Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
The shading on the real car on the engine cover and Halo mount looks way darker than you have there, from both the showroom and ingame looks really white say 10% wants maybe making 30% higher/darker,
just an observation dont shoot me :p
No shooting required. I was asking for opinions and I was thinking it wants to be darker! :p
Think this is better but still not really happy with how it looks in general...

I've also fixed the lower shading at the rear, although the joins still need some attention.

No shooting required. I was asking for opinions and I was thinking it wants to be darker! :p

I've also fixed the lower shading at the rear, although the joins still need some attention.
This texture controls the shine on the maps,
green is probably the standard colors in general you will see 90% of the time gives a really nice deep shine,
but its controlled by RGB color maps,
so anything from RED / GREEN / BLUE ect will give different effects on the chassis paints,
anything from mat to almost chromish looks,
which means you can dim down the blacks to give a mat look slightly and enhance the main layers,
takes some tweeking and playing around with but the results are always worth it in the end :)
e262a5f61091d3907faa21fef7d43f97.png

and I would still say it wants making darker still slightly, also the halo join looks odd :)

Great progress so far!
[As chargingcar pointed out the shading on the engine cover is still too light, it's actually as black as the shading on the bottom/rear end of the car.
Will the Halo mounting stay this light in colour compared to the rest of the Halo?
The difference in colour between the mount and the actual Halo is very small.
I just noticed that if you make the whole shading darker the Halo mount will get darker as well so that might automatically solve this. :D]
SOLVED ALREADY!
I also think that the shading on the engine cover is too "long", it almost reaches the number at the back.
It actually should end around the AMG EQ Power+ logo.
About the bottom/rear end shading: The colour is great but I think the shading goes "upwards" earlier, on the real car the bottom layer of first digit is completely black while the second digit sits in the transition area from black to silver.

*EDIT* Just saw your latest pics, now the engine cover shading looks much better (except it's still a bit too long). Too me it even looks like it's still not dark enough lol. The transition area from silver to black is very small and then the whole area is actually plain black.

1519300378978.jpg

Last edited:
This texture controls the shine on the maps,
green is probably the standard colors in general you will see 90% of the time gives a really nice deep shine,
but its controlled by RGB color maps,
so anything from RED / GREEN / BLUE ect will give different effects on the chassis paints,
anything from mat to almost chromish looks,
which means you can dim down the blacks to give a mat look slightly and enhance the main layers,
takes some tweeking and playing around with but the results are always worth it in the end :)
e262a5f61091d3907faa21fef7d43f97.png

and I would still say it wants making darker still slightly, also the halo join looks odd :)
Yeah I normally do the map at the end, grouping the paint layers by type/colour and then having a map layer for each like this...

(map layers for Black Swan Porsche 911 GT3R from Bathurst 12hr)
Just curious.. to make the base map did you just get RGB 0,255,0 and multiply the AO layer?

Great progress so far!
[As chargingcar pointed out the shading on the engine cover is still too light, it's actually as black as the shading on the bottom/rear end of the car.
Will the Halo mounting stay this light in colour compared to the rest of the Halo?
The difference in colour between the mount and the actual Halo is very small.
I just noticed that if you make the whole shading darker the Halo mount will get darker as well so that might automatically solve this. :D]
SOLVED ALREADY!
I also think that the shading on the engine cover is too "long", it almost reaches the number at the back.
It actually should end around the AMG EQ Power+ logo.
About the bottom/rear end shading: The colour is great but I think the shading goes "upwards" earlier, on the real car the bottom layer of first digit is completely black while the second digit sits in the transition area from black to silver.

*EDIT* Just saw your latest pics, now the engine cover shading looks spot on (except it's still a bit too long), but it's not too dark!

1519300378978.jpg
Thanks for the opinions... it really does help! This car is a bit of a pain, because the dark shaded parts look different in almost every photo as it seems to change depending on which way the light is hitting it. I did have the bottom shading going upwards earlier but then saw a pic where it looked different so I changed it.. I'll just go back to the original way lol

OK cool I will just tidy it up a bit then later on.
Have just done a quick map file to tone down the reflections a little (RGB 32,255,128 with AO layer set to screen @ 60% opacity so it affects the top surfaces as well)...
View attachment 248130
Probably needs less green, but will do for now. Going to have a break now lol
You think that is stressful the shading try painting a williams I did one once never again :p

Right... re-done the shading on the engine cover again for about the 5th or 6th time (kept the halo mount shading) and am happy with it now. Sorted the rear - brought the black further forward, made the number bigger and added the primax logo for more context. I've just noticed that they have changed the shading at the rear to like I have now, it was further back like I originally had at launch - very confusing!

As you can also see I've done the black on the main turning vanes/outer barge boards ready for putting the stripes on :)

Right... re-done the shading on the engine cover again for about the 5th or 6th time (kept the halo mount shading) and am happy with it now. Sorted the rear - brought the black further forward, made the number bigger and added the primax logo for more context. I've just noticed that they have changed the shading at the rear to like I have now, it was further back like I originally had at launch - very confusing!

As you can also see I've done the black on the main turning vanes/outer barge boards ready for putting the stripes on :)
Looks fantastic, can't wait for it. Soon as it lands my version will be heading for everybody's recycle bin.

I am overseas and haven't had the chance to test the 2018 yet, but does this happen to be it? it definitely looks like AC with the Baku mod plus has the 2018 Force India livery..... Would be pretty cool if it is!
I've probably spent far too long looking at this this morning rather than working!
Really difficult to tell as the video resolution is not great. I've been mainly looking at the wheel and the mirrors (or more specifically mirror mounts).
Obviously, it's definitely Assetto Corsa given the on-screen apps at the top right, but there it does puzzle me......Why on earth as a professional racing driver, and an F1 driver no less, would he drive from this view and not the cockpit view? We know Kimi uses AC too and he at least does it properly :p
If we could see the screen on the wheel better then we'd be able to tell easily. However, I don't think it's the RSS 2018 car, as why would he drive without the halo, but then again he's using TV cam view so why not lol.
It's definitely not the SF70-H with a skin as I initially thought it could be, as the mirror mounts are completely different.

So after all that rambling.. don't know is my answer, but I don't think so.:confused:

I've probably spent far too long looking at this this morning rather than working!
Really difficult to tell as the video resolution is not great. I've been mainly looking at the wheel and the mirrors (or more specifically mirror mounts).
Obviously, it's definitely Assetto Corsa given the on-screen apps at the top right, but there it does puzzle me......Why on earth as a professional racing driver, and an F1 driver no less, would he drive from this view and not the cockpit view? We know Kimi uses AC too and he at least does it properly :p
If we could see the screen on the wheel better then we'd be able to tell easily. However, I don't think it's the RSS 2018 car, as why would he drive without the halo, but then again he's using TV cam view so why not lol.
It's definitely not the SF70-H with a skin as I initially thought it could be, as the mirror mounts are completely different.

So after all that rambling.. don't know is my answer, but I don't think so.:confused:
It could be the acfl mod, the 2017 one because there is no halo

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Forum trophies