• 4080 Ti

Votes: 11 5.3%

Votes: 23 11.2%

Votes: 22 10.7%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • No Way !!!!

Votes: 69 33.5%

• Total voters
Nvidia....playing consumers like a fiddle.
The RTX4000 series is a classic example of what lack of competition does.
I wouldn't touch the 4060 or 4060Ti with a ten foot pole. Horrible products at current pricing.

Nvidia studio driver for VR?
While preparing a To Do list in anticipation of new parts arrival,
and reconfirming benefits (to me) for neither Nvidia Experience nor RTX experience,
I was reminded of their Studio drivers:
  • In one place, they differentiate based on day of launch support for the latest games
    vs stability and quality for creative workflows...
  • In another, they associate Studio drivers with e.g. 3D
For playing mostly Assetto Corsa in VR, perhaps their Studio Driver might be better...?

Last edited:
Yup... AI is the new crypto in terms of taking NVidia's attention. When they can sell $70,000 to $100,000 cards as fast as they can make them, Video cards for gaming are now just an afterthought.

... and they have enough in stock to milk gamers, so why make more and take a price/profit hit?

It all makes sense in a capitalistic way.:speechless:

Boy am I glad that AC is my sim of choice and it´s running completely satisfactory for me.

So: "American Company, go **** yourself" !!

Honestly the videos from JayzTwoCents are just good enough for teenagers.
Just trash for IQ 90 at best.
While I agree that his content is aimed at the masses, the point made is accurate. NVidia is now going all the way down the AI rabbit hole because there is huge money there and GPU's will be a lot lower on their radar.

All these content creators are doing is preparing consumers for a price shift that might not have otherwise occurred. It will give companies an excuse to start "playing" with prices based on rumors to see if they can induce panic buying and increase ARPU.

AI had some false starts but this is no bubble.

The underlying technologies may come and go and NVidia may not always be holding the cookie jar, but AI will be a part of our lives from this point forward.
Oh yes it will stay for sure, no question about that. But I'm talking about the investor's money. Have you even seen Nvidia's stock? It went from 112USD to 450USD in less than a year time. That's a bubble for sure.

Once the air is out of it, they will focus on both markets again, GPU's and AI.

Last edited:
It looks like initial spike of interest is going down already, even Mark stopped posting his AI generated selfies, that alone is a good enough indication. :D
Lol!!

Midjourney as a toy is fun, but I don't use it to accomplish anything of value. It just cracks me up from time to time.

What I am using is Visual Studio Copilot and Chat GPT-4.

My largest customer has 3 AI technologies going in and they are all amazing.

Meanwhile Nvidia has created a box specifically for Gaming NPC's that are context aware. We can expect to see more online games with more realistic interactions.

AI is being put to use in science as well. There is a race going on and it will likely last at least a decade.

And after a decade, I'm not sure if we we just have enough AI for most of our needs or if the push will continue for AGI.

Meanwhile autodriving cars are still being under development. Advanced robotics will require more powerful AI control.

The MS, Google, Apple, etc are in a serious race to prove personal AI assistants for people as a cloud service for your smart phone.

Last edited:
FWIW, I continue to play with Midjourney.

Marble statue of superhero cat
marblestatuecat.jpg
marblestatuecat2.jpg

Koala Cloth
KoalaCloth.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Oh no, that brief moment of community relief didn't last long. :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues