Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Seems like the suspension hard points does not match the model very well?:confused:
AfyYLx6.jpg
Hi,
Same as what Gary mentioned, ingame will always produce much more accurate results compared to CM :)

Would look much more realistic with some fade on the Halo mount,
the real car has much more of a faded transition from silver to black, its not a 100% change but more 50/50 on the blending :)
Don't have much time today but had a quick go with the Halo HD psd file and it's looking something like, but the silver is coming out a slightly different colour despite me duplicating the base layer from the chassis_P.(yes I do have the halo AO layer turned on). The halo mount on the mercedes is another area of the car where they have this dark shading so I'll have to play with it some more.
The underneath is still black, so is that dependant on the underlying chassis P alpha layer?
__custom_showroom_1524478233.jpg

Don't have much time today but had a quick go with the Halo HD psd file and it's looking something like, but the silver is coming out a slightly different colour despite me duplicating the base layer from the chassis_P.(yes I do have the halo AO layer turned on). The halo mount on the mercedes is another area of the car where they have this dark shading so I'll have to play with it some more.
The underneath is still black, so is that dependant on the underlying chassis P alpha layer?
View attachment 247950
Hi
I would imagine it would be something like this,
100% pure white alpha
ad6c3a822652d7c7bc7a49fff8f7bb0a.png

and the main top diffuse the "silver" of your car as the base layer,
4eb87024ca76dcfba0fa848407bac843.png

simply paint the base at the bottom same color as the chassis_p and make the rest black,
with the alpha channel been 100% white it will not pass through any carbon ingame,

100% black alpha will show carbon under the diffuse no matter the colors,
100% white will only show what is stored in the main diffuse top layers nothing else.

with the white alpha and this diffuse mask I made you will end up with something like this.
mine was fast but you get the idea :)
the mercedes appears to be faded similar to this at the base.
1b1caafe375b0a71f0f020e11b425269.jpg

Hi,

There definitely is. The top line bends down beneath the Qualcomm logo and in line with the side cameras before curving back up toward the front of the air box (image 1), and it appears to be consistently near full black in colour with a faded edges.

Credit to lat images and motorsport.com.
View attachment 247139 View attachment 247140 View attachment 247141 View attachment 247142

View attachment 247950
This reference seems really good for the fading,
as I was saying keep the alpha 100% white and just black and silver in the diffuse will work fine :)
looks faded on the nose also infront of the glass.

as I was saying keep the alpha 100% white and just black and silver in the diffuse will work fine :)
Yes but the halo is carbon so that's why I used the alpha...
https://goo.gl/images/Df7vpQ
Or if it's not it looks like it. Guess I could put my own carbon texture in the diffuse and it would blend better
Any tips for less reflective green on the rims?

Yes but the halo is carbon so that's why I used the alpha...
https://goo.gl/images/Df7vpQ
Or if it's not it looks like it. Guess I could put my own carbon texture in the diffuse and it would blend better
Any tips for less reflective green on the rims?
Well regarding the Halo place the mask inside the alpha channel you create will generate the carbon again,
looks mixed carbon and paint so will need working out and all masking nice :)

regarding the rim sadly I created a Rim_map which was green like the chassis_p maps,
but looking its inside my backup folder from the sdk, and its using the rim maps again,
will take some tweeking in that current state to get it mat ill have a quick play and see what results I can achieve, in the next update I will add back the rim maps sorry about that should have been there with them been metals.
51ed5c0393fe96a81dd976e487e76565.png

Well regarding the Halo place the mask inside the alpha channel you create will generate the carbon again,
looks mixed carbon and paint so will need working out and all masking nice :)

regarding the rim sadly I created a Rim_map which was green like the chassis_p maps,
but looking its inside my backup folder from the sdk, and its using the rim maps again,
will take some tweeking in that current state to get it mat ill have a quick play and see what results I can achieve, in the next update I will add back the rim maps sorry about that should have been there with them been metals.
51ed5c0393fe96a81dd976e487e76565.png
No worries. I only noticed it was glossy in shadow. 99.9% of people would not even see it, especially during replays and driving lol I don't think there's any other teams that have that kind of paint on their wheels

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting for this Merc but it will take some time as there's still a lot to do :)

No worries. I only noticed it was glossy in shadow. 99.9% of people would not even see it, especially during replays and driving lol I don't think there's any other teams that have that kind of paint on their wheels

