RX Content vs Orignal RBR Format (Wally)

ComeOverGaming

Developing For Your Entertainment.
Good night there,

I have that question around my mind, only for curiosity:

Which are the best aspects of the RX Content? And talking about Wally's Wallaby and his original RBR based format, which are the best aspects?

Best Regards

Last edited:
  • jharro

i have reversed the intere sse exe of rbr if u want (and of course if u understand asm language)
i can send you alot of good info.

Loading the exe in a disassembler and clicking analise is trivial and quite useless at this point. The kind of info and access we need reaches beyond whatever one can find in a exe fille. All the hours i've spent reversing, debugging and coding detours for RX put together adds to weeks, maybe months, so please belive me when i say we need alot more than that if we were to really "update" RBR and/or create proper editing tools for it's content.

Anything short of the source code itself will only lead to what we have now, be it max or BTB based tools and since we al know the source will never be released i belive is safe to say the tools we have now are like %90 of what we'll ever have - there is always space for improvement given the time and motivation but not much imho.

• jharro

all my vcorp rbr mod come after the ida decompiling and debug. i know what u mean bro ;)
What i want to know is:
btb tracks format can be loaded only by your rx plugin or u can share some info to let me add
your code into my plugin ?

see your inbox.

Anything short of the source code itself will only lead to what we have now, be it max or BTB based tools and since we al know the source will never be released i belive is safe to say the tools we have now are like %90 of what we'll ever have - there is always space for improvement given the time and motivation but not much imho.
I must agree with this.
We have discussed this years ago and in those days we had no tools at all to export new tracks to RBR.
We all said that if those tools would be released we would be able to build loads of new tracks.
I was as happy as a kid when you released your first version of the RX-plugin and started building in max immediately.
Today, with the new tools developed by you, Wally and Brendon, we are able to build and export tracks for RBR which can match the original tracks or even better. Just take a look at the new Czech rally stages.
So what's the problem?
It is not the lack of tools. What we really need is 3d and photoshop artists who are able to build high quality tracks.

It is not the lack of tools. What we really need is 3d and photoshop artists who are able to build high quality tracks.

This is the real point.
I have the impression that people would like to have a "Trackmania like" editor... which is good for Trackmania.

By the way: French RSRBR supports RX tracks since September 2009, so there's nothing new under the sun.

Well mates,
I have learned how to use BTB and Wallaby. The problem is studying the best way.
Eno72, me, and the RBR-Online DevTrackTeam have succesfully converted a BTB track into original format (without 3dsimed :cool:), and with photoshopping the textures are better than the BTB one.
Eno has discovered HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM MOVEABLE COLLISIONS and the work is great!
So, BTB should be useful, IMHO, only for importing from GE, creating the terrain and the trees, then the rest is made with MAX.
I am working to a 18Kms track, and the original format work with it. Eno is working to a 15Km one. and it works too..
Original format, for now, is the best. It is more real, physics are great, there are the cameras, the movable objects and the animations...I am missing only the movable water animation but I know it is only time...

So, guys, keep on study....RBR original format rocks!!!!

The point is, only some people want invest many time to full understand building tools. I see much BTB build tracks but none with quality of soureks last project. But it is not the program BTB, my teammate show me that can build tracks with real realistic look on BTB. But for that all funktions of btb must understand and use. Other think is the own look, for me it is boring to see every month new track which use allways same X-pack. No own objects, no own or changed textures. There is no difference beetween BTB or 3dsmax+ Wallaby. Quality takes exponential more time, many of people lost motivation after 2 or 3 month.
The best is to make dokumentation of trackbuilding mainly problems and solve. If you look on http://www.b2-net.com you can see some great video tutorial. i can only make good quality track to interest other for trackbuilding and help them to make not same mistakes as me......

The tools themself are usefull, no new need. But all has some infirmity on handling. thats the point whereby working for.

Lamda

Of course, the problem is, as always, the lack of time.
But if someone like to start a track and finish in two months, I don't like to see it.
Some tracks are very good, but as Lamda said, most of it use the same objects, nothing new.
If BTB should have a button "click-done" everyone wants to use it.
The second problem is that a lot of people, who know how to do, don't want to share his skill, that's why after 2 or 3 months you can lost your motivation...

