RX Content vs Orignal RBR Format (Wally)

ComeOverGaming

Developing For Your Entertainment.
Good night there,

I have that question around my mind, only for curiosity:

Which are the best aspects of the RX Content? And talking about Wally's Wallaby and his original RBR based format, which are the best aspects?

Best Regards

Last edited:
i know how they work on .lbs files... (i have reversed just for fun and learning with ollydbg)
bypass the protection of their plugin is easy.

Hope in future all tracks can be free for all and not exclusive...

i agree, tracks should be fre to PLAY for all. But cryption was consequence of the rope of pribram. I ask sourek and he never give any permission to change route or make gravel. For germangarage first track, we will give permission free to play, but if someone steal or change my work (without my permission) i will do all to save my work for futur tracks (first i belive goodness of people).

But it is only rules from creators. Sourek told me, that he hasnt a problem with implement there tracks on other plugins, but its not possible without cz plugin (encrypting/decrypting only wallay do). he want only respect and save his work.
i don´t want see, that other brake the rules from creator, thats demotivated me too. if all rules respect, more tracks will free for all plugins.

Lamda

For me BTB was the the thing that made it possible to build own tracks and got me interested in 3d modelling. So all the glory to BTB, Brendon and Black F ( JHarro).And thank you! But still and now I need to write:
I have started to learn creating track stuff with max as I think it is better way to create more variable road shapes and crossroads than BTB. I think BTB is great but its true that it works better with circuit types than complex rally stage shapes. I have already done all the objects I use in max , but for now on I like to do the tracks also. BTB is a good starter anyway as it is quite nice to create the elevations and basic shape.. And its fairly easy to convert to 3dsmax. I use 3dsim_ed for that and then remap in 3dsmax. The point is that propaply I still have to publish my tracks in rxplugin format if I don´t get wallaby ( have send post to Wally with no answer at least yet )... I have to do it rather stupid way and to import the whole track mesh back to btb and then export to rbr...Like that I can get the roadshape I want but still I miss all the eyecandy..
My point is: Its nice to say rbr original format rocks.. But for us who does´t have The Wallaby its more or less the same doest it rock or not. We can´t do tracks to original format. I´v been hoping that rx plugin could cover the whole variety of elements rbr support. But we haven´t heard that there is going to be any more development for the plugin.. ( black F would be the one to know ) and also now we are in situation that we don´t know can we expect the next better version 0.9 of BTB. So now my hopes rest more on just getting wallaby someday...

But we haven´t heard that there is going to be any more development for the plugin.. ( black F would be the one to know ) and also now we are in situation that we don´t know can we expect the next better version 0.9 of BTB. So now my hopes rest more on just getting wallaby someday...
I think zuikki1, and probably many others, deserve to get an answer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but please do reply.

... If not, RBR-Online is still available to host an international forum (or maybe Andrea Solorally), but we have not enough space to host projects and/or guides. Contact me after Easter and I will be happy to help your joining or starting a brand-new cooperation!

if you want, i host a international forum in my website....
i have enough space (no limited..) for project and guide.
But I want know the realy interesting because there is more work to do for forum and uploader.

• jharro

I think zuikki1, and probably many others, deserve to get an answer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but please do reply.

The rx thing started as an experiment, the single purpose was to add newer shader version support to RBR (ie. the "night mod") but later things got complicated because the original mesh format is not adequate so one thing got to another and instead of just replacing shaders it ended up rendering the whole track. The goal wasn't, at any moment, to replace or support every single feature from RBR, surely it would be awesome it that would happen, but as things are now the original goal was acheived.

For those complaining about "missing features": i'm quite tired of reading it and frankly i kinda wish i've never made the plugin, because it seems the things would be much easier for everybody, but since is here please remember rx was always free and it was never advertised as something more than it is; there is nobody more aware than me about what the plugin can and can't do and ofcourse i wish all the features to be supported. If for any reason you're not happy with how the things are now well, you know the cliché, don't like don't use it.

