Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Cool good spot!. Am now wondering if Hamilton has red pads as bottas colour of choice is blue and Hamilton's red
I did some more research from the Baku's photos and seems like they both actually have black pads now.
KeKZySV.png
ej8csvB.png

Edit: Sorry for small photos

Car is done!! :D:D

Showroom_rss_formula_hybrid_2018_30-3-2018-15-32-55.jpg

Front wing completed and Black T-Cam for Hamilton done.
Just needs a final inspection to make sure everything right and then crew/suits - never made these so would like to have a go.
Definitely be out by the end of the week ;)

Just taken the car to a few tracks. Barcelona I'm struggling to take turn 3 flat the back keeps stepping out at full throttle could be the tires overheating. At Monaco it's really difficult to get around the hairpin as there's no way to adjust the steering lock.
I did manage to just get into the 1.41 at Baku 6 tenths off pole need to take some more wing off I think

maybe you need to tone the grey down in your PSD a bit (close to darker grey i think), 65-80% grey will totally blow the color up like white in the game. or use metal detail as main color and tweak the skin map to get the correct metallic reflection.
I'll have a look but it doesn't look that white on track. I always find the showroom lighting to be a bit too harsh

Sorry... more screenshots lol... I've adjusted the base colour a little. Lightness (HSL) was sitting at 75% before. I've now changed it to 50% and it looks much better. These shots are in KS showroom with default pp and default exposure...

Looks ok in full light and in shadow. Really don't think I want to go any darker than that as it's meant to be 'Silver' Arrows, not dark grey arrows ;) Note, the previous colour was chosen as I looked up the hex colour for silver and used that.
Just done an inspection and found a few anomalies which I fixed so looking at doing some other details and then release before the weekend.
Here's the latest on track test at Monaco (with the new darker colour):

Sorry... more screenshots lol... I've adjusted the base colour a little. Lightness (HSL) was sitting at 75% before. I've now changed it to 50% and it looks much better. These shots are in KS showroom with default pp and default exposure...

Looks ok in full light and in shadow. Really don't think I want to go any darker than that as it's meant to be 'Silver' Arrows, not dark grey arrows ;) Note, the previous colour was chosen as I looked up the hex colour for silver and used that.
Just done an inspection and found a few anomalies which I fixed so looking at doing some other details and then release before the weekend.
Here's the latest on track test at Monaco (with the new darker colour):

Top work! looks great!
only a small note
the driver numbers behind are no longer on a black background (I think that was only during the test drives)

f1-australian-gp-2018-hamilton.jpg

aserbaidschan
f1-2018-aserbaidschan.jpg

Last edited:
Top work! looks great!
only a small note
the driver numbers behind are no longer on a black background (I think that was only during the test drives)

f1-australian-gp-2018-hamilton.jpg

aserbaidschan
f1-2018-aserbaidschan.jpg
Thanks for pointing this out.... not your fault but it's really p***ing me off as I had the black shading further back originally and then someone said it was wrong so I changed it, but it must be a testing photo they showed me...
Great progress so far!
[As chargingcar pointed out the shading on the engine cover is still too light, it's actually as black as the shading on the bottom/rear end of the car.
Will the Halo mounting stay this light in colour compared to the rest of the Halo?
The difference in colour between the mount and the actual Halo is very small.
I just noticed that if you make the whole shading darker the Halo mount will get darker as well so that might automatically solve this. :D]
SOLVED ALREADY!
I also think that the shading on the engine cover is too "long", it almost reaches the number at the back.
It actually should end around the AMG EQ Power+ logo.
About the bottom/rear end shading: The colour is great but I think the shading goes "upwards" earlier, on the real car the bottom layer of first digit is completely black while the second digit sits in the transition area from black to silver.

*EDIT* Just saw your latest pics, now the engine cover shading looks much better (except it's still a bit too long). Too me it even looks like it's still not dark enough lol. The transition area from silver to black is very small and then the whole area is actually plain black.

1519300378978.jpg
Also they seem to use this magic paint that looks different in every photo that you look at!!

I think I saved my original shading in the PSD.... I'll have a look and see if it's still there and useable otherwise I'll need to re-do it again.

Still, better to have it noticed now and fix it than it be wrong at release! I've also just noticed that the vertical fin at where the nose joins on is black so I'll fix that too and also the inside of the cockpit surround foam is completely black.

Anything else anyone can see that's wrong whilst I'm at it? ;)

Thanks for pointing this out.... not your fault but it's really p***ing me off as I had the black shading further back originally and then someone said it was wrong so I changed it, but it must be a testing photo they showed me...

Also they seem to use this magic paint that looks different in every photo that you look at!!

I think I saved my original shading in the PSD.... I'll have a look and see if it's still there and useable otherwise I'll need to re-do it again.

Still, better to have it noticed now and fix it than it be wrong at release! I've also just noticed that the vertical fin at where the nose joins on is black so I'll fix that too and also the inside of the cockpit surround foam is completely black.

Anything else anyone can see that's wrong whilst I'm at it? ;)

It is difficult to find HD pictures where you can see more...
What I still notice is.....Petronas Primax behind is black because the background is then silver

Having an identity crisis :laugh:....
__custom_showroom_1525171170.jpg

Moved the numbers a little further forward. My original shading not right either so will have to do it again.
The real mercedes engine cover and rear body work finishes earlier than the RSS car, so my thoughts are that the shading will now start on the RSS car at the beginning of the rear suspension cutout and go up from there.
I'll make the primax logo a little smaller and move it up a bit so it's still readable.

Siblings....

Corrected rear shading, made inside of head protection foam black, made vertical fin on top of nose black. Chassis is now complete - I'm not changing it again unless there's something major, which I'm pretty sure there isn't! ;)
To do:
  • Black belt pads
  • Tire labels (LH Symbol/VB)
  • Driver suit & gloves
  • crew suit
  • 'crew' file - pitwall logos etc
  • Final inspection
Helmets by @Marco17_ok

Siblings....

Corrected rear shading, made inside of head protection foam black, made vertical fin on top of nose black. Chassis is now complete - I'm not changing it again unless there's something major, which I'm pretty sure there isn't! ;)
To do:
  • Black belt pads
  • Tire labels (LH Symbol/VB)
  • Driver suit & gloves
  • crew suit
  • 'crew' file - pitwall logos etc
  • Final inspection
Helmets by @Marco17_ok

Wow looks fantastic!!! really very good job!!!

Alright, so yesterday I bought the mod, but when watching back replays I noticed some odd objects. (not sure if the issue is mod related or not) I am playing on triple screens, also watching replays on the same triple setup.

Here is what i'm talking about
https://imgur.com/a/kKsT18Y
I that is caused my camera missplacement while rendering on triple screens its showing the backfaces missing and some showing,
If I still had my triple screens maybe we could adjust the cameras but sadly no one is running triple screens I believe within the team, most VR and widescreens,
maybe its something we can look into in the future getting someone to test the positions,
but will effect all the cameras currently which are perfect in other screen modes :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.