ACC Rookie Series @ Various Tracks - Every Thursday

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
acc rookie.jpg

New to ACC or haven't done any online racing before? Come join us for some friendly sprint races.

Although this series is aimed at new comers to ACC or drivers wanting to sample good online racing, we welcome all skill levels. We combine fun events with discord chatter and collective learning into our races for our premium members.

For these races there will be two classes to pick from:

Am - Pick this class if you are new to ACC, haven't had much experience with online racing or you are looking for help with your racing. All we ask is you re-join the track safely if you come off and keep to the racing line for blue flags - let the faster cars find a spot to pass.

Pro - Pick this class if you have done online races before and your pace is usually within a few seconds of the top 3.
Keep in mind all skill levels will be sharing the same track as you, extra care to be taken please.

These are fun social events where we can all turn up and learn something. The golden rule is no contact - if a pass isn't 100% on then wait for another opportunity.

The use of the in-built ACC radar is strongly recommended as this shows you where cars are around you.

Rules and event info

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Assetto Corsa Competizione voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and synchronize your premium account.

Timetable and password
Click on the day you want below, select a car in Pro or Am then enter the sign up password rdclub
Thursday 6th January - Silverstone
Thursday 13th January - Monza
Thursday 20th January - Spa

Practice: 20:00 UTC / 21:00 CET (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC / 21:15 CET (15 minutes)
Race: 20:30 UTC / 21:30 CET (30 minutes)

We use the SGP site to manage sign ups and show server information.

The password to join the server (not the sign up password) is listed on the SGP event page under "server password". Server goes live around 20:03UTC for practice.

Any questions on how this works just PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Chris, how do I get the password to register? I am totally new to online racing so apologies if it is a stupid question. Thanks Mark.

Hi Chris, how do I get the password to register? I am totally new to online racing so apologies if it is a stupid question. Thanks Mark.
Hi Mark, no worries at all.

The password to register is rdclub

It's listed under the Timetable section in the first post. Once registered you will see the server password listed in the SGP event page which you will use to join the server on the day.

The server will show in the ACC multiplayer server browser after a few minute of going live so probably around 20:02UTC.

These races are all about learning the ins and outs of how to race online with us so fire away if you have any further questions.

Hi Mark, no worries at all.

The password to register is rdclub

It's listed under the Timetable section in the first post. Once registered you will see the server password listed in the SGP event page which you will use to join the server on the day.

The server will show in the ACC multiplayer server browser after a few minute of going live so probably around 20:02UTC.

These races are all about learning the ins and outs of how to race online with us so fire away if you have any further questions.
Brilliant, thank you Chris.

Is there any required SA for this races?
No minimum SA required, you just need to be able to drive around at a good pace and be safe.

I'd say at a minimum you will need to:
  • know the track and racing line
  • be able to complete a number of laps without coming off
If anyone is having problems with the above I'd recommend practicing offline and being comfortable first before joining us online.

Virtual Driver's Briefing for the events
Rather than make you sit and listen to me on discord I thought I'd put a few notes here, any other questions just ask.

Joining the event
At around 20:02 on the day of the event the server will be visible in the ACC multiplayer lobby browser. If it isn't just keep refreshing and trying.

You can find the server a few different ways.
  • use the copy button at the end of the server name on SGP then paste in to the ACC server browser
  • search for RaceDepartment
  • search the # code at the end of the server name
1.JPG

If the server doesn't show just check you have the filter set to "All" at the top and not something like GT4.

The password to join is listed on the SGP event page under "server password"

If you can't make the event please remember to cancel your registration on SGP

Rules and etiquette
Please ensure you are familiar with the club rules here

Quick recap of the big rules (but please read the main club rules above)
  • Please don't use the in game chat during qualifying or the race. Wait for everyone to finish the race before chatting.
  • If you knock someone off, pull over somewhere safe and let them back in front. If this rule is ignored you won't be able to race with us for 30 days
  • No streaming or making public recordings of the event
As these are casual races designed for people to test the waters on multiplayer and a multitude of skill levels please take extra care when racing and leave plenty of room.

A note for Pro drivers
There are only a few Pro ranked drivers taking part. If you come to lap another driver please try to overtake somewhere sensible. If it means slowing down to get a better exit or even losing a bit of time that's fine - these races aren't for points.

A note for AM drivers
It's always a good idea to have the MFD showing your relative position to cars around you and also have the radar active (I can't live without it now). Keep an eye out for Blue flags and stick to the racing line - if you can let a faster car by on a straight with a quick lift of the throttle then please do so as long as they aren't right behind you *Visions of Max and Lewis flooding back*

A bit about me
I'm a volunteer and run the ACC club by myself. I will be admin on the server but don't forget I'm on there to race too. I'll be trying to keep an eye on driving standards during Practice and Quali but in the race I'll be concentrating on my own race.
If you have contact and feel it was malicious please follow the guide here on how to deal with it.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was awesome. Chris and I had roughly the same pace and duked it out for the entire race, no more than half a sec between us the entire race. Got past with the help of a backmarker making things slightly difficult on the exit of Chapel which meant I got a run and threaded the needle with a bit of three wide, but it worked! Rest of the race was spent defending, judging out his strong spots and maklng the car extra wide in those places. Last few corners was hard defending as I got a slightly poor exit out of The Loop.
Brilliant race Chris, nice to do battle with someone as ace as you :thumbsup: hopefully the defending wasnt too hard :)

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for organizing the race. I had a solid 3rd place but made a Rookie mistake with fuel. And then speeding in the pits. Anyhow, still learning. Looking forward to the next race.
Nick Coolen

Last edited:
rdacc.jpg

Thank you all for making the first Rookie night a success. I had the chance to chat with a few of you on discord which was great and it was nice to see a good turnout on track.

As expected there are varying levels of experience on track which is just what we want and is great to see. This way there is usually someone for you to race against or something to learn. Even if you are a couple of tenths off someone, you might find you push more than you would offline and start to unlock some more speed you didn't know you had.

@Jan Larsen that was a fantastic race. We both had our strong points on track and as we were both in massive boats it was always going to be hard to overtake :D Your defence was spot on, didn't think it was too hard at all. I tried every trick in the book but couldn't get by.

From what I could see most seemed to have a clean race. If you had contact and left early give it a while then go check the replay and see what happened. There are always going to be mistakes, happens in real life it will happen here. As long as the other driver waits for you and lets you back past then give them the benefit of the doubt or just a quick PM to talk about it.

If you have any questions about setup, tyres, techniques etc then ask away in this thread and hopefully someone will have an answer :thumbsup:

See you next time out!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.9%