As about future of the plugin i have no clue whatsoever, all i can say is curently i don't even have the game installed and it's been more than 3 years since i've opened RBR just to have fun so take this as an answer.

I can't say anything about BTB as i'm not involved but frankly i would not be surprised for a second if RBR support would be dropped all together because the whole thing, despite being fun and interesting for a while, it turned into a world of pain for Piddy as well - and i do feel guilty and ashamed as i realise is very possible he could have been in a better situation now if the whole rx thing never existed.

All in all, the plugin is free, there are demos available for both rx tracks and BTB and there are atleast 3 forums dedicated so anybody can easily learn whatever there is to know about the whole thing first hand so there is no misrepresenting that i'm aware of... i recall threads like this being started here before and at RSC and even at BHM, always the same people, same questions and same answers so forgive me saying it's getting old and i really don't see the point.

Have a good day, i certainly don't have one.

Thank you for the answer. You most certainly don't have to feel guilty and ashamed to let us to make tracks and export them easily to RBR. This brought most of us to trackmaking world, i'm sure without it this never would happen. :)

Have a good day, i certainly don't have one....
Sorry if I ruined your day!! That was not my intention.
A big thanks for your clarification. Now we know what's going on.
Of course the whole RBR community is thankfull for what you started way back in 2007.
Without your RX plugin I propably never started building tracks for RBR.
Thanks again.
And maybe some day you will find the motivation to work on the RX plugin again.
If not, so be it.

About BTB... I think this 3d sofware is of great use to us. It can convert the mesh to rFactor and it's easy to convert from rFactor back to Max. Wasting precious time remapping is not necessary.
Anyway.. it would be nice if the development of this tool would continue.

You didn't, i've already had a bad one and having somebody reminding me why and how much the plugin sucks doesn't really help. Please don't take it personally.
I don't think the plugin sucks.
In my opinion it's actually a very good initiative.
We all agree that RBR has the best physics engine ever made for a rallysim. No other rallygame or sim can match this.
The graphics engine however begins to be very dated.
The concept of the plugin you made could become very important for the sustainability of RBR. Leaving the physics untouched and upgrading the graphics is a great idea. I wish I had the coding knowledge you have. But...I'm just a trackbuilder who loves rallying.

You didn't, i've already had a bad one and having somebody reminding me why and how much the plugin sucks doesn't really help. Please don't take it personally.

Oh no. I hope I didn´t make you feel bad and definitely didn´t mean that the plugin sucks. I am sorry and hope you accept my apologies. I respect your work really much and also I wouldn´t have got into the world of track building or 3d modelling without RBR and you guys Jharro and Brendon.I feel I own you a lot. Its just that some days I got very excited thinking what all RRB could be and that would include jharros hdr plugin, night plugin and the rxplugin with all the features. So Jharro is one of the most important persons who has kept RBR so alive and variable for me and propaply for many many others. One thing why I asked about the development of the plugin is that I saw with my own eys the shadows and objects moving in the older version of the plugin. So I thought the solution to get them working right was near but apparently I was wrong. I hope you can still feel good and you should be proud of your work you have done for the rbr playing world. Its given a lot of joy and happiness for many many people.

Can not wait ... :) ... open this page every day hoping to see "Loading ... done!"

Hey thanks for the moral support!
Im working a lot for site, its a hard work and there is good friends helping me with this project.
The main problem its the time, you know, real work its what support me, so.
In the future i think will be more easy, because i will open for all people wanted to upload their comments and information.
This site will not be my site, will be the site of every RBR fan.
This site its not builded for me, its for you!

I hope i can do a good work.

From Argentina.

Envolved

I'd like to contact the user "jharro", but maybe he's not a member any more or has changed his nick.

Anyway, I hope he's willing to share some information (or even source code fragments) on how his RX plugins manipulates one of the camera views in RBR. I have been talking with WorkerBee, the creator of some great RBR plugins, for support of some similar camera control support in one of his plugins.

So, dear Black F / jharro, if you're still here, please contact me, your knowledge could be of great help to make the RBR world an even better one.

Any help to contact this nice guy is appreciated!

Regards, Viktor

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing