AC Round 7 of 23 Formula Agile@Pau Thu, 25th May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
pau.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!
(In the final standings your worst five results will be ignored, so still chances to almost win this championship!)

On May 25th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive on Circuit de Pau 2017, by @Ginot Team - a beautiful but very challenging city track in the south-west of France, that has quite similar characteristics to the Monaco race on Sunday with regard to possible crashes, almost no ways to overtake etc. Register on our championship page using this link:

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).

We had a bit of discussion about whether there should be a poll between one race / two race format, but after thinking about this really hard (and also some strong opinions about the pros and cons of each format posted by you guys) I decided that The Wheel Of Fortune already chose what we have to use, and who are we to change this wise random decision?!

So the race format for this round is: one 60 minutes race, pit stop IS mandatory. Prepare to be very exhausted after the race!

Further info can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Pau event area.

Practice server is up!

Come on Ernie,

man up and fight through it :O_o:

(that´s not what I´ll do- I chickened out)

If I get blisters on my fingers I want at least to have some wood to burn in the coming winter)

You could try to soften high speed damping, in theory that should allow the wheels to articulate more freely over the bumps.:cool:
On the other hand those AC "cars" don´t seem to follow irl rules sometimes :(

As I complained earlier Simracing should be relief from day to day struggles and not another stressor.

So I politely decline :cautious:
You're right about that, but it turned out to be good fun in the end. Took me the entire race to find some consistency, but I enjoyed the sense of speed. Just that, didn't enjoy the side walks and the barriers :cool:

Last edited:
This was definitely a track I should've practiced a lot, but apart from a few laps on tuesday there was no time to do that this week. So, I doubted whether or not to join, but I didn't want to bail out, tail between the legs. Only thing I told myself, if I'd fcuk it up for others too much, I'd go to the pits and watch the rest. But managed to find some pace to the and, PB'd a few times and managed to stay between ehm... things ... more and more laps. Was quite a good feeling actually, enjoyed it to the end. Always a Steve nearby somewhere :cool: great pace man!

Sorry for Ernie and Fulvio having to quit due to circumstances, but I just bought myself the t-shirt: "I survived Pau" and I will hang it over my bed tonight, falling asleep with a smile :)

Mega speed for Axel all week, man that's quite insane, just like Fulvio's pace, damnnn...

Anyway, Axel, Thomas and Paul(!!!) congrats to the podium.

Thank you Han for covering Marcus, and thank you Marcus for keeping this series going! I hope the field will grow a little.

Last edited:
At the start I was thinking it was a pity that the numbers were so low but can you image the carnage if there had been twenty of us around here.
I was happy with my pace if................:rolleyes:...........I could do a clean lap but as we all found out, it was almost impossible for the earthlings amongst us to keep it out of the metalwork.
But when in the groove it was a great feeling to lap so close to the barriers and get that ‘F1’ tunnel vision experience.
Thanks Han for hosting ( you found some lap time in the end) and well done all for having a go. Barcelona is going to be so boring after this one.:D

Ok, just checked the graph on results site and my position of 4th went off the page on lap 24 when i pitted.
I thought something was up and it was not just me driving to the back of the field.
1.25 is well over 1 lap and now explains what happened but not how it happened.
What a bummer

So we agree,
If something is a pain in the ass just do something else ;)
No the main difference when i said that to Ernie hes trying to improve with that car, and as i said yesterday i didnt gain anything from that lobby but for sure if i do something and i finish like p20 if i want to have fun while improving it is ok but if i want to finish at the top for sure i improve myself and i use this concept for everything

Last edited:
I think poor turn out is due to this car. It is plain difficult, no abs makes it very very difficult, the competition differential from our aliens makes it even more difficult, circuits designed to stop tanks let alone race cars add’s another layer of difficult.
I am with Carsten on this one.:)
I think it would make much more sense to apply ABS for us earth bound creatures, it would not make me and I suspect others like it more, but it would make it safer and more enjoyable to drive. And if you are against abs then you can turn it off, good luck with that.
I enjoy racing , flying into walls is not fun.
And why I am into one of my rants, there are some very good reasons why Wednesday races are so popular, easy cars to drive is in my opinion just one of the reasons.

071B3D6D-6F2E-4FF0-A239-7F9470769F7B.jpeg

I think poor turn out is due to this car. It is plain difficult, no abs makes it very very difficult, the competition differential from our aliens makes it even more difficult, circuits designed to stop tanks let alone race cars add’s another layer of difficult.
I am with Carsten on this one.:)
I think it would make much more sense to apply ABS for us earth bound creatures, it would not make me and I suspect others like it more, but it would make it safer and more enjoyable to drive. And if you are against abs then you can turn it off, good luck with that.
I enjoy racing , flying into walls is not fun.
And why I am into one of my rants, there are some very good reasons why Wednesday races are so popular, easy cars to drive is in my opinion just one of the reasons.

View attachment 667068
Horses for courses sir.
In my humble opinion we are all different.
I think it is a given that you as a driver on any normal wednesday will probably and do leave me in your dust sir.
Well, in this car you cant, and it is fair to say i probably have a similar edge over you.
Are we saying that is unfair? Of course we are not and i know you dont think that.
So are we then saying maybe i should stop racing if i cannot get on with the Wednesday cars
because we will no longer use a car that suits me? Of course we are not.
Ernie, i am just being provocative and speaking my mind as i do.
As i said, horses for courses mate ;)

Last edited:
I tend to agree with you whole hearty.
But perhaps I am not explaining my self properly, I care not one jot for where I am, all my favourite races have been back or mid field.
I do not enjoy cars that lock brakes and I then end up having to constantly dig myself out of walls. Happy to race at the back, race being the important word.

Horses for courses sir.
In my humble opinion we are all different.
I think it is a given that you as a driver on any normal wednesday will probably and do leave me in your dust sir.
Well, in this car you cant, and it is fair to say i probably have a similar edge over you.
Are we saying that is unfair? Of course we are not and i know you dont think that.
So are we then saying maybe i should stop racing if i cannot get on with the Wednesday cars
because we will no longer use a car that suits me? Of course we are not.
Ernie, i am just being provocative and speaking my mind as i do.
As i said, horses for courses mate ;)
Mhhh, there are two things going on here:
1. Ernie is "impaired" due to not feeling his brake. It's not about different strengths at different things. It's about inclusion for impairments.
With the GT1 cars it was okay since you could reduce the brake power far enough and they don't need 2x the brake input when comparing 100 km/h vs 200 km/h like the agile.

2. If the grid stays being very small, you can either have fun with the few people and ignore the criticism of the others or you make compromises and see if they were the reason or not.

I don't really have an opinion on this. I think abs takes away too much of what makes the car interesting.
I would suggest a car change instead, if the grid becomes and stays too small to have fun.

But first I'll join you for the next one. No deadlines on Thursdays for a few weeks :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back