AC Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Spa - Wednesday 3 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
After all this is a 'novice' race so I felt highly punished by the whole situation and had to pull in after before I ended up getting more annoyed about it.

Aww man, sorry to hear about this dude.. :( Please don't let it put you off at all, these are indeed rookie events where mistakes can and do happen.. its how we learn best when out on track after all..

Regarding the comments, I appreciate you may have been annoyed (to be honest I missed them being said at the time so cannot comment on that) but as you will appreciate sometimes in the heat of the moment things are maybe said that are not intended they way they come out. I know from the last few weeks the majority of the guys here and I can assure you they are a good and friendly bunch, so I'm sure this was a misunderstanding and a "one off". If you feel aggrieved still, I suggest you may want to send a PM to the person in question (this thread, in public, is probably not the best place to take it up with them fully :) ) and just clear the air. I'm sure they didn't realise it upset you and would be more than willing to have a friendly quick mutual clearing of feelings?

Was it only me who did a Pit stop at this race ?????

Yeah I had to as well... last lap too :(

Awesome event as usual!

Couldn't quite get a "perfect" lap together and was a bit disappointed with P10.
Had quite a slow start but could save it with a wide line in turn 1. Other drivers had to go way too slow with the inside line due to the traffic. I even had to brake (!) a little bit in Eau Rouge to not bump the cars in front of me. Managed to gain a position in the end of the first sector and another two positions because there was a collision in Pouhon. In Lap 4 i gained another position and in Lap 5 again. P5 already!
It again was a battle between @Paul Jeffrey and myself and after some time i slipped away slightly and he could pass me again. Due to the mistake the gap was a bit too big for benefitting from slipstream. When i was in front of him i drove a bit too cautious which resulted in bad laptimes. When he passed me the gap began to rise but at one point it "clicked" and suddenly my times improved about 3 tenths per lap. One lap i was close again, but not enough.
And one lap before the race ended i only had 0.8 laps left with my tank. Others had to pit aswell, but i was slightly behind Roberto now - Thinking the leader already is a lap further so we had to drive one last lap i wasnt aggressive enough in the battle and wanted to pass him either in La Source or on the Kemmel straight.

Was surprised when the race just ended before that. We were side by side and i lost the position with about 1 tenth. Shame :D Should've been P6 instead.

Anyway, fantastic driving, there were zero contacts with my car. We just had a good time and nice fights! :)

Thanks everyone!

-

Here are the results and charts btw :)
http://simresults.net/170503-e5B

Thank you all, apparently I still have a lot of practicing to do. Care to tell how most of you are able to take La Rouge apparently full out in 5 or 6? I always crash if I don't let up and go back to 4. It is not my stability problems, I ironed that out: now I am steering so smoothly that I can hear the gears of the FFB motor click one. by. One. Smooth enough? :) It must be something else. Maybe the trick is trying to go straight on top of the hump when the car is really light I don't know. And @Paul Jeffrey I would I swear you took the chicane after La Rouge so fast, your car was literally drifting, despite that front wheel drive cars do that really really rarely on dry tarmac so apparently I have some secrets to learn :)
As mentioned by others, 5th gear.
On the straight beforehand drive on the right side of the track and entry the corner on the left side (right over the curb). If i have it in my head correctly your wheel should now already be turning slightly to the right and in the middle of the corner already slightly to the left again.

I am not good in explaining that, if you have the replay you can watch other drivers doing it.

Also: These races are there to help you, feel free to ask anything during the session. That will give you direct help and assistance.
+ Always watch a few corners or laps from fast drivers. It helps extremely and i always find 2-5 tenths per lap because of that. Or if you do something fundamentally wrong even more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%