AC RSS 1970 V8 @ Highlands - Tue 12th Dec 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Staff
Premium
custom_showroom_1661712299 (1).jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As recommend by you, this week we're are racing the superb
RSS 1970 V8 that's based on the March 701. If you've found the other classic single seaters a bit of a handful then give this one as go as it's a lot more drivable.

Note the car is paid content but it's less than the price of a coffee so well worth it.

The car comes in two flavours - with and without the aero package. I suspect one will be quicker but I'd like to have a selection on the grid so we can compare. If we get enough interest then I'd like to run a championship based on the
1970 season. I've found most of the tracks so this could be a great series.

I'd really like to race on the 60's Spa but for rights reasons that's not possible. So the nearest track I could find is the Kunos Highlands track. You probably think it's an odd track choice but its fast flowing nature really lets these cars sing. Just give it a go and within a few laps and you'll be hooked :)

download.jpg

The format will be 2x25mins races

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go
here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 22:00 CET, 21:00 BST (20:00 UTC) | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: RSS 1970 V8
  • Track: Highlands (Kunos)
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: not mandatory.

Useful Links:
Entry list:
Server is up

Last edited:
I felt Mt Tremblant was a bit tight and twisty for these cars but that was probably due to my lack of talent.

We'll do that one week but Highlands was a blast so thought we'd give that a go next week.

The aero is mostly different as you can see.
There are a few things. The aero for sure plus i believe it has a few extras like even better sound.
I cannot believe how few have signed up for the race today. It is a great combination.
Are people really that tight that they refuse to pay for something really special?.
I am sure that is not the reason but it does make one wonder.
The cost of a beer or a couple of coffees for f**ks sake.
Come on guys, your missing out on this.

yes, good fun for sure! i also tried out the track and car earlier and must say, it's a very nice combo. the cars especially are fun to drive and beautifully rendered. definitely worth the small investment.

will try to make this one if i can catch a break in the clouds...

Really enjoyed that race, Race 1 I didn't realize it was a 25min race and only fueled for 20mins otherwise went well. race 2 while following steve i think draft game me more speed than expected and ended up locking the brakes then running wide and spun off the barrier, After than i got caught up in a couple of other peoples spins but otherwise fun racing.

Would be nice to do a short championship in these if we can get the grid size up.

Let's see if the next race is better attended. I'd ideally want at least 10 entries for a championship.
Oh my god Colin. Just set the car up for Rouen and it is a combo made in heaven. The car is stunning around this track. Has to be one of the best experiences i have had on AC for a while. If this does not take off i will give up. Thanks also to Paul for coming up with the track idea.

Oh my god Colin. Just set the car up for Rouen and it is a combo made in heaven. The car is stunning around this track. Has to be one of the best experiences i have had on AC for a while. If this does not take off i will give up. Thanks also to Paul for coming up with the track idea.
Just had a few laps - it's quite a scary track with this car!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.