Votes: 11 5.3%

Votes: 23 11.2%

Votes: 22 10.7%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • No Way !!!!

Votes: 69 33.5%

• Total voters
So this morning i was trying WRC and was stuck at 72fps and 60% load :(

At first i doubted my power supply or that my system was bottlenecked somehow. A quick google search showed that more RTX4090 users are having the same issue with the game.

In AMS2 VR i do get a full 95%-100% GPU usage.
Hmm, doesn't that simply mean that you are CPU-limited? (I'm not sure which CPU you have, but you can use tools like Process Explorer to check if individual threads of the game's process are pegged.)

Maybe the 5090 will do it for you :)

Still have no idea if Nvidia is going to release next at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025.
Time will tell. For now i happier with Q3 and the 4090 combo then i imagined i would be.

I can even play ACC in VR with a solid 72 fps :roflmao:
The 72hz mode never worked for me on the Index, but on the Q3 it's quite manageable.

Still a lot work to be done, it have ordered an angled adapter so hopefully i can't close my PC case.

Haven you overclocked your 4090? And if so did you use Afterburner ?

Hmm, doesn't that simply mean that you are CPU-limited? (I'm not sure which CPU you have, but you can use tools like Process Explorer to check if individual threads of the game's process are pegged.)
No i'm not CPU limited, i think. CPU is also max at 60%

I always have a dashboard running on my center console with CPU / GPU load ect ect.

So what's your CPU and what's your RAM speed?
EA WRC easily runs at 60 fps but anything higher and you need a really great single core performance.

Before the first big patch, all stuttering, although even limiting to 75 fps, came from my overclocked 7600X with overclocked ddr5 to 6200 and tighter timings.

Didn't try the new patch yet.

• Deleted member 197115

No i'm not CPU limited, i think. CPU is also max at 60%

I always have a dashboard running on my center console with CPU / GPU load ect ect.
Try to capture your run with CapFrameX and compare GPU and CPU frametime. The largest one is the bottleneck.
If you have grunt left in GPU, try to oversample with DLDSR. Should look much better than native res.

Regarding EA WRC not fully using the GPU, there seems to be a topic about it :

Right now i don't want to dive into it too deep, i rather enjoy the VR games in which the 4090 excels. Will do some bug hunting at later stage when the game has had it next patch.

@Neilski : I am monitoring the CPU usage of core 1, not all others

@Neilski : I am monitoring the CPU usage of core 1, not all others
Still sadly doesn't matter at all if you're not taking snapshots within a few clock cycles. (which is impossible)
The only way to see the real cpu load is by comparing the CPU & GPU frametimes (and an fps limiter/vsync of).
These frametime measurements are the only truth for CPU bottlenecks.

Windows shuffles the load around across all cores, the cores are caching while the others are doing stuff etc.
Some cores are preferred due to lower internal latencies and higher boost speeds, but in the end you can't read anything from cpu monitoring apart from when ALL cores are close to 100%.

Last edited:
To add to this:
This is Cinebench R15 running with 2 threads. So clearly hitting the CPU bottleneck, since it's a CPU benchmark.

Theoretical max overall CPU load is:
6 cores, 12 threads CPU => 100% / 12 = 8.333% per application thread.
2 application threads = 16.6667% max CPU load.
However the load is 31% with 7% idle load from TaskManager at refresh: High.
31%- 7% = 24% for Cinebench.
So Windows "gained about 7.33% extra load" from shuffling Cinebench around across almost all cores, as you can see in the screenshot:
1699821012629.png

This is idle:
1699821279210.png

RTX 40 Super announced. Next up Duper. :roflmao:
Yes, and this comes just as I've been about to finally pull the pin on a 4070.
New wrinkle: given that they have said they will discontinue the 4070, will I pay more or less for a 4070 if I wait a few weeks? Will I decide that 4070 Super is actually the way to go instead? :O_o: :roflmao:

I hear the 50 series is coming in 2025. It will probably drop a chunk when that is released!
LOL. I'm using a 970, and I think I have waited long enough, some might even say I've waited too long already :p

Right now, my "<=100 W" and "<= £100" rules are long dead, so I'm trying to choose the best value package that isn't stupidly expensive or power-hungry.
The 4070 Ti was never attractive to me (same RAM as the plain 4070, worse overall value in my eyes), but ironically the Ti Super just might be (albeit undervolted), because the extra RAM and memory bandwidth change its value proposition quite a bit... Will see what price it ends up going for in the UK though.

I'm noticing that media outlets disagree about what Nvidia said about retiring cards. Most of them are suggesting that the basic 4070 isn't to be retired but the very first story I read said that it would be. Annoyingly, Nvidia's website doesn't say a darn thing about which cards will be retired so I don't know who to believe; will assume for now that the 4070 will remain on sale... :unsure:

Ofc they don't publish anything official. You need to be confused so you buy now, if you don't want to miss the current price or buy the super, if you want the extra performance even if they are a bit more expensive :roflmao::poop:

Or it's just chaos and they have no clue what's going on like Fanatec right now...

Massive case of dimishing returns as far as the VR is concerned. I think I'm limited by the headset now. Tried AC with CSP and turned all the options up a few quality levels over what I was already using and turned the bitrate up in virtual desktop and it didn't look that much better. Same with AMS2. It certainly wasn't a night and day difference.

I'm sure it's probably a large quality increase in stuff like Cyberpunk but I feel a bit like I've wasted my money as the 3060ti and the PICO seemed quite a good match now I've got something more powerful to compare it to.

I'll try RF2 and ACC out tomorrow.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies