Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

I have extremely low hopes for this game. Granted, they had some nice stuff in the 2-wheeled games, but none of the WRC games was anything to cheer for.
They will also include RX because that is getting popular, and (the most famous RX tracks around the world), then showing of a tarmac-track. Nah.

I don't know, but for some reason I'm hopeful for this game, despite not enjoying WRC 4. If they get the FFB right (which they haven't yet) it could be sweet. That said, the Sweden screenshots look amazing, but the Wales' has massive grass run-off, which implies the game may be a bit too forgiving. All their interviews seem to stress the simulation aspect though, so I dunno, it could be good.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering though.

What makes me wonder is it's a handful of months til release, but no ingame footage. Heck, pretty much all we've seen and heard about is how accurate and detailed (right down to every last pebble, snow flake, blade of grass) the tracks are. If they had "the goods" I'd think they'd make sure everyone knew about it and make sure they don't forget up until release.

The other thing is how much of those 250km's and how many of those 60+ cars will actually be in the game and not DLC? I don't mind DLC for the most part if it's additional content. But I can't stand it when developers say, "oh yeah, we have tons of this and that in the game", and it turns out that at least half of "this and that" is only available as DLC.

My experience with this group is that they have a very impressive marketing ability. Unfortunately, the product never matches the "impressive" hype.
However, we shouldn't pre-judge, but let's wait and see the finished product. :rolleyes:

I really hope it's good. Sim-rallying needs a decent modern platform.

Just watched the videos on the steam page, The second video really made me chuckle. "...as they say, beauty is in the details and every detail of this game is masterfully crafted, like the logo for example. [tell me about the logo]" :D

A lyric by Shania Twain comes to mind after seeing the screenshots.
"So you got the looks, but have you got the touch" :p

I really want a game with modern physics, graphics and FFB but with stages like the game
Mobil 1 Rally Championship had. Even if some of them were DLC it would be worth it.
Now that would be a rally game.

I know some may be turned off by the Rallycross, but, Rally racing is all about mixed surfaces, Tarmac, Snow, Dirt, Rain, Puddles, Desert,Tarmac with a mix of Dirt and Puddles.
Rallycross is indeed famous, but so is Hoonigan. Rallycross is pretty much a Motocross course but with cars involved and as said before, mixed driving surfaces.

I know some may be turned off by the Rallycross, but, Rally racing is all about mixed surfaces, Tarmac, Snow, Dirt, Rain, Puddles, Desert,Tarmac with a mix of Dirt and Puddles.
Rallycross is indeed famous, but so is Hoonigan. Rallycross is pretty much a Motocross course but with cars involved and as said before, mixed driving surfaces.

RX might be a "Motocross course" over in the US, but RX is nothing like that in Europe... But it might become it...
But there are way too many differences between RX and Rally for Milestone to make it feel real when they do it combined...

11053647_588568817952128_5533011976192777131_n.jpg

Milestone has published some new sneak peeks for their upcoming rally title, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

Click here to watch the teaser video!

The brief teaser video showcases the Citroën DS3 in its Record Livery, which appeared for the first time in the 2013 Rally d'Alsace as a celebration of Loeb's driving achievements. As you probably know, the frenchman has in fact won the World Rally Championship nine times.

Interestingly, the car will be unlockable by playing through the "Sébastien Loeb Experience", which Milestone asserts it will be "a challenging game mode created by a professional rally driver for rally fans". We don't know yet what that mode will consist of, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

10414383_587945978014412_1547981805489755529_n.jpg

In the attached pictures you can also take a look at the lighting tests for the Mexico and Italy (Sanremo) stages, which the developer has shared on the game's official Facebook page.

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo is due out Fall 2015 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. This will be the Italian dev team's first next-gen only outing.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, it is PRE-ALPHA footage...

On the other hand. Months away from launch and the ONLY ingame footage you release/allow to be shown so far is pre-alpha content?! I'm sorry, but between this and their "dev diaries" or whatever, it's clear that even if they had the most realistic and accurate physics engine to date. They still wouldn't have the sense to know what to do with it.

SebastienLoebRallyEvo_ScreenShot_Austrialia_1.jpg

Milestone has published the first gameplay trailer for their rally simulation game Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo.

http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/slrallyevo-first-gameplay.9860/
The first gameplay video for the upcoming rally title shows segments from all kinds of tracks.
You can spot traditional point-to-point rally stages on tarmac and rougher surfaces, as well as some rallycross.

Click here to watch the trailer on RaceTube

According to the press release, SLRE will indeed feature a rally-cross circuit based in Los Angeles. There are no further details on the car and track roster yet, so we'll keep you posted.

Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo will have a career mode along with singleplayer and multiplayer modes, and will be out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in the fall.

What do you think of this first glimpse of gameplay? Let us know in the comments!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.