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting for this Merc but it will take some time as there's still a lot to do :)
Yep and for some reason the Halo is set to 0.5,0.5 and the chassis_P is set to 0.4,0.5 so the silver color will require adjusting darker on the halo to match it, strange I checked it twice,
anyways I will place these for the updates as well for in the future, nothing else as been reported as bugs,
with 100,s of textures there will always be 1-2 things that require tweeking here and there,
the V3 updates was vast and took quite some effort only a handful of things we have here to update :)

Yeah nothing to do with the rims,
make the stripe in the alpha channel for the green circle 100% white will diffuse it more,
like I say I will add back the missing maps for the update,
they was there on the car at some point but the sdk I cleaned the unused textures must have reserved it to the backup folder I will add it back :)

Yep and for some reason the Halo is set to 0.5,0.5 and the chassis_P is set to 0.4,0.5 so the silver color will require adjusting darker on the halo to match it, strange I checked it twice,
anyways I will place these for the updates as well for in the future, nothing else as been reported as bugs,
with 100,s of textures there will always be 1-2 things that require tweeking here and there,
the V3 updates was vast and took quite some effort only a handful of things we have here to update :)

Yeah nothing to do with the rims,
make the stripe in the alpha channel for the green circle 100% white will diffuse it more,
like I say I will add back the missing maps for the update,
they was there on the car at some point but the sdk I cleaned the unused textures must have reserved it to the backup folder I will add it back :)
No worries. There's always bound to be 1 or 2 things missed as you say with that many textures. Its certainly not a complaint from me!

Hi,
I know in V3 of the hybrid we added a "steer_assist" option back inside the setup menu ingame,
the 2017 car had this option also and I believe from what David was saying by default the 2017 car was set to 100% and the 2018 car by default was set to 90%,
now in saying this I do not really know what this assist does I have never used the feature and I only have controller no wheel so not worth me investigating it,
maybe try and play with this value not quite sure what the results would be but try 50-150 and see what feelings change while driving,
hope that helps :)
This is definitely the setting! It defines how much "power" of the power steering. But now I found a good setting (40%), how do I save as default?

Reactions: CC
This is definitely the setting! It defines how much "power" of the power steering. But now I found a good setting (40%), how do I save as default?
Hi Just save a setup for that track,
I believe each track will require a setup most likely you play, not quite sure if there is any tools or external apps ect but I believe setups require saving each track as I say,
anyways glad you found a fix happy racing :)

Sorry starting to get somewhere so I will be spamming a lot with pics now hopefully you don't mind :roflmao:
Just a test in the pits at Monaco to see how it's looking (GBW_suite, clear 09:00 24C, natural pp filter)...

Always need to try it at a track. No matter how much you look at it in CM/KS showroom it always looks a bit different on track somehow. Note that the weather has warmed the colours here as well.

A few things I've noticed.... I have the shading at the rear a bit wrong... it should go straight along to the suspension and then go up the back of the engine cover/shark fin (behind the 44) a bit later.
Also still not really happy with the shading behind the EQ power + logo, and particularly on the halo mount... it's darker on the real car but if I do that it still looks wrong to me somehow. Can I have opinions on this?

This morning (so far) I got the lower shading on the tub and the nose all finished off and smoothed out the transition to the silver, and also changed the glow of the blue stripe to be the right colour (previously all had the same colour outer glow). Next I think I will maybe finish off the stripes on the turning vanes and the side of the nose so the side stripes are finished.

Sorry starting to get somewhere so I will be spamming a lot with pics now hopefully you don't mind :roflmao:
Just a test in the pits at Monaco to see how it's looking (GBW_suite, clear 09:00 24C, natural pp filter)...

Always need to try it at a track. No matter how much you look at it in CM/KS showroom it always looks a bit different on track somehow. Note that the weather has warmed the colours here as well.

A few things I've noticed.... I have the shading at the rear a bit wrong... it should go straight along to the suspension and then go up the back of the engine cover/shark fin (behind the 44) a bit later.
Also still not really happy with the shading behind the EQ power + logo, and particularly on the halo mount... it's darker on the real car but if I do that it still looks wrong to me somehow. Can I have opinions on this?

This morning (so far) I got the lower shading on the tub and the nose all finished off and smoothed out the transition to the silver, and also changed the glow of the blue stripe to be the right colour (previously all had the same colour outer glow). Next I think I will maybe finish off the stripes on the turning vanes and the side of the nose so the side stripes are finished.
The shading on the real car on the engine cover and Halo mount looks way darker than you have there, from both the showroom and ingame looks really white say 10% wants maybe making 30% higher/darker,
just an observation dont shoot me :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back