AC RSS 1970 V8 @ Le Circuit Mt-Tremblant 1969 - Tue 23rd Jan 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
RSS1970.jpg

As recommend by Laurent, we're taking the fabulous RSS 1970 F1 car to Le Circuit Mont Temblant in Canada. This is a tricky circuit that will prove a challenge in these cars.

Circuit_Mont-Tremblant_Track_Map.svg.png

Note the car is paid content but it's less than the price of a coffee so well worth it.

The format will be 2x25mins races

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 GMT (19:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 GMT (20:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 GMT (20:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 GMT (21:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: RSS 1970 V8
  • Track: Le Circuit Mt-Tremblant 1969
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
Server 3 is up

Last edited:
Unless I get some more sign up for this race I'll probably cancel it. Which is a shame as it's a great car on a great track.

I'll like to know why this car isn't more popular. Is it the cost (really!)? Too hard to drive? Don't like old cars,? Don't like single seaters? Can't do Tuesday? Don't like the 2x25min format?

If there is some other combo people would rather race then please let me know in this thread. Thanks.

Just registered Colin, I wasn't sure if I'd be in on Tuesday but hopefully will be.
For me it's a great car to drive and the sound is sublime when you open the taps.
Cost? Less than a posh cup of coffee and lasts a lot longer.
This track is new to me and looks a tricky one but surely that's what driving is all about, testing yourself against different challenges and learning from it.
2 x 25min is just right in my opinon. Other platforms run 2 x 12 or 2x 15 and they do seem to be popular with the arrive and drive casual racer who has other things to do of an evening.

Unless I get some more sign up for this race I'll probably cancel it. Which is a shame as it's a great car on a great track.

I'll like to know why this car isn't more popular. Is it the cost (really!)? Too hard to drive? Don't like old cars,? Don't like single seaters? Can't do Tuesday? Don't like the 2x25min format?

If there is some other combo people would rather race then please let me know in this thread. Thanks.
I hope this one will not be cancelled. I haven't had time to do some laps yet. Certainly love the car.

Not a fan of the 2x25 myself in general but with this one it is better, the field is too spread out otherwise.

Track is probably one of the hardest to master, especially going over the rise after the start and then turning hard right then left. But this is why we do it is it not. If we want easy play arcade games. Really don't understand what people want. Stunning car, way better than any free mod out there all for a few Quid, bucks, euros or whatever. Come on guys, open your purse, let the moths out, dig deep for a little coin and come and race the most immersive classic car you can buy.
Or buy that coffee in a paper cup instead i guess if you prefer

I have purchased it, still find it far too difficult, snap oversteer, locking brakes, no predictable grip, I seem to spend all my time just trying not to upset the thing.
it needs far more time than I am willing to give it, and when I do, we change track next week and the effort starts all over again from scratch.:O_o:
Yes I do enjoy it once I learn the track properly, but I know in the race I am defiantly going to come off, first moment I relax or something diverts my attention.
Great fun to drive, useless for racing with, unless somehow I find a dose of alien skill to bridge the gap between great and incompetent, that is not going to happen any soon.:(

I have purchased it, still find it far too difficult, snap oversteer, locking brakes, no predictable grip, I seem to spend all my time just trying not to upset the thing.
it needs far more time than I am willing to give it, and when I do, we change track next week and the effort starts all over again from scratch.:O_o:
Yes I do enjoy it once I learn the track properly, but I know in the race I am defiantly going to come off, first moment I relax or something diverts my attention.
Great fun to drive, useless for racing with, unless somehow I find a dose of alien skill to bridge the gap between great and incompetent, that is not going to happen any soon.:(
Make sure you are on slicks, have plenty of downforce, sharpen the front geo and you should be ok Ernie. Oh! and don't drive it like a Suzy Swift! lol

I hope this one will not be cancelled. I haven't had time to do some laps yet. Certainly love the car.

Not a fan of the 2x25 myself in general but with this one it is better, the field is too spread out otherwise.
Hey Laurent, you have not signed up yet? Would just look better if there were more drivers on the list. Might get more to sign up thats all. :whistling:

Two lonely races for me as Jason made some mistakes. He had to push hard to catch me but stay on track as well. Great fun driving this car around this amaaaazing track nonetheless!

Too bad it isn't more popular as Steve says.. I wish it was too. And rather on tracks like these where the car did race. It's much more fun to push the car on technical tracks.

Thanks for giving this combo a shot though Colin, appreciated! It was the first track I took the car to when it released. Racing AI around here is quite fun too.

Well done for those who did take on the challenge!

Last edited:
Shame we can't encourage more people to give it a go.

I'll schedule the next one on a circuit you all know so we'll see if that increases the numbers. If it doesn't then I'll move on to some other cars. Again, suggestions welcome.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%