AC Round 7 of 23 Formula Agile@Pau Thu, 25th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
pau.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!
(In the final standings your worst five results will be ignored, so still chances to almost win this championship!)

On May 25th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive on Circuit de Pau 2017, by @Ginot Team - a beautiful but very challenging city track in the south-west of France, that has quite similar characteristics to the Monaco race on Sunday with regard to possible crashes, almost no ways to overtake etc. Register on our championship page using this link:

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).

We had a bit of discussion about whether there should be a poll between one race / two race format, but after thinking about this really hard (and also some strong opinions about the pros and cons of each format posted by you guys) I decided that The Wheel Of Fortune already chose what we have to use, and who are we to change this wise random decision?!

So the race format for this round is: one 60 minutes race, pit stop IS mandatory. Prepare to be very exhausted after the race!

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Pau event area.

Practice server is up!

Well, this is going to be 'interesting'.:confused: I'd never been around here before but out of 50 laps I think I managed 4 without hitting anything!!

At least we haven't got a safety car to hit ( 0.10s) and I respectfully suggest you stay in the car if you crash (0.35s). How lucky was that guy?? I think there may be the odd yellow flag in our race but not too many places to cut!

Of course you could set a (little) more realistic damage, but I fear the field would be drawn apart even quicker then.
After teleporting to the pits with a heavily damaged car you have a time penalty AND loose a lap.
So Fulvio will win by month and not by minutes as usual. :rolleyes:

I was even thinking about setting damage to WAY more than 20% if that leads people to be more cautious, but after seeing this video above I doubt that adding more realistic damage would make any difference :laugh:
Maybe Markus that is the way to do it though.
We know we are all going to hit a wall.
Maybe not being able to hit walls every lap without penalty will slow us down. Especially as crashes often allow the driver at fault to just carry on up the road leaving it all behind.
Make us PAY for our mistakes :D

Maybe Markus that is the way to do it though.
We know we are all going to hit a wall.
Maybe not being able to hit walls every lap without penalty will slow us down. Especially as crashes often allow the driver at fault to just carry on up the road leaving it all behind.
Make us PAY for our mistakes :D
I’m sort of with you on this one Steve but on the other side of the coin is when you get taken out through no fault of your own and suffer damage you lose out, but that just like the real thing I guess.:rolleyes:
At Imola last week I noticed that you had one hell of a recovery drive in race 2 after being knocked off in the first lap incident. Would you have managed to come through the field and challenge for P2 if you had to pit for repairs? But I’m all for as much realism as is practical.:thumbsup:

We had this discussion in the Wednesday Multiclass and the point was as Paul said, in the "learning phase" there will be a lot "collateral damage".
And the learning phase will start all over again when a young Hotspot joins us for the first time.:(

In a "closed society" this would work as proposed, but with the fluctuation here I´m afraid we´d stay in the learning phase forever.

I’m sort of with you on this one Steve but on the other side of the coin is when you get taken out through no fault of your own and suffer damage you lose out, but that just like the real thing I guess.:rolleyes:
At Imola last week I noticed that you had one hell of a recovery drive in race 2 after being knocked off in the first lap incident. Would you have managed to come through the field and challenge for P2 if you had to pit for repairs? But I’m all for as much realism as is practical.:thumbsup:
Paul, you made a few good points there. I was just thinking the offending driver would have to pit. But of course, everyone who got involved would also have to pit. I also get your point about my recovery. As you say, i would not of been able to do it.
Yeah, i like it as it is :roflmao:

8DF6218F-A421-4B18-970D-DAC5DDB86022.jpeg

****, in my mind I was at another circuit, I was almost looking forward to it all.

LUCKILY I read this forum, I was not even going to practice, that would have been a shock for me when I turned up to race.
Now I understand the comments.:O_o:

Put ABS on, that would help massively to the expected carnage in a positive way.

View attachment 666271

****, in my mind I was at another circuit, I was almost looking forward to it all.

LUCKILY I read this forum, I was not even going to practice, that would have been a shock for me when I turned up to race.
Now I understand the comments.:O_o:

Put ABS on, that would help massively to the expected carnage in a positive way.
Hey Ernie, we have been talking about having a classic CanAm race with the 60,s Lola T70 on a US circuit. You up for that one matey?

I might join you again after quite some time! :redface:
The German league finished yesterday so I'm looking at my wheel with only question marks about what to do now :roflmao:
It was quite exhausting after I got hooked up into the competitiveness, not doing anything else regarding simracing/gaming than practicing for these races...
But it was worth it - got better results throughout the 8 rounds and became a better driver.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll be home early enough on Thursday, but I'd LOVE to do some casual clubracing with "my homies" :)

Regarding the damage %:
Racing here since early 2017, it NEVER worked to use higher damage rates. Not even when the grid stayed pretty much the same.
As soon as the race starts, most brains just shut off any thoughts about damage. I'm not completely innocent either! My experience simply tells a clear story.

I probably won't be home in time for the race :( But I'll definitely join you next week! Whatever will be raced then :D

Have fun at this mind warping track. I really like it! :barefoot:

this is not a smart choice car for Pau.
if you mange to negotiate the massive road bumps, the kerbs will get you, I have to use the next gear as traction control, I tried an f1 car, that was actually worse.:mad:
My car looks more like a rally car, it is at max ride height, that did not work.:(
The problem is a simple one, in sim racing we have no feel, we tend to predict the out come by muscle memory. if that is an old car or modern car, this circuit does not allow that.
This car on this circuit needs TC and ABS, I can live without TC, but as I am constantly locking the brakes, which will always means colliding with a wall or kerb, not to mention a race with other cars, i foresee a lot of problems in this race to night.
Every thing happens too quickly for me to deal with any outcome, and there are a lot of out comes in one lap.
i will disappear and do some more practice, :(

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes