Votes: 11 5.3%

Votes: 23 11.1%

Votes: 22 10.6%

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • No Way !!!!

Votes: 69 33.3%

• Total voters
He's not alone.
Bill Gates just yesterday posted this saying the age of AI has begun and he's not alone either. I'm seeing PILES of traffic about CHAT-GPT-4.

https://www.gatesnotes.com/The-Age-...0_Artificial-Intelligence_BG-TW_&WT.tsrc=BGTW
To be honest, Bill Gates has been wrong about many, many things. He managed to hit a gold mine in the 80s and early-mid 90s, but that doesn't make him some kind of genius or oracle. There have been plenty of times he bet on a wrong horse

This is a matter of gaining critical mass.

By 2020 the prerequisites were in place. AI had the building blocks to process the contents of the Internet. Then the heavy lifting began.

AIAdvances.jpg

Right now we are seeing another hockey stick starting to go vertical.

So while VR hasn't found enough interest to attract much development and hardware manufacturers have scaled back efforts AI is a completely different beast.

There is a huge battle to bring AI to the masses in a digestible form. There are BILLIONS being spent by many different companies. MS and Google are huge but Meta/Amazon and others are pouring piles of money into this tool.

So AI is not waiting for people to buy in. There is chum in the water and the sharks are circling. They are spending as much money as they possibly can to get there first.

Last edited:
AI Voice Recognition. What could possibly go wrong. :roflmao:

We are setting up MS Nuance and it is scary good!

It handles accents, stuttering, garbled language. Asks questions for clarification and gets people to the right place. It is absolutely astounding!

Need multilingual support? Just add it.

AND it doesn't get frustrated or irritated and just patiently works the script until it finishes.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

We are setting up MS Nuance and it is scary good!

It handles accents, stuttering, garbled language. Asks questions for clarification and gets people to the right place. It is absolutely astounding!

Need multilingual support? Just add it.

AND it doesn't get frustrated or irritated and just patiently works the script until it finishes.
I see

But it's kinda creative in its own twisted way, I'll give them that:

Q: Which technological companies were named after animals?

A: There are many technological companies that have been named after animals. Some examples include:
Apple Inc. - Named after the apple, which is a fruit, but its logo features a bitten apple.

Second try:

A: Amazon - Named after the Amazon River, which is named after the Amazon ants, known for their strength and endurance.

Q: Please name companies named after prehistoric animals

A: Sure, here are some examples of technological companies named after prehistoric animals:
Megalodon - Named after the Megalodon shark, an extinct species of shark that lived approximately 2.6 million years ago.

Q: What Megalodon company is doing?

A: I apologize for the confusion, but there is no specific "Megalodon" company that I am aware of. I mentioned "Megalodon" as an example of a technological company named after a prehistoric animal, but I did not provide information about any specific company with that name.
If there is a company named Megalodon, it is not one that I am familiar with. It is possible that such a company exists, but without further information, I cannot provide details about what it does.

I might try using it when I'll need to write some BS report that nobody's gonna read

• Deleted member 197115

Amazon river is named after Amazon ants.
What Amazon ants were named after I wonder. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Chat GPT is such an amazingly talented liar/bullsh1tter.
Just a matter of time until it kills somebody, given that too many people are willing to take the sometimes-right/sometimes-wrong answers and not bother checking.

Just a matter of time until it kills somebody, given that too many people are willing to take the sometimes-right/sometimes-wrong answers and not bother checking.
Like fighting Covid with a bleach injection!

GPT-4 has a lot of safeguards and adds an annoying number of qualifiers and safety spiel when you ask questions where the results could be used in a dangerous way.

Some people are already very annoyed by the almost "woke" way it answers some questions and it will try not to answer questions it doesn't like. But it can be outsmarted for now.

For example if you ask it for the best way to hide money to drop your taxes, it will basically refuse. But if you ask what types of hiding money should not try on your taxes, it suddenly loosens up and gives you a list.

So it hasn't figured out reverse psychology yet.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Perfect disinformation generation tool.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back