RX Content vs Orignal RBR Format (Wally)

ComeOverGaming

Developing For Your Entertainment.
Good night there,

I have that question around my mind, only for curiosity:

Which are the best aspects of the RX Content? And talking about Wally's Wallaby and his original RBR based format, which are the best aspects?

Best Regards

Last edited:
yes, damages report can be activate in the public sessions :fwd2:

But, We just request the patience of all drivers, because we need to create Tracks packages (for anti cheat with BTB tracks physics...)
We search tracks with good performance (45fps mini), to interest all the drivers.
If all goes well, I wish Rallyesim manage 100% BTB rallies in championship.
The only fact with the Rx plugins is weather for me... no fog, no snow, no rain ! :rain2:
:woot2: And also we really need a tool to import terrain !

Let's Go to the future of RBR !!! :bananalama:

There's one thing that I asked to myself many times...there's a chance that rx plugin will support missing features (for examples weather or cameras during replays) sooner or later?

Wally will not have "unprofessional Tracks". His standard is high, so you must give him some examples, what you able to do. The tool and the links are not puplic for everyone, this rule should be respect. Send him some about your project (it must not areal track, but at the end it should look so) and some pictures of your knowledge (maybe some objects) and he will give all what you need.

Lamda

vhere i can found wallys e-mail address??

I have something to show him!

The answer can take a awhile.

you can ask me for questions about convert BTB track to original file form. For this question Wally will not answer.
With my skill today, i would start RBR project only on 3dsmax. BTB support goes more to closed circut (rfactor) as to standard rbr file form. Other think today, i have problems with my license. i use external harddiscs and memory cards/sticks (i think that is the problem). So my licinse expire some days after i make my system new. But for that, i don´t get realy solve or more as standard E-mail from Brendon.
So i do since December all with 3dsmax. today i think with 3dsmax skill and some little scripts working with 3dsmax is same fast as BTB but you have some more possibillities. Other point you can save the complicated conversion steps (export all and remapping groundmesh on 3dsmax) and complicated way to create objects (X-pack).

In my opinion, if you wan´t standard rbr file form, use only 3dsmax, if you want only btb or both, start with BTB.

Look at http://www.b2-net.com for great tutorials

Lamda

I think it is a bit more complicated than that.
yes it is. there are some thinks which hasn´t both realy solved. BTB wasn´t able to make good shadowmapping and different colision and export working only with RX-plugin. Converting to original file form can´t handle multimaterials (blending texture). There is do a lot more to do than push a "convert button".
You must decide on before you begin a track what you want at the end. only BTB track, only original or both need allways to go an other way for the best and fastest result.

Lamda

he do that reversing rbr i have do most things in my mod reversing rbr.
why don't make a collaborations with wally ?
what do u think ?

I think we already have all the tools to make professional looking tracks. BTB is a great aid in that, especially during initial shaping of the track, because you can drive straightaway through the plugin. For the rest Wallaby is perfect in doing the job of assembling everything and there are all the 3D programs you want around, with several and excellent modelling tools available. Wally will never develop a 3D editing tool, because he does not need that, and BTB will (very likely) never export to original format.

yes it is. there are some thinks which hasn´t both realy solved. BTB wasn´t able to make good shadowmapping and different colision and export working only with RX-plugin. Converting to original file form can´t handle multimaterials (blending texture). There is do a lot more to do than push a "convert button".
You must decide on before you begin a track what you want at the end. only BTB track, only original or both need allways to go an other way for the best and fastest result.

Lamda
I prefer to deliver my tracks in original RBR format. The disadvantage of not being able to apply blending materials is not a problem in my opinion. Texture transitions can also be achieved in Photoshop with the advantage that the right physics transitions can be applied in Wallaby's material editor.
Anyway...I use every usefull tool available, BTB, 3dsmax and eventually Wallaby to convert the whole lot to original RBR format.

I think we already have all the tools to make professional looking tracks. BTB is a great aid in that, especially during initial shaping of the track, because you can drive straightaway through the plugin. For the rest Wallaby is perfect in doing the job of assembling everything and there are all the 3D programs you want around, with several and excellent modelling tools available. Wally will never develop a 3D editing tool, because he does not need that, and BTB will (very likely) never export to original format.

I want to relase my future stages on the original RBR format, but i didn´t know anything about the conversion.... please answer me a quick question.

it is posible to convert initial model from BTB with 3D objects and their textures or you need to do that step on wallaby to set them the collidable settings?

from what i know a good solution can be:
BTB -> out to rfactor format
rfactor format -> 3DSimed -> 3DSMAX
3DSMAX -> Wallaby -> RBR Format
thats is a working way. but how i say.....its not so easy. you must plan minimum 1/3 of all building time for work 3dsmax -> Wallaby -> original RBR file form.
after BTB you must:
-retexturing/correct materials *
-create *.ini for textur (there some traps)*
-hard object collision
-moveable objects (can only place at wallaby by hand)
-surface physics/ground collision *
-cam
-create tracksettings.ini (sky/weather and so on)
-driveline correction (since btb v8)
-clipping planes *
-people collision
-fences (stripes)
-animations

for tests/only look are only * required. I make groundmesh with collision and surface physics and import all object as general objects. But at the end, all moveable parts must delete and place at wallaby. The handling of wallaby is a little bit difficult, its take some time to get control of it.

Lamda

• jharro

i think is good to find a solution to making track for rbr in the easiest way possible
and give him more and more life
because another good rally game (with 100% simulation) is very too far to see the light.

It's quite hard to define "easy" in this context.
The truth is RBR's original track structure and format is a clusterf***... and even though the most important parts are more or less sorted out there are enough obscure bits left to compromise the whole thing which as result turns the process of creating an editor into a guessing game, a very frustrating experience.

We need to build a true version of Kangaroo from scratch.

The question is are you ready to invest the next one or two years of your life into something which will give you no material reward and little, if any, satisfaction and with the high risk you may never hit the target?

And no, we don't need to buid a new Kangaroo, we need the game's source code because knowing the file formats and haking the exe are simply not enough anymore, there are alot of things which need changed, fixed and even added.

(note: contrary to the "popular" belief, 3ds max was the main content creation tool for RBR, Kangaroo being used only later for things which max could not handle in an efficient way or at all.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back