• No Way !!!!

Votes: 69 33.5%

• Total voters
Supersampling: DLSS vs FSR vs XeSS
Articles: Beebom - PC Gamer - digitaltrends
Decent (IMO) artifact and performance comparisons:

Includes some discussion of sharpening techniques:
My comment for VR users:

The best is imo still MSAA/MFAA and if done with (down/up)scaling: simply resolution scaling with OpenXR toolkit, so native on the render resolution + CAS. That gives way better results than those techniques(better then FSR and WAY better then DLSS) but not all games support it sadly enough.

What also great is, is DLAA (I FINALLY ! Yes @Andrew_WOT got it working in ACC now without the massive blur/ghosting with the latest DLL) combined with CAS, but it's to demanding with the current GPU power, but it surely looks as an option for the future since MFAA will be deprecated sadly enough. But DLSS is never an option and TAA gives to much artifacts/ghosting, so also not an option for the best visuals in VR.

But with a 5090 DLAA will give great results in VR for sure. But now you can achieve better results with MFAA+supersampling. DLSS and FSR are both not good for VR users(FSR could be seen as OK if you don't have a other choice, but render resolution scaling+CAS looks imo still better).

• Deleted member 197115

For monitors the best result I was able to achieve was DLDSR with DLSS. If you have powerful enough GPU, skip DLSS, just use DLDSR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fancy giving us a tl;dr version
Disclaimer: I try to ignore artifacts in racing games and do not play others.
According to the first video, DLSS works better more often.
considering both performance and artifacts, but requires Nvidia GPUs.
Things are less clear between FSR and XeSS for artifacts,
but while XeSS can work without Intel GPUs, performance is not competitive.

The second video is less actionable,
offering some technical perspectives to go with the acronyms.

If @Andrew_WOT did VR, I would want to try his settings,
as soon as I have DDR5 and CPU tuning sorted on my new RTX 4090 PC...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Disclaimer: I try to ignore artifacts in racing games and do not play others.
According to the first video, DLSS works better more often.
considering both performance and artifacts, but requires Nvidia GPUs.
Things are less clear between FSR and XeSS for artifacts,
but while XeSS can work without Intel GPUs, performance is not competitive.

The second video is less actionable,
offering some technical perspectives to go with the acronyms.

If @Andrew_WOT did VR, I would want to try his settings,
as soon as I have DDR5 and CPU tuning sorted on my new RTX 4090 PC...
Last time I've tried VR TAAU worked the best, counterintuitive but dropping resolution and increasing pixel density was doing the trick, but it was before DLAA was available. DLSS was horrible though.

Of note is that the 4090 only uses 128 of the 144 SM's. A rumored 4090Ti was supposed to use 142 of those. If they leave a bunch of the 192 cores unused on the 50 series like they do with the 4090's do than there is no telling what we will get.

Expected 3nm process vs. 4nm on the 4090, so another expected increase in die size again.

So that is 50% more Cuda cores than the 4090 at 16% higher speed with a 33% wider memory bus and 33% more memory. I saw a guess at 70% higher processing. Given 50%+16% = 66% that would just mean another 4% in efficiency to make 70%. However that's only if they actually use all the cores.

Any guesses on the power consumption ?

1695984879156.png

Last edited:
I'm guessing around the same power consumption with around 50-70 % more performance.

I used to really follow the 4090 Ti rumours (and real leaks according to some) 6 or so months ago but I gave up when I started realising it wasn't coming out anytime soon, if at all. Who knows though? If Nvidia does delay the 5090 until 2025 instead of 2024 then maybe they'll try and milk us with a 4090 Super or Ti like they did with the 3090 but, by then, like with the 3090 Ti, it'll be too late as the 5090 will be around the corner.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with my 4090. I won't need anything more for my upcoming Bigscreen Beyond and I have a feeling I may be using that headset for a very long time.

Asus 4090 OC got cables from Cable Mod as well, the pins still get too hot after half hour of RF2 . Way, way too much HYPE around Video Cards. Yes, it's a good card, but have to back off here and there do to heat issues at where the pins connect.

Asus 4090 OC got cables from Cable Mod as well, the pins still get too hot after half hour of RF2 . Way, way too much HYPE around Video Cards. Yes, it's a good card, but have to back off here and there do to heat issues at where the pins connect.
Cable Mod is overpriced and/or overrated. ModDIY is where it's at.
I have my 4090 doing all sorts of hard stress tests in the 550-600 W range at almost 3100 MHz. Never an issue.

Last edited:
Nvidia moving to annual releases.

According to this it appears that they have waffled on their earlier longer time between GPU releases and will have something new for 2024.

Last edited:
Just installed my RTX4090 and it barely fit into my case :)

I'm probably not the first who got surprised by the size of the behemoth. I assumed it would be roughly the size of my RTX3090, boy was i wrong.

It's much longer, wider and 3 slots instead of 2.

I had to sacrifice a PCI-e USB card which connects all my racing gear. So i decided to postpone the testing until tomorrow ( fingers crossed )

Strangely enough i was quite happy with the performance of the 3090 as i was with the 2080 before that.

And so you bought the 4090 because......? :)
Standing still is going backwards. :D

WRC VR will be GPU intensive, i got the card at a reasonable price (which is still high)
I hope to achieve 120fps in FM8 and WRC on the 49" samsung and tweak the settings a little more on the quest 3.

When you are struggling for fps in VR, which we always do, there's also a peace of mind knowing there nothing faster available.

For example : AMS2 is really good in VR by day. At night and/or with rain the performance issues start to rise. Even a RTX4090 will struggle to get 90 fps at night, so happy with performance is always relative.

\\

So this morning i was trying WRC and was stuck at 72fps and 60% load :(

At first i doubted my power supply or that my system was bottlenecked somehow. A quick google search showed that more RTX4090 users are having the same issue with the game.

In AMS2 VR i do get a full 95%-100% GPU usage.

With Virtual Desktop and the quest 3 on godmode i can get a solid 90fps in AMS2 in the rain or at night. Rain and night not, but there's always something to wish for.

With Virtual Desktop and the quest 3 on godmode i can get a solid 90fps in AMS2 in the rain or at night. Rain and night not, but there's always something to wish for.

Maybe the 5090 will do it for you :)

Still have no idea if Nvidia is going to release next at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.7%