AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Spa - Wednesday 3 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a reminder to everyone to please ensure you are on TS for the race, and to ensure you get into the server as early as possible into the practice session please :)

Thanks and have fun everyone! I'll be on server in a minute or two....

• Deleted member 239150

Just to clarify, although 2 servers may be up online, we are indeed only running a single server for this event (EU1). For you chaps in the reserves, please feel free to pop in TS in the last 5 - 6 mins of qualifying and ask if a place is available on the start grid. We are in practice at the minute and don't have a full 24 cars, so possibilities still exist to make it into the race :)

Thanks!

Btw I'm on server after this message so wont be able to read messages until the race is over. If you want to ask anything, please pop in TS :)

Cheers,

Paul

Awesome race guys! See the gaps - it was even in every position! And @Paul Glover - I really like to chase You in almost every race... :D
98.97% consistensy for both of us!
sXS2BSF.png
WprVMYj.png

What a race guys! To both Steves and Allan (and Tim in the last laps Oo) :D That fight in the last minutes was so awesome! Third Race for me and already TOP TEN. For years I cruised around in Singleplayer on my own, had nobody to race with.
THANK YOU ALL for giving me the joy of my life :D

Thank you all, apparently I still have a lot of practicing to do. Care to tell how most of you are able to take La Rouge apparently full out in 5 or 6? I always crash if I don't let up and go back to 4. It is not my stability problems, I ironed that out: now I am steering so smoothly that I can hear the gears of the FFB motor click one. by. One. Smooth enough? :) It must be something else. Maybe the trick is trying to go straight on top of the hump when the car is really light I don't know. And @Paul Jeffrey I would I swear you took the chicane after La Rouge so fast, your car was literally drifting, despite that front wheel drive cars do that really really rarely on dry tarmac so apparently I have some secrets to learn :)

What a race guys! To both Steves and Allan (and Tim in the last laps Oo) :D That fight in the last minutes was so awesome! Third Race for me and already TOP TEN. For years I cruised around in Singleplayer on my own, had nobody to race with.
THANK YOU ALL for giving me the joy of my life :D

Yea that was awesome, very close race!

BTW can someone explain me how to save replay from whole race? Everytime I end session and get a proper json file (with practice+quali+race) I click save replay and it always saves only 1-2 last laps.

Thank you all, apparently I still have a lot of practicing to do. Care to tell how most of you are able to take La Rouge apparently full out in 5 or 6? I always crash if I don't let up and go back to 4. It is not my stability problems, I ironed that out: now I am steering so smoothly that I can hear the gears of the FFB motor click one. by. One. Smooth enough? :) It must be something else. Maybe the trick is trying to go straight on top of the hump when the car is really light I don't know. And @Paul Jeffrey I would I swear you took the chicane after La Rouge so fast, your car was literally drifting, despite that front wheel drive cars do that really really rarely on dry tarmac so apparently I have some secrets to learn :)
First, it's Eau Rouge! :p
I was 1s behind the tops so I have to learn some secrets too, but:

- the line you take is the most important! Eau Rouge was 5th, flat out! Watch the replay to see our line :) It's all about using the full width of the track.

- if you hold the throttle slightly under braking you will have a smoother turn in and therefore you can be on a better line and be faster!

- you have to let go of the brakes really gentle while carefully turning in. This car has a very little, but good "sweet spot".

Last edited:
BTW can someone explain me how to save replay from whole race? Everytime I end session and get a proper json file (with practice+quali+race) I click save replay and it always saves only 1-2 last laps.
Options->replay size. Put it to 1000MB and the quality to the second highest. I have always half qualifying and full race on record :)

Oh I see no one linked the result page, so here: LINK

Don't forget to SIGN UP for the next one next Wednesday... places are very likely to go fast so please do get your name down quick :)

If we get 10+ reserves we will have a second server, so let's hurry and get at least server 1 and the first 10 for server 2 booked up tonight :)

Was good at the start, great battle with Roberto and Rasmus and a few others testings each others nerves going through the fast bends :D and I had my best qualifying ever and was up to 10th in the race, until I got taken out from behind for going slightly wide, then I got screamed at for pulling out maybe a little close but nothing too extreme, apologies to Hubert/Paul, I could have waited another 2 seconds but in the heat after I had no apology from someone but instead pretty much got mocked for being a rookie for going wide so I was just pretty annoyed.

After all this is a 'novice' race so I felt highly punished by the whole situation and had to pull in after before I ended up getting more annoyed about it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back