ACC Rookie Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
GT4s could be a great shout after this one. A bit slower, less setup stuff to worry about / learn (or in my case use aggresive setup and tweak tyre pressures and leave it at that) and as previously stated, won't insta kill you for touching a kerb a too enthusiastically.

Does anyone have any tips for improving braking skill? I know it is about reps and feel but just wondered if anyone had an practicing tips. I have just moved from G923 to Fanatec V3 (with brake kit) and I am struggling a bit. Any tips welcome!
Which combination of elastomer springs are
you using on your brake? Also, try loose the brake pressure from the pedal first. Give a couple of laps and slowly start to increase the pressure.

Its frustrating. I want to join the Rookie race today but could find the password.
Now I'm 2 minutes to late for participation.

Ok - now I know where the password can be found. I suggest to give a short information
on the simracing.gp site where the password can be found. If I dont overlook something, there is no hint.

One week ago I asked what the AM and PRO tags on the cars are for. Is this simply a self assessment? Are the cars equal? What is the difference?

Regards
Michael

Last edited:
Edit: ignore this -I got in. The sign up and sign in passwords are different for anyone having similar issues! Sorry.

A similar but different issue here. I signed up quite late but the password in the first post doesn't seem to work for me unfortunately. I wonder if it's to do with signing up late? Very odd.

Last edited:
One week ago I asked what the AM and PRO tags on the cars are for. Is this simply a self assessment? Are the cars equal? What is the difference?

Regards
Michael
Where did you ask this Michael? I haven't seen this question in this Rookie thread or have I missed it?

As mentioned in the 1st post you select AM if you are quite new to racing online or Pro If you have experience and usually have good pace. Cars are equal it's just your skill level classification.

If you haven't seen much GT3 racing it's a bit like multi class racing. For example an AM driver can finish 5th overall but if he is the highest AM finisher he is first in class.

Last edited:
All info needed to join was posted in the driver briefing notes on post #13

I'll add these details to the first post.

Last edited:
Where did you ask this Michael? I haven't seen this question in this Rookie thread or have I missed it?

As mentioned in the 1st post you select AM if you are quite new to racing online or Pro If you have experience and usually have good pace. Cars are equal it's just your skill level classification.

If you haven't seen much GT3 racing it's a bit like multi class racing. For example an AM driver can finish 5th overall but if he is the highest AM finishes he is first in class.

Hi Chris,

sorry for my slightly angry email.

I'm new on this platform, therefore I have more questions than answers.
After some acclimatization I'm fore sure a happy customer.

The question regarding AM/PRO was here:

But its not important anymore, you gave me this answer. Thx for this.

Really frustrating was my nonpartication on the Rookie Series race today. I could not find the passwort for joining and I could not ask someone on simracing.gp. The forums which I saw on this site are all readonly for me.

Your are right, this information is for sure in the briefing notes. But there is no link between the simracing.gp entry and the briefing notes. Do I overlook something?

See my post:

Now my suggestions through the eyes of a rookie :)

1) Short explaination on the race entry page regarding AM/PRO
2) Briefing notes link on the same race entry page

Does this makes sense?

Best regards
Michael

Last edited:
It can be a bit confusing you're right. This is something simracing.gp is looking to address in the future.

"But there is no link between the simracing.gp entry and the briefing notes. Do I overlook something?"

I'm not too sure what you mean about no link. If you mean there aren't any briefing notes on the SGP page then that's correct. Anyone wanting to join the event needs to come to this thread for the sign up password so all the info is here. The SGP page is just the registration part where you pick your car, enter the sign up password then you are added to the driver list on the server at which point the password to join the server is right there but if you don't know what you are looking for I can see how this can be missed. Currently there isn't anywhere on these single events to put a briefing page with instructions so that's why I've put it here and asked people to message me if they have issues.

In a nut shell - any issues, questions etc about how to join just ask here or PM me.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm learning too so will try to add further instructions on our next Ginnetta Academy series :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It can be a bit confusing you're right. This is something simracing.gp is looking to address in the future.

"But there is no link between the simracing.gp entry and the briefing notes. Do I overlook something?"

I'm not too sure what you mean about no link. If you mean there aren't any briefing notes on the SGP page then that's correct. Anyone wanting to join the event needs to come to this thread for the sign up password so all the info is here. The SGP page is just the registration part where you pick your car, enter the sign up password then you are added to the driver list on the server at which point the password to join the server is right there but if you don't know what you are looking for I can see how this can be missed. Currently there isn't anywhere on these single events to put a briefing page with instructions so that's why I've put it here and asked people to message me if they have issues.

In a nut shell - any issues, questions etc about how to join just ask here or PM me.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm learning too so will try to add further instructions on our next Ginnetta Academy series :thumbsup:
Hi Chris,

you are right. Informationwise its a one way street from RD to SGP. I will get used to it but if you are a new member its sometimes difficult to find the important informations in time.

Lessions learned: drive faster and start earlier (the latter not on the race track) :)

Good Race at Monza, I struggle a lot during the whole race. Good pressure from Nick Coolen until that spin in Ascari (unlucky). I forgot to save the replay. :mad::mad::mad: is this something someone else can share with me? does it work?

My first organised race! I felt it go pretty well but...

I feel im too early on the brakes than most people, it probably must scare them a bit behind but if I leave it any longer I wouldn't be able to make the corner lol

Wouldnt mind the replay as well, didnt know you can save it :)

Last edited:
Yes it was fun Baez. You must have felt the pressure, but you did a good job dealing with it. I think we both were trying to keep it clean. I had the pace but not the consistency. I could keep it together for 7 laps or so before I crashed. Then mess-up tires and started making more mistakes. Anyhow, thx for the race. Looking forward to next one.

I felt it went well, no one hit me and i didnt hit anyone although i was at the back in position 15 lol

edit
I do remember someone flying along off track on the left side though haha

Last edited:
another enjoyable race, some mistakes by myself though as i was pushing really hard to get good lap times so ended up losing a few places (started 8th, finished 11th) after a spin or two! :rolleyes: good clean racing from everyone though as far as i saw.

Was an "interesting" race for me and quite lonely after the end of lap 2!

Turn 1 looked nice an clean from what I saw (except whoever took to the escape road at speed, didn't hit anyone though so fair play and waited to safely rejoin), 2nd chicane on the other hand for me was step 1 of it all going wrong. The vehicle 2 in front went sidways, car in front slammed on, I slammed on but tapped their back end gently but then got rear ended by the following car. No biggie I thought, impacts weren't that big, oh boy aero damage from and rear + ascari = death lol. Entered ascari no problem, turned the right and weeeeeeee off I went for a little trip to the barrier on the right. Pitted on Lap 2 for repairs, put me right at the back. Managed to recover to 16th out of 23 (I think it was 23 drivers).

I do have the replay saved but not sure if I'm allowed to share it on here, if Swanny can confirm and I can I'll upload it and drop a link.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%