Removed by RSS

Cars Removed by RSS [Paid] 3.0

No permission to buy (€0.01)
Again, very good work.
You asked me to try other tracks than bahrrain.
Try Copse corner in Silverstone, even with lower wing setting easily full throttle.

My impression ist that is has too much downforce, little too big turbo lag (hairpins in 3rd gear no good) and all the soft tyres are melting after only one lap.

But besides that, just awesome. thanks

Again, very good work.
You asked me to try other tracks than bahrrain.
Try Copse corner in Silverstone, even with lower wing setting easily full throttle.

My impression ist that is has too much downforce, little too big turbo lag (hairpins in 3rd gear no good) and all the soft tyres are melting after only one lap.

But besides that, just awesome. thanks
What wing settings do you count as 'lower'? They were full throttle through copse last year IRL and is also flat in last year's car from RSS.
To eliminate the turbo lag put the mgu-h into 'motor' mode.

Bit more progress on the tire app. Changed the colours around and I think it looks better now. Spent quite a lot of time fiddling about trying to figure out how to change the colours of certain elements of the UI as it's not straightforward. I've now got it working end to end again though which is the first time since re-doing it in this nicer looking style of application:

As you can see I added the SF70 just to check/prove it will work with other cars as there is a tire pack for it. Problem is though that for Yellow/Soft you currently have to delete the 2 texture files, so I'll need to figure out how to do that (which will likely mean a change of rights to admin), so it's unlikely to be 'supported' any time soon.
Also as you can see it now brings in the 'livery' image for each skin too :)
To do before release:
  • Get it to save settings & read supported car list from a file.
  • Add an option to make tires the same for all skins.
Also if anyone has a configuration where AC (or any game for that matter) is installed in a different folder (e.g. on a different drive) from the main steam install folder, please give me a PM as I need to include detection for this sort of setup.

What wing settings do you count as 'lower'? They were full throttle through copse last year IRL and is also flat in last year's car from RSS.
To eliminate the turbo lag put the mgu-h into 'motor' mode.

Check the pole Lap of Lewis.
Even the fastest car with the best setup steps of throttle before the corner and even shifts down a gear...
So it feels weird for a noob like me with no setup, to get full throttle through there with every type of tyre...
And of course i use the motor mode for hotlaps

Hi! First of all, congratulations for this superb mod! I tried it and i really like it, but i have to say something about the physics of this mod, especially about tyre and suspension behaviour. I noticed that this car seems to work better with irrealistic camber values (usually F1 cars work fine with camber values near to -3° on front wheels or more, RSS FH 18 works fine with values near to -2°). About the tyres, they work strangely: maybe the working range is approximately good, but during a lap is very hard to maintain good temperatures because they changes very quickly, they don't seem real tyres, i think there is something wrong with Thermal capacity of tyre material. We can hope for an update that will fix these imperfections?

In my opinion the issue is that tyres are heating up too fast and stay overheated quickly.

As for camber I think the numbers are okay within the real pirelli recommendations.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-12-at-15.24.03.png

Ow yes it does!
I'm working my ass off at my daily job. I just moved to another house and everything in life is crazy, but the work continues. I waited for V3 and now I need to add details. :D
I will post a WIP tonight.

Let's quote myself. I've make some changes but nothing mayor. I still need to make a list from the last forum thread which regards people who where interested in a car. And who is enthousiastic about the VISA- car so I can start on the names, number and possible helmet- designs.

If anyone is interested in helping me with that, that would be awesome. :)

If anyone is interested in helping me with that, that would be awesome. :)
I gathered all I could, should mention that Laurent Londes and Rob Comer have also been included in another skinpack if I am correct.

Also, if I can make a wish, to go with my helmet design I'd quite like to be used for a Ferrari-red-ish car rather than the VISA skin (even though it looks marvellous) ;)

Attachments

• RSS18_Drivers.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 152
@Matthew327 ; Thanks!

I really would like everyone to just sent me a request or their wishes. The VISA theme is my first car I painted back in 90's and it keeps coming back. If anyone is interested to be a driver within this team, just let me know. Otherwise I will provide the car without any names. :)

I'll like to have a driver name please : MaGz1R3

Bit more progress on the tire app. Changed the colours around and I think it looks better now. Spent quite a lot of time fiddling about trying to figure out how to change the colours of certain elements of the UI as it's not straightforward. I've now got it working end to end again though which is the first time since re-doing it in this nicer looking style of application:

As you can see I added the SF70 just to check/prove it will work with other cars as there is a tire pack for it. Problem is though that for Yellow/Soft you currently have to delete the 2 texture files, so I'll need to figure out how to do that (which will likely mean a change of rights to admin), so it's unlikely to be 'supported' any time soon.
Also as you can see it now brings in the 'livery' image for each skin too :)
To do before release:
  • Get it to save settings & read supported car list from a file.
  • Add an option to make tires the same for all skins.
Also if anyone has a configuration where AC (or any game for that matter) is installed in a different folder (e.g. on a different drive) from the main steam install folder, please give me a PM as I need to include detection for this sort of setup.

Looks fantastic i have it not on c: i have it on g:

An news from Mercedes Skin

Cool. I might ask you to look at some steam files for me to improve the detection. If auto detect of AC folder fails you can tell it where it is manually anyway.

Made some good progress on this today something that was puzzling me and really driving me nuts I've resolved and now ticking most of the things off the to do list so it will be ready soon.

Once I've done this I'll get on to the Mercedes skin - i'm expecting before the end of the week. After doing the tire pack I felt it was a bit unfinished until I made this app so that's why I've done this first and it was good to have a break from skinning for a week or so :)

Regards the Mercedes skin I'm looking at pics and struggling to work out if there is a black shaded area on the engine cover below and to the rear of the air box or of it's just how the light is hitting it. I've got most of the stripes down the side roughed out which is the hardest bit I think

Regards the Mercedes skin I'm looking at pics and struggling to work out if there is a black shaded area on the engine cover below and to the rear of the air box or of it's just how the light is hitting it. I've got most of the stripes down the side roughed out which is the hardest bit I think
Hi,

There definitely is. The top line bends down beneath the Qualcomm logo and in line with the side cameras before curving back up toward the front of the air box (image 1), and it appears to be consistently near full black in colour with a faded edges.

Credit to lat images and motorsport.com.
w09_1.JPG w09_2.JPG w09_3.JPG w09_4.JPG

Hi,

There definitely is. The top line bends down beneath the Qualcomm logo and in line with the side cameras before curving back up toward the front of the air box (image 1), and it appears to be consistently near full black in colour with a faded edges.

Credit to lat images and motorsport.com.
View attachment 247139 View attachment 247140 View attachment 247141 View attachment 247142
Cool. Good to get confirmation that my eyes were't deceiving me. Presumably the idea is that it makes the Merc badge and the 'AMG EQ Power+' easier to read, otherwise it would be quite difficult if it was silver/white on silver.:)

Just a few things to do on the tire app and some testing with a few different setups of steam in different configurations (using a VM), and then I'll be back to painting ;)

Added 'tire options' screen with options for making them all the same and a randomizer where you specify up to 3 colours/compounds and the % chance that they will be picked...

As you can see I picked the 3 compounds from the Chinese GP as an example.

Just need to add a menu for changing the ac path and/or changing the location of tire packs and it will be ready for final testing before a release :)

Felt like doing a bit of painting this morning...

...smoothed the join on the black on the seam that's half way along the engine cover (at the end of the stripes)

Roughed out the wheels... they probably need some darker colour airbrushing on to make them look better. Any way to make the green more matte?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back