The point was when i started to make a track is how easy and how quickly i can make it. You all talk about how good is original format and i have to agree but what keeps me away is all that converting, learning 3ds max deeply and on top of that i need to use Wallaby what seems to be complicated again. Where all this time coming from to make "realistic look" track? One year for one track and all your free time? Doing a track alone is crazy thing to do and you have to make a stop line somewhere to call track finished. Sorry if someone thinks it's crap track. Common user don't care much if the track has "realistic look" or not, trackmakers themselves are so picky about small details.

trackmakers themselves are so picky about small details.

yes, they are. And you can't deny you are one of them: your Undva stage was already high quality in its alpha version and I'm wondering when a final release will be!

Just to complete the picture: making a track in btb or other 3D, will take exactly the same time for a skilled modder. The more time you devote to it, the better the track will look, that's it (also because objects and textures need in any case other software).
Using the original format allows many features not present in RX; even considering what Delu already pointed out just useless eyecandy, the casual driver will at least find most important the possibility to use all the road conditions (dry, damp, wet, new, normal, worn) and atmospheric conditions (control over fog, rain, snow, etc.).

One problem is real devoted trackbuilders community is too small. We cannot motivate each others and share. How can I join RBR-Online.it track development team ? I think a password protected forum is not a good solution to exponential development.

jay_p_666 is right that we are few "builders" of tracks ... secrecy also cloaks us, to continue so will cost time and effort developing stages for RBR and it is a shame.

also understand that you already have enough Do learn your way and do not always want to make tutorials or explain how they have taken the decisive steps, I'm not asking anyone to explain anything, but I was always surprised how hard it is to gain "wallaby" and the little information that some builders are its stages, the disputes between developers they do not find any benefit from their "product" and even less of their discussions.

I'm new to all BTB, photoshop, 3D ... 3D well not do anything ... Do learn but I'm doing it, consider the RX plug a masterpiece because thanks to the novice like me can make your own stages for RBR, but also serves to test a project while you're doing, just pressing a button.

even so, I would like to end the stages in original format so many reasons and I will do my best to learn what is necessary.

I see many people working to share stages, but we are working to share with the general public, do not collaborate much with us, I guess this is so because the vast majority are still learning to use basic tools of development.

i think today we have the tools, we only need more time and more collaboration between us

One problem is real devoted trackbuilders community is too small. We cannot motivate each others and share. How can I join RBR-Online.it track development team ? I think a password protected forum is not a good solution to exponential development.

yes... we have a private forum to talk about our project.

But we publish news in a pubblic forum and in http://www.solorally.it/?pag=RBR_DevTeam

Sorry but it is an italian website...

all the news and development on wallaby, as already pointed out by Lamda, are discussed here:
http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/tracks/forum/

this forum is official, the admi is Wally himself, there's a section in English and many international trackmakers are already using it to exchange ideas.
I don't understand this moaning: if local groups, as RBR-Online, have their own and closed forum, it is perfectly understandable for many reasons, first of all because there we can express ourselves in Italian. Secondly, because there we discuss all our projects from the very beginning and we like (as you) to keep them hidden until release.
But this "competition" is all about the projects, and it is a good thing. For the technical discussions on Wallaby there is already the aforementioned Czech forum.

Everyone should be welcome to the RBR-Online DevTrackTeam, but as Eno said, it is in Italian and we like to keep secret the projects until release, which will be available for everyone (I am talking about my projects, and Eno already said the same for his project).
@Jay_p_666: we have had already talk about this. You told me about Berglez Bostjan website was on the way to start for the trackmakers. If not, RBR-Online is still available to host an international forum (or maybe Andrea Solorally), but we have not enough space to host projects and/or guides. Contact me after Easter and I will be happy to help your joining or starting a brand-new cooperation!

eno keep this phrase in mind "which will be available for everyone" ;)
hope all new tracks can always be free (and of course free donation also for creators).
RBR-O DevTrackTeam will release the tracks for everyone, after a small period of "exclusive" for RBR-Online.it. The fact is that only Czech know how to crypt and decrypt a stage. I have asked Wally on august but still not have a valid reply.

i know how they work on .lbs files... (i have reversed just for fun and learning with ollydbg)
bypass the protection of their plugin is easy.

Hope in future all tracks can be free for all and not exclusive...

Me too after some mails to wally never get response and most of them
are very nice because i have offered to rbrcz community an integration
for car management from my manager...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline