Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
No wonder I didn't think the stripes were 'popping' that much... I accidentally had a 2nd copy of the AO layer turned on! Doh!! :laugh:

The stripes do connect up (top one matches the one on the front edge of the sidepod, not the one on the tub)...

but they're mostly covered by this logo, and nobody will see them when it's going past at 100+ mph on a replay anyway :laugh:

They do only match up at one very specific angle of course, which these shots aren't quite at ;)

Edit: could anyone tell me (@chargingcar perhaps) where the screws are, as I need to ideally make some of them black, if they don't all use the same texture that is.

In the process of flipping half a Mercedes....
Just have to say @chargingcar that's one hell of a UV map for this car :D:notworthy::notworthy: It almost lines up perfectly!
What you are looking at here is the relevant part of the UV on the right, linked to a copy of everything on the right side (which is not visible) flipped vertical and then just moved up vertically until it lines up with the left side UV, and almost all of it lines up perfectly. The only things that are slightly out - the halo mount surround, and the lower section of the tub. What a time-saver!
uv mirror.PNG

And now it has 2 sides after a few 'Right click' > 'New smart object via copy' > 'Edit contents' > 'flip horizontal' on all the logos. :D

I missed the bottom stripe on the barge board and need to mirror the halo shading (separate file of course) but shouldn't take long. Time for a break now :p

Edit: oh yes forgot to say I've finished the stripes on the nose too before mirroring it.

No painting today (yet)... but am doing some research.... there's some lovely detail shots on motorsport.com of them setting up at Baku...
https://www.motorsport.com/team/mercedes/photos/
I was mainly looking for shots of the mirrors but thought these were interesting. For the tire markings, notice on Bottas' car they are marked with 'VB' blue sprayed stencil, and for Hamilton they use his personal symbol ( :laugh: ) in red. as for L/R markings they appear to do the same colours/stencil spray with either L or R and a direction arrow. Presumably they don't differentiate between front and rear with the markings as it's obvious as the rears are so much wider than the front.
So I'll include the marking in the skin files. As we only have 1 set of markings (not a complaint CC ;)) I'll have to decide if I should put in the car markings (LH symbol in red / VB in blue) or the L/R designation. As my tire pack already has a direction arrow on I'm inclined to go for the driver markings, or I could include both so you can choose which you prefer.
Other things I've looked at today are the Petronas symbol on the barge boards - I forgot this was on the hires logos (which I was looking at for the mirrors), so tried it but the gap between the 2 surfaces with the UV mapping is too large so I've left it on the chassis_P file as before. For the mirrors, obviously they are a different shape, and the lettering is right on the side of the real car. However, as the hires logo UV goes most of the way around, and the mirrors are a different shape I'll use some artistic licence and put it as far as possible around on the hires to make it look better.
Also I'll be sure to include that laureaus logo on the nose as pictured above (that nobody will see lol).

Edit: photos didn't work. Motorsport.com are a bit funny with images so I've just put a link instead.

Last edited:
Halo is done...

Looking solid now man awesome job,
I was starting to wonder if we was going to start sending you W10 reference
No painting today (yet)... but am doing some research.... there's some lovely detail shots on motorsport.com of them setting up at Baku...
f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-mercedes-amg-f1-mechanics-and-pirelli-tyres.jpg

f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-mercedes-amg-f1-w09-sidepods-detail.jpg

f1-azerbaijan-gp-2018-mercedes-amg-f1-w09-eq-power-nose-detail.jpg

All image credits motorsport.com/LAT images.
I was mainly looking for shots of the mirrors but thought these were interesting. For the tire markings, notice on Bottas' car (2nd pic) they are marked with 'VB' blue sprayed stencil, and for Hamilton they use his personal symbol :)laugh:) in red. as for L/R markings they appear to do the same colours/stencil spray with either L or R and a direction arrow. Presumably they don't differentiate between front and rear with the markings as it's obvious as the rears are so much wider than the front.
So I'll include the marking in the skin files. As we only have 1 set of markings (not a complaint CC ;)) I'll have to decide if I should put in the car markings (LH symbol in red / VB in blue) or the L/R designation. As my tire pack already has a direction arrow on I'm inclined to go for the driver markings, or I could include both so you can choose which you prefer.
Other things I've looked at today are the Petronas symbol on the barge boards - I forgot this was on the hires logos (which I was looking at for the mirrors), so tried it but the gap between the 2 surfaces with the UV mapping is too large so I've left it on the chassis_P file as before. For the mirrors, obviously they are a different shape, and the lettering is right on the side of the real car. However, as the hires logo UV goes most of the way around, and the mirrors are a different shape I'll use some artistic licence and put it as far as possible around on the hires to make it look better.
Also I'll be sure to include that laureaus logo on the nose as pictured above (that nobody will see lol).
No pics man :(

Think this looks about right for the logos. Good job the hires is there I was worried how I would warp it and it would be pixelated otherwise :) In a way shame the mercedes is quite sparse with sponsors (shows how much money they have), otherwise I could have used it more

There's a petronas logo on the inside of the mirror mounts on the real car.. not sure if it will be better to either 1) try and put it on the mounts here - different shape, perhaps too curved and not wide enough, 2) put it on the inside of the mirror itself, or 3) leave it off alltogether.

Motorsport.com are a bit funny with images. Could have saved them (via 'inspect' in chrome) and uploaded but don't want to break any rules or get RD in trouble with them so have just put a link in.
Actually if you open the picture in a new tab then you're able to save it or get its link easily and no need to 'inspect' or something like F12:sneaky:

Haha I said I wasn't doing any today, and got quite a lot done:
Mirrors (KS Showroom):

In the end I decided to leave the petronas logo off inside the mirrors as to put it on the mirrors themselves is the wrong place and didn't look right.

Rear Wing:
Closed (CM)...

Open (CM)...

KS Showroom..

Rear wing is done. I did experiment with putting the petronas logo on the inside of the endplates, but the RSS car has more cut-outs than the mercedes so couldn't get it to look right so it's not going on there. I'll need to make the DRS activator silver but can't figure out how (in chassis_c).

Some more pics to leave you with over the weekend as I will be away...

Looking good now ;) Just the front wing to do and then some small details :D:D:D

Damn! you guys are good.
The car looks incredible.
Thanks.
Not sure how much optimization was done recently but the RSS car with every setting in AC set to max, will sometimes run upward of 170 fps on my computer with a lowly I7-3820.
That is absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
I was having some fun with 3d when I discovered that the AC helmet look much better with a rear wing and without the top part. I think that this car deserve a better helmet:p. Will we ever see a fantasy helmet:D? It's so frustrating to paint the standard AC helmet...
Screenshot (13).jpg

I could actually make this and implement it to V4 but for the life of me cat find a brake display settings :D
what a damn pitty.
Thanks to David for sharing :)

Damn! you guys are good.
The car looks incredible.
Thanks.
Not sure how much optimization was done recently but the RSS car with every setting in AC set to max, will sometimes run upward of 170 fps on my computer with a lowly I7-3820.
That is absolutely nuts.
Hi,
Yes the car was running past our normal standards regarding the levels of geometry so instead of the standard 4 LOD you will see in all official content and mods,
I actually went a step further and created 5x LOD and then set the LOD_B_HIGH to 10 meters,
normally these things are at least 13-14-20 meters depending on the car,
I see massive advantages of adding more LOD it takes more time but reading nice comments like this makes it all worth while :)
20e76f8eb72713090f7d0c08914de7f0.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Forum trophies