• 4080 Ti

Votes: 11 5.3%

Votes: 23 11.2%

Votes: 22 10.7%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • No Way !!!!

Votes: 69 33.5%

• Total voters
Was kindly asked to take this discussion out of the VR thread.

So who's going to get a 4080, 4080 Ti, 4090, 4090 Ti ??

:)
Nobody this year...if Nvidia have their way. :D:D:D
They're trying like heck to find a solution to artificially keep the RTX3000 series prices high.
The hope is to have a knock-on effect when they release RTX4000.
It won't work for smart people though.
Sure!...the desperate always run out and pay through the nose.
Most will look toward the used market if prices are too high at release.
Of course, that all hinges on if AMD adopts the same short-sighted strategy they undertook last time out.

Last edited:
I got a 3080 a month after launch. I suspect a 4080 is going to be more expensive and very hot and loud and wont make ACC all that much better. Really depends on practical performance improvement and the power consumption, if its really coming with those new connectors I probably wont, the 3080 is already a bit too loud in my experience. I can use the performance so more is better from a VR perspective I can always throw up to 200% SSAA or more to improve the image so I can use it but it sounds like this generation is going to be a problem in the other measures.

Last edited:
Still need a CPU to catch up on 3080Ti.
Anything new from Intel in the pipeline?

This is a bit more complex because a more powerful GPU will typically take some load off of the CPU and some improvements in VR can happen with GPU power alone like super sampling.

The 13th gen chip has had some benchmarks floating around that say it may be about 10%-25% faster than the 12th Gen. It's supposed to have boost speeds of up to 5.8GHz.

Last edited:
While the 4090 seems likely to be powerful enough for high resolution widefield VR, it is less clear (at least to me) whether (or which) lesser GPUs get much more than the usual generational performance bumps.

The first ATX 3.0 PS I've seen.
It's still not available yet, but at least there is some motion in this space.

1657643089874.png

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/8712...psus-ready-for-gpu-power-excursion/index.html

Last edited:
I'm very definitely on the fence until I see prices and power consumption, both of which threaten to be nonsensically high.
I do need a new GPU but I don't need a space heater in my bedroom.

If the 4 series cards weren't on the horizon I'd probably be buying a 3060 Ti (when the prices reach sane levels) and undervolting it... That might still happen of course.

A lot of reviewers are saying if u are considering buying a 30 series to buy now. Prices are pretty much rrp, I wish we had more info on the 40s, it’s a disgrace how nvidia plays us every year. If it wasn’t for vr and I could settle on g9 only, I wouldn’t even be considering an upgrade, other than acc my 2070 super is grand, even in acc I can manage 60fps at max settings on the g9 which is ok (ish). I prefer rf2 now but for vr I need a better gpu unfortunately, on g9 I’m in the 120s at high settings

Last edited:
A lot of reviewers are saying if u are considering buying a 30 series to buy now. Prices are pretty much rrp, I wish we had more info on the 40s, it’s a disgrace how nvidia plays us every year. If it wasn’t for vr and I could settle on g9 only, I wouldn’t even be considering an upgrade, other than acc my 2070 super is grand, even in acc I can manage 60fps at max settings on the g9 which is ok (ish). I prefer rf2 now but for vr I need a better gpu unfortunately, on g9 I’m in the 120s at high settings
Yeah, I may miss the boat, but the only cards I'm seeing at RRP-ish levels are the insanely expensive ones. The "sane" cards like the 3060 Ti are not so cheap but the prices have kinda flatlined so maybe this is indeed as good as it's gonna get, in which case I'll live with what I've got until it dies. (3060 Ti RRP in the UK seems to be £369, but good luck finding one for less than £480.)

And yeah, Nvidia have been tools about the whole thing in so many ways.
I really can't get over how far they are jacking up the GPU power consumption though... that's just beyond a joke now. Performance per watt has not improved all that much in the last couple of generations for GPUs (unlike for CPUs), though it does depend on what you're doing with them.

Yeah agreed. Don’t wanna big heater or high electric bills just to game. The 4070 will be basically a 3080 type level card so does the 3080 now make sense as it will not have those problems. But then Id want the 12g version and it’s over 1k. My whole pc was 1200 (2 years ago) albeit with a few good sales. Things got crazy way too fast, I’m quite tempted to make do. I can just make it 3pm ai races in vr and monitor for online atm and that’s ok but if ac2 is worth buying we’re all doomed cos that’s gonna need a 40 series no doubt as kunos and optimisation have a bad relationship lol

Edit to add tho to supersample the g2 u will need a 40 card

Last edited:
I'm with Neilski on this one.

From the YouTube vids I see, prices are at, or close to, msrp. But I think that's in North America. Prices in the UK seem to have stalled at a bit over msrp - maybe 20 - 25 %???? something like that. That goes for 3080 ti (ok this card had an inflated msrp on release but you get the picture) and down as far as I can see and AMD cards with similar performance aren't as low over here as in the states I don't think.

Even used cards on Ebay are often selling for around or above msrp.

Also, I think you have to consider that when 20 and 30 series cards were launched, many people (and some of the tech YouTube channels) felt that the msrps were very high.

So now Nvidea want to lower their orders for components in order to throttle supply, thereby increasing demand and prices paid.

Standard. :rolleyes:

Who wants a PS5?
But yeh, standard behaviour for a company that has shareholders to keep happy. Therefore perfectly understandable. :sick:

I bought a 3080 two month ago because i was tired of waiting.
This thing drives my triple FHD´s with performance to spare, momentarily I cut the FPS at 120 with about 90% GPU usage on AC.

So firstly I don´t need more performance,
but secondly and more importantly I live in Germany where energy is going to be in short supply and very expensive.

Nvidia may try to push their power hogs into the market, but they definitely won´t win me over.
Same for Intel, the performance advantage over my 5600X is definitely not worth the power bill under these circumstances.

MFG Carsten

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Forum trophies