ACC Rookie Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Cheers all, really enjoyed that, must remember to start my engine for the formation lap next time! lol. Some good racing show and from what I saw was clean. Shout out to Bakker and Laycock, had some good racing with those 2 mainly.

Look forward to next week (Work permitting for me).
Hi Thanks for the shout out. Good racing between you Dean Hyde and I.
( I think Dean must have ran out of fuel on the last lap as I am sure we would not have made up the ground on him after our contact if he had not). Thanks again for letting me retake the position after our contact. It was appreciated.
Sadly, I may not be able to make many of these events as I live in NZ and due to time difference its Friday morning for me. However I will make all those I can
Best wishes
Bob

Hi Thanks for the shout out. Good racing between you Dean Hyde and I.
( I think Dean must have ran out of fuel on the last lap as I am sure we would not have made up the ground on him after our contact if he had not). Thanks again for letting me retake the position after our contact. It was appreciated.
Sadly, I may not be able to make many of these events as I live in NZ and due to time difference its Friday morning for me. However I will make all those I can
Best wishes
Bob
I did indeed run out of fuel :whistling:, slowed down as much as possible to try and conserve some as realised a couple of laps earlier but half way through final lap car cut out :cry:
enjoyed the racing very much and managed to have an incident free race, started 16th and was 7th when fuel ran out so happy with that, tires were over heating a little in 2nd half of race so losing some grip and I though you might have had me at some point before I saw your contact in the rear view mirror.

looking forward to next week. Thanks Chris for organising.

Bob and Dean, was such fun, yeah The contact I couldn't avoid, You both slowed down way more than I expected only place I could go was right and try to hold the line, but 3 through there doesn't work lol. I did feel a bit bad for taking you on the last lap though Bob, as you were behind Dean and the door was wide open for me to go up the inside.

My tyres I was struggling with until about half way through, guessing I'd done the opposite of you with pressures dean. I couldn't get mine up to proper pressure until about lap 8, even then they were only just hitting 27.4psi.

Hopefully I can make next week!!

Just new in; missed the first week of this but hopefully I can attend next week for Monza.

Being relatively new my plan will be to stay out peoples way haha

Just new in; missed the first week of this but hopefully I can attend next week for Monza.

Being relatively new my plan will be to stay out peoples way haha
Cool, Monza is going to be interesting with us all thundering down to that first chicane on the opening lap!

Maybe we could have an agreement for lap 1 T1. Pick left or right side leading up to the chicane then stay that side leaving room on the other side until you are out of T1. You can just about fit 2 cars side by side but both need to leave room.

Last edited:
Maybe we could have an agreement for lap 1 T1. Pick left or right side leading up to the chicane then stay that side leaving room on the other side until you are out of T1. You can just about fit 2 cars side by side but both need to leave room.
Agree. For most of us this is like an endurance race. We can't win or lose much first corner. Time enough to catch up if you are really faster.

Last edited:
Cool, Monza is going to be interesting with us all thundering down to that first chicane on the opening lap!
Yea, that would be a disaster, I won't be going into that aggressively.

I don't know much about the car setups so I'll just be using the safe preset, the main issue for me will be staying consistent than anything else...

Does anyone have any tips for improving braking skill? I know it is about reps and feel but just wondered if anyone had an practicing tips. I have just moved from G923 to Fanatec V3 (with brake kit) and I am struggling a bit. Any tips welcome!

Does anyone have any tips for improving braking skill? I know it is about reps and feel but just wondered if anyone had an practicing tips. I have just moved from G923 to Fanatec V3 (with brake kit) and I am struggling a bit. Any tips welcome!
You're right about reps and feel, the more you practice the more your muscle memory will kick in. I think it can be a bit harder to fine tune your braking on ACC as the GT3 cars have such good ABS that you can really lean on the brakes without noticing any issues.

What ABS settings are you using? I usually have mine around 3 or 4 in the dry. It took me a while to get used to my CSL load cell brake after using G27 pedals for years.

Last edited:
You're right about reps and feel, the more you practice the more your muscle memory will kick in. I think it can be a bit harder to fine tune your braking on ACC as the GT3 cars have such good ABS that you can really lean on the brakes without noticing any issues.

What ABS settings are you using? I usually have mine around 3 or 4 in the dry. It took me a while to get used to my CSL load cell brake after using G27 pedals for years.
Thanks Chris. I have ABS set at 4 at the moment. I really do prefer the load cell but it is taking a while to get used to the finer touches and trail breaking. Did you look at the live telemetry much at the start or just rely on feel?

Thanks Chris. I have ABS set at 4 at the moment. I really do prefer the load cell but it is taking a while to get used to the finer touches and trail breaking. Did you look at the live telemetry much at the start or just rely on feel?
I think I went in to the fanatec pedal setup / calibration software and pressed the pedal a few times holding it at where I felt max braking should be. Ended up with only using 30% of the force range. Once set I tested again a hand full of times to make sure I was happy. In game I glanced over at the pedal telemetry a few times then just pounded around lap after lap.

It will come and your lap times will be much more consistent. Have you calibrated the new pedals in game?

Last edited:
I have the same brake setup. It is very important that you feel comfortable with your setup. The brakes should do what YOU think they should do. It took me a while before I had it dialled in. I even ended up cutting those pieces in the brake performance kit in half. Just to get the right feeling. Make sure all your settings and calibrations are ok. Also, give yourself time to get used to them. Maybe also try those pedal extensions (don't know how you call them but I also use them on my brake pedal). Just keep trying. Like I said, I have the same hardware and I am very happy with it at the moment.

I have the same brake setup. It is very important that you feel comfortable with your setup. The brakes should do what YOU think they should do. It took me a while before I had it dialled in. I even ended up cutting those pieces in the brake performance kit in half. Just to get the right feeling. Make sure all your settings and calibrations are ok. Also, give yourself time to get used to them. Maybe also try those pedal extensions (don't know how you call them but I also use them on my brake pedal). Just keep trying. Like I said, I have the same hardware and I am very happy with it at the moment.
Thanks Nicky. I appreciate the advice. I love the pedals and I am a lot more consistent with them but I need play around travel.

Two races left of this GT3 rookie series. I was wondering if we should try something different afterwards.

Would anyone be interested in a Ginnetta GT4 Academy?
Supercup_0039.jpg

Single car races on the smaller tracks so it levels the playing field a bit and we can get some door to door racing on the go?

Yes. I will be interested in any GT4 (also Ginetta) league or race (single car). They are really fun to drive and make for close racing. Many will be surprised how good these cars are.
(and the curbs won't instantly kill you).

Two races left of this GT3 rookie series. I was wondering if we should try something different afterwards.

Would anyone be interested in a Ginnetta GT4 Academy?
View attachment 531184
Single car races on the smaller tracks so it levels the playing field a bit and we can get some door to door racing on the go?
I have never used a GT4 car but would definitely be interested. Especially if it would level the playing field a little and maybe help improve my driving.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.