIMRACING.GP. Do you know the reason why RD stopped with S.GP?

Ah that makes sense now. Was looking for an acc race for tomorrow night but there was only US servers. Is this permanent?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%