Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament - Season 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
rock-paper-scissors.png

Welcome to Race Department Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament Season 24!
The theme this season will be No Theme. When you sign up, just send me your team name and some kind of team logo that we can use to identify you in the forum. Please help me with some tags or PMs to people who might want to play.

How to participate
  1. Sign up with your chosen team name and provide me with a logo. It can be from anywhere. Your favorite football team or cricket squad. The local volunteer fire department. Your college. There will be no moderator team.
  2. After sign-ups are closed, I'll start a conversation with each participant. Once matches begin, you will give me 5 choices of RPS for each match (e.g R-P-R-R-S).
  3. Your RPS choices will be faced against your opponent’s according to the order you write them. Rock > Scissors, Paper > Rock, Scissors > Paper. Same choice means no goal.
  4. Points will to determine your position in the standings. Points are gained as follows: Win = 3 Points, Draw = 1 Point, Loss = 0.
  5. If you fail to send your choices by the provided deadline, your team will lose 3-0 by default, and you will get 0 points. If both players of a match fail to send their choices, the match ends 0-0, with a loss and 0 points for both sides. This type of result will not be considered a Draw.
  6. If you know that you're going to be away from the game for an extended period, you are welcome to send me multiple rounds. Just make sure you label which selection goes with which match. This will help you avoid losing a match 3-0. However, please do not send me an entire season worth of selections.
I haven't decided yet whether there will be a round-robin ahead of the knock-out round. It will depend on how many players we have. Regardless, the knock-out round will be double-elimination style. I'll update this section when the decision is made so all are aware.

If we have a round-robin, tie-breakers will be applied in the following order:
  1. Goal Difference
  2. Total Goals Scored
  3. Total Wins
  4. Head-to-Head Result among tied teams
  5. If the result is still a draw, then the tied teams will play a single shoot-out style match.
In the knock-out round, regulation time will be the same as round-robin play. Participants will submit 5 choices for the match, and a winner will be decided. If the regular time ends in a tie, both participants will be notified and will be asked to provide 3 more selections. If the match is still tied, the participants will be asked for 5 RPS choices for the Shoot-Out. The winner of the Shoot-Out will be awarded a single goal and declared the winner of the match. The Shoot-Out cannot end in a tie, and the moderator will continue asking for RPS selections (in groups of 5 or more) until a winner is determined.

I'd use my esports team logo, but since we're keeping it SFW I'll be like all the other fortnite kids..

Team solomid (TSM)
TSM_Logo.jpg

PS: if you're wondering about my esports team, @FAP_Esports on twitter. Built by the guys I used to league race with, as a bit of banter because of the amount of F1 esports teams out there..

We have only seven entries, and @Benutzername is yet to give me a team name. Having many more players would make me very happy. Spread the word if you can. I tried tagging but hit my limit so ended up accidentally erasing them all. I'm sending a PM to those who played Season 23, and a few other folks I talk to regularly here.

Last edited:
I'm going to keep sign-up open for a while...probably until next weekend. Hang tight and we'll get rolling soon!

As it stands, with 8 players, I think we can do a small round-robin with two groups of 4. Top 2 from each to a playoff. That's a total of only 5 games max, so we can expand if you'd prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back