Haas VF-18 here by formulaHEINE
McLaren MCL 33 2018 here by Marco17_ok

Renault-RS18 here from Amir Vodokotlic
Renault-RS18 here from Marco17_ok
STR13 Toro Rosso here by speedracer1893

Sauber F1 here by Sven Smits
Red Bull Camo here by MahdiAasi
Red Bull Racing here by Sman
Scuderia Ferrari here by me (Chrisi2174)
Williams-Martini-Racing here by me (Chrisi2174)

RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 / 2D/3D Templates (V3)here
F1 2018 Helmet by Marco17_ok
Pirelli Tire-pack by davewilliams000
Pirelli Tire-pack for RSS formula cars formulaHEINE

RSS Formula Hybrid 2018 Formula 1 - 2018 Skins ,

VJ11 Force India 2018 here by speedracer1893
Haas VF-18 here by formulaHEINE
McLaren MCL 33 2018 here by Marco17_ok

Renault-RS18 here from Amir Vodokotlic
Renault-RS18 here from Marco17_ok
STR13 Toro Rosso here by speedracer1893

Sauber F1 here by Sven Smits
Red Bull Camo here by MahdiAasi
Red Bull Racing here by Sman
Scuderia Ferrari here by me (Chrisi2174)
Williams-Martini-Racing here by me (Chrisi2174)

Thanks for this.

Would be very useful if this could somehow be a sticky at the start of the thread.

Hi man :)
I am not no physics guy but from memory I can not remember any such file ever existing I believe pitstops are inside the car.ini and that is all what is referenced.

So basically some kunos vanilla cars.
Have in the data folder file called ai_tyres.

inside

ai_tyres.ini
Code:
[S]
MAX_KM=10
[M]
MAX_KM=30
[H]
MAX_KM=50

This is I guess way to prevent AI cars for doing crazy long stints on one tyre.

Reactions: CC
So basically some kunos vanilla cars.
Have in the data folder file called ai_tyres.

inside

ai_tyres.ini
Code:
[S]
MAX_KM=10
[M]
MAX_KM=30
[H]
MAX_KM=50

This is I guess way to prevent AI cars for doing crazy long stints on one tyre.
I will pass the info to David thanks,
personally I have never seen this file before I know some cars have slightly different files,
I looked at 4 formula cars this morning from kunos all in which do not have this file :)

kunos 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2 have the file. ai_tyres.ini
Make a test file and see if calms them down also,
anyways cant understand why its not generic to all content specially given the bmw gt2 is one of the oldest cars in AC,
also one of my personal favorites for hotlapping was back in the day anyways I love this car and the t125 most laps I completed with official content with these 2 cars :)

Make a test file and see if calms them down also,
anyways cant understand why its not generic to all content specially given the bmw gt2 is one of the oldest cars in AC,
also one of my personal favorites for hotlapping was back in the day anyways I love this car and the t125 most laps I completed with official content with these 2 cars :)

I have no clue.
Maybe it didn't work as intended?
Or maybe over the years as Stefano was working on ai they did lot of changes so that concept was never carried forward and they used virtual km.
Or maybe Aris lost his mind trying to implement and test on all AI cars?

I have no clue.
Maybe it didn't work as intended?
Or maybe over the years as Stefano was working on ai they did lot of changes so that concept was never carried forward and they used virtual km.
Or maybe Aris lost his mind trying to implement and test on all AI cars?
Do not know what they used and why they used it,
throw me the pirelli graph ill leave the AI running and see what difference it makes,
just curious myself to see whats what anyways :)

9fac62c2c7148d3bbd0428c40c7bf661.png

Hi! First of all, congratulations for this superb mod! I tried it and i really like it, but i have to say something about the physics of this mod, especially about tyre and suspension behaviour. I noticed that this car seems to work better with irrealistic camber values (usually F1 cars work fine with camber values near to -3° on front wheels or more, RSS FH 18 works fine with values near to -2°). About the tyres, they work strangely: maybe the working range is approximately good, but during a lap is very hard to maintain good temperatures because they changes very quickly, they don't seem real tyres, i think there is something wrong with Thermal capacity of tyre material. We can hope for an update that will fix these imperfections?

Do not know what they used and why they used it,
throw me the pirelli graph ill leave the AI running and see what difference it makes,
just curious myself to see whats what anyways :)

9fac62c2c7148d3bbd0428c40c7bf661.png

I couldn't locate the chart but maybe for testing sake.
Around barcelona one lap is 4.6 km. 66 laps in total.

So maybe?

HS max KM=25 (6 laps)
US max KM=70 (15 laps)
SS max KM=160 (35 laps)
S max KM=200 (42 laps)
M max KM=300 (65 laps)

Just thought I'd show my progress on the tire texture switching app (I will get back to the Mercedes painting soon I promise ;))...
Main Screen:

Popup of tire 'root' selection:

As you can see on the top image, it now reads the ui json files for both car and skins so brings in the correct values for name, team, number driver(s) for the skins, and name (and year, brand, country, author which are hidden but used for validation of 'supported cars') as well as the ui 'badge' image for the cars. I may add the 'livery' image to the skins area too.

Have spent most of the day trying to understand how styles and colours work, and am still playing with how it looks. I was going for a Photoshop CC look here (I took the colours directly from a screen grab of the PS window) but not sure I like it. It needs to be fairly dark otherwise the 'badge' images can't be seen.

:)

Quick question guys. I see that there have been lots of updates of skins to coincide with the latest mod update.

How do you install these? Do you just install the skin as normal and the necessary files will be overwritten? Or do you have to manually uninstall the old version first?

I use CM, so wouldn't know where to begin looking to manually uninstall the necessary files!

Quick question guys. I see that there have been lots of updates of skins to coincide with the latest mod update.

How do you install these? Do you just install the skin as normal and the necessary files will be overwritten? Or do you have to manually uninstall the old version first?

I use CM, so wouldn't know where to beging looking to manually uninstall the necessary files!

I always delete manually the old folders and copy the new folders into the Skin folder.

Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/rss_formula_hybrid_2018/skins